Thread: Quick question about casual "elo".

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vidjagamer's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Quick question about casual "elo".

First off I understand that Smite doesn't work off the traditional Elo system, but I'm going to use the term just to speed things along.
    I've heard that smite uses a separate casual and league elo. In league, your placement during picks correlates with your elo rating. Is it safe to assume that the same system applies to casual. If I'm top of the list in casual during picks, does that mean I'm top elo?
    Main reason I ask is that my buddy and I (both lvl 30) both play at what I think is a very similar level, however when we que together, he is almost always at the bottom of the list and I'm usually top 2. Furthermore when we throw my other friend who is a level 28 into the equation, he actually ranks above first friend (lvl 30).
    Any theories on this as well?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think they are separated. I play with a platinum friend, me currently being level 29, and I don't get enemies who are too challenging. If it took his league into account, I'm sure I would be getting decimated.
    Have teamspeak? Join us on High Koalaty Gaming! A growing smite community for everyone! ts3.highkoalatygaming.org

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Yes, the highest rated casual elo person will be on the top and the lowest will be on the bottom. The reason is because casual queues used to have 1 ban per team, so the highest rated person was allowed to do the ban.

If you watched any streams of competitive players a year ago back when the only thing they played was casual games, you would notice if they were ever playing by themselves, they would always be on top, no matter what. Out of 30 games, they would be the top pick 30 times. So it's pretty obvious that there's no random "pick order" in casual queues.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RapunzeI's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i was wondering about the pick order correlation to elo myself since i have been consistently on the top for every game. i guess it isn't just random coincidence.

if the person at the top has the highest elo then, well, i now have the best reason to blame my team.

Junior Member Cupidhead XX0wnsXY's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    This is bad news for me, since I am not always on the top ;(. LOL
    http://www.twitch.tv/XX0wnsXY
    -may contain tons of foul language and rage. I don't apologize

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidjagamer View Post
    First off I understand that Smite doesn't work off the traditional Elo system, but I'm going to use the term just to speed things along.
    I've heard that smite uses a separate casual and league elo. In league, your placement during picks correlates with your elo rating. Is it safe to assume that the same system applies to casual. If I'm top of the list in casual during picks, does that mean I'm top elo?
    Main reason I ask is that my buddy and I (both lvl 30) both play at what I think is a very similar level, however when we que together, he is almost always at the bottom of the list and I'm usually top 2. Furthermore when we throw my other friend who is a level 28 into the equation, he actually ranks above first friend (lvl 30).
    Any theories on this as well?
    Your friend either lost a lot of matches at low levels (as he was learning the ropes of the game), or he plays a lot of support and consequently can't carry bad teams.