Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn 2 Think 4 Yourself 4 Once - PPS (Pro-Player Syndrome pt.2)

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Learn 2 Think 4 Yourself 4 Once - PPS (Pro-Player Syndrome pt.2)

What is Pro-Player Syndrome?
    Pro player syndrome is a god awful form of hero worship and opinions based in the e-sports (electronic sports) scene that utilizes every single opinion and balance decision that pros have done in tournaments.

My Opinion
    It's a dignified mess and I will point out why it's bad to follow pros at each and every turn. First off it's bandwagoning. Alright? I should have legal right to pull you by the ear and make you watch 1940's videos on "How to think on your own by Mark Twain" (Doesn't exist, but hell it should) or read Dante's Divine Parody. (The Church during those times lead to this book which basically meant anything you did was a sin because the Church had people living in fear of sinning.)

Pro-players I do agree play the game and gain a better sentimental understanding than most when it comes to the Gods/Demi-Gods they play and the items they use, but what I can't stand is the stupidity of using them as the "They are always right" card.

Let me tell you a secret, okay?...

Pro-players are not always right! Like humans they have their own opinions and like humans they are biased of their own opinions. Who and why the literal Donkey Kong does anyone follow their monkey droppings and lick it up like it's the most delicious thing in the world.

Do you not have an opinion? Let me ask you again. Do you not have an opinion?

Because if you don't then I should drag your IQ level of 34 back to elementary when they taught you the basics of teaching yourself how to tie your shoes.

Ya'll that follow pros I'm going to give you some advice. Take both strings, tie it in a knot, make bunny ears, and loop it around because it's time to make your own meta for once.

The duo hunter meta was always there. If it's fun for you to play duo hunters then go for it. Why is your excuse, "Pros do it too." If I was a pro player and I told you to kick a goat from behind. Would you do it? No, I think it should be. Should you do it? The meta is this, "A compilation of characters and players that can make a team comp work and form a unity to which that team comp can work for the specific jobs given in the match."

The meta doesn't mean "solo, mid, duo, and jungle." That's stale and boring. If you want to go down one level then it's:
    Solo = Warrior noob, but now it Hunter.
    Mid = Mage scrub, but now it Neith.
    Adc = Hunter Bronzie
    Support = Guardian Feeder
    Jungle = It always be Assassin, if you jungle Ymir den I reportz u lolz

What the literal monkey wrench school did you go to for those sentences?

Now my opinions are done. What are yours for Part 2 of Miyobi's Pro Player Syndrome.

Quote from Reddit

I was hesitant about posting this on Reddit, but I wanted to make a personal note to the Hi Rez balance team. Balance is a difficult concept and that's understandable. The community here is full of biased players which some attempt to contribute to the overall balance while others just plain refuse to accept change.

My issue here is that due to recent events that I have taken notice. Pro-Players should not be your template for balance. Like people they have their own opinions on the matter and biased to said opinions depending who he/she is.

Not only that, they have shown the inability to show professionalism in the face of criticism. If they cannot handle such issues then why are they arm-in-arm with the balance team that requires a good head and non-biased opinions? That is poor decision on terms of seeking help. There are people in this community that have good insight, but they are not pros.

Don't alienate your community. They are here to enjoy your game and have fun.

With this current patch, I won't say anything in regards to the attempts to cooldown the core of item builds, but side stepping the problem isn't going to help. Hunters became the Warriors of Smite, it was not as bad as the Warriors were before the nerf due to Hunters not having the extreme amount of stats that Warriors had. The problem this time lies in item builds of HS, Crit, and Lifesteal.

If a pro suggested these balance changes to the core items then in my biased opinion the system is no better than LoL that have separate teams that balance champions using their own judgement with no communication between the team and the community. Many changes that happened there was due to biased opinions and it's sad to see Smite heading in this direction.

My feeling is that the item changes were band aid fixes in attempt to keep hunters close to what they still are, but indirectly hurting the Warrior and Assassin roles. If your so called, "Pro-Advisors" suggested these then my gut feeling was "this person side stepped an issue to keep hunters as they are because they play hunters more than other roles."

I may not know what happens behind the scene in the balance team, but so far the effort is just being wasted. I do not expect a response, just a consideration in position that the game is going through.

In the Moba scene you either eat or get eaten. - MiyobiKumagawa
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 06-08-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Apparently I missed part 1 which is a pity, but my opinions can be summed up like this:

Thank you! This needed to be said.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    I posted it on Reddit and added a small message to the balance team to get their act together and listen to the community for once instead of their precious pro-players.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured Miestana's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    good thing i dont listen to any pro players. i create my own builds and could care less about them.

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Listening to pro players or people in general is a good thing to do. Foreign input is always a good thing, getting different viewpoints on things can be a huge help.

What you shouldn't do is taking everything people tell you for granted, and that is the difference between being a human gifted with the ability to use his brain and a sheep.

Senior Member Honoured Miestana's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    true enough. its just i have my "normal" build i use for certain classes. if i find out that it doesnt work then i will look to help from a guide or someone else as a base line. but other than that i add my own flare to the build. kali for example. people called me bad because of the build i use on her. but i always end up getting more kills than they do. warriors, jotun, hydra, rage, deathbringer and hastened. optimal according to pro players and semi pro? nope. can i use it effectively? yes

Achievements:
    Playing Warriors, Guardians and Melees is the best kind of homework if you want to learn proper Itembuilding honestly.

Figureing out how to maximise your defenses against the enemy team while also give yourself the needed insurance against their respective utility is much more vital and able to balance than it is for Hunters and Mages who pretty much have very fixed builds.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Some players build Bellona Assassin because the pros do it. What do I do? I build her like a freakin berserking bruiser that jumps in with her ult when the Guardian initiates and I take huge chunks of health out of the enemy team while surviving years and years worth of damage.

Achievements:
    I play Bellona however I feel like it and just win.

Thats what Bellona is all about, right? No matter what you are doing with her.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    I play Bellona however I feel like it and just win.

Thats what Bellona is all about, right? No matter what you are doing with her.
    Yup, but people are like, "Bellona works best as an assassin because she had *insert item here* during the SPL."

I'll take that SPL and shove it in the dark crevices of my *insert dirty joke here. - Mine? Couch*

Update:The Reddit awareness of this issue is a complete success, but of course the occasional Reddit buttheads from time to time and actually little BM at this moment.