Thread: Made 2 Game (m2g) - NA Competitive Gaming Community

Junior Member Cupidhead Rockshocka's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points

Made 2 Game (m2g) - NA Competitive Gaming Community

First, before we get into this post, I want to thank everyone who takes the time to read this. I know it is long, but I want to be as forward as I can with this so that all who are interested are properly informed and know what to expect. Also I want to apologize, the formatting was being troublesome so please ignore any inconsistencies you find with the numbering/bullet points. Wrote it out in Word and apparently the Paste from Word function is a little buggy.

Glossary

1. About myself
    2. Purpose and Scope
    3. How the process will work
    4. How to Qualify for consideration
    5. How to apply
    6. What to expect after you apply

About Myself
    When you read through this I am sure a lot, if not all, will think “who the hell is this guy and why does he think he can do something like this?”

I admit if you look at my profile (SmiteGuru & Tiermonster) it does not paint a pretty picture. My numbers are not great, and I can make up many many excuses but the fact remains that I am not a strong enough or consistent enough player currently to actually take a role on a team myself. That coupled with an unreliable internet connection makes it hard to be successful.

I have been playing this game for nearly two years and I watch the SPL regularly and learn the new meta’s, and strategies. I have good mechanical game knowledge that I believe should be shared. This is why I am creating this community, to share that knowledge and help create a good competitive group of players.

I have experience running very successful groups and projects at my place of employment and I believe those talents and skills can translate over to the Smite Competitive scene. It boils down to project management, synergy, and knowledge, all skills that I believe I have gained and honed during my time at my current job. If you would like to know about my experience with project management I would be happy to answer those for you individually.

Purpose
    Made 2 Game is a Brand New gaming community looking for players who want to enter the competitive scene.

What makes us different from other competitive teams? What will make m2g different from other competitive teams is that we will look at building multiple, full sister teams who will work together throughout the week to help one another improve and practice.

A large part of the success we have seen from professional players/teams is the fact that they have a team that they scrim and practice with regularly. Being part of a competitive team on it’s own can make it difficult to find a reliable team willing to identify you as a team they are willing to practice with regularly. Made 2 Game is here to fix that.

How this process will work
    The process has taken a lot of thinking on my part, and I believe it has the opportunity to be very successful.

1. We will look to fill at least 2 full teams, with enough interest I would be happy to expand that to as many as we can get.
    2. After we have enough interested and qualified members to fill every role for each team, I will assign each “applicant” to a team.
    3. Once the teams have been put together we will begin the 2-3 week process.
      1. Week 1: The members of each team will find time to meet and get to know each other. Take the time to learn play styles, this can be done by playing together, or watching one another play.
        1. Learning one another’s play styles are important so that you know their weaknesses, and can adjust accordingly to better work as a team rather than just playing as a group of people with individual play styles.

This, in my opinion, is one of the biggest downfalls of a team. People come together as a “team” but still play as if they are by themselves. This does not help anyone improve and will cause losses and frustration.

1. Week 2: I will pair up the teams (if we only have 2 teams, no pairing is required). These teams will scrim each other several times throughout the week. These scrims will have 2 main purposes.
      1. Purpose 1: to learn to play together as a team, focusing on communication, rotation, and overall attitude towards one another.
      2. Purpose 2: Learning some of the basics. While I am sure most, if not all, who are interested in this know the basics of the game and how matches should flow very few execute it well. We will take the time to make sure our Supports are rotating for the first set of Mid camps on time. Make sure the Jungle and the Mid are able to lend a hand. Making the correct calls of when you should attempt gold fury. Checking the available actives of the other team to see if you will be contested, as well as making sure you have the best actives for the game at the correct time (i.e. a Hand of God rank 3 in time for the the first Gold Fury attempts).

2. At the end of week two, I will ask everyone on each team write up a quick review of their fellow teammates (I know, homework sucks lol). The point of this is to learn as much as we can about each teammate. The review for each member doesn’t need to be more than 2-3 sentences.
      1. For these reviews I would like to read up on how well each one performed individually, as a team, and how their attitude was. Did they BM the whole time over the mic? Did they accept mistakes and move on and look to improve? Did they play the blame game?
      2. These reviews will help determine whether or not someone should remain on the team, if they are willing to help their teammates improve and improve along with them, or if they need to be replaced with a more team oriented player

3. After week 2 ends, and the reviews have been looked at the, teams will be solidified. At this point week over week, depending on how many teams we have, I will schedule multiple scrimmages for each team much like how the SPL is handled.
    4. I will spectate/review game vids and analyze it for areas of improvement as well as give kudo’s for plays I thought were exemplary.

I believe that with this formula and a dedicated group of players we can build some excellent teams and get everyone where they would like to be with this game.

How to Qualify
    Qualifying for the team is not too difficult. If you wish to be considered for this community you will need to meet the following requirements:

1. Dedication - This is by far the most important requirement. If you want to be a part of the competitive scene you have to be willing to put in the time and effort. The team is only as good as it’s members if if you aren’t willing to put in at least 20 hours a week of practice with your teammates (or on your own) you will hold the rest of the team back.
    2. Flexible/Open schedule - A very close second requirement. Being dedicated is great, but it won’t matter much if you do not have a work or personal schedule that will allow you be a reliable member and be at each practice.
      1. Practices/scrims schedule:
        1. Monday 6:30PM - 9:00PM PST
        2. Wednesday 6:30PM - 9:00PM PST
        3. Saturday 2:00PM - 6:00PM PST

3. Good/Healthy Attitude - Another very close requirement. Made 2 Game will not tolerate excessive BM/Salty behaviors. It is understandable that in the heat of the moment, emotions can run high, your blood can boil and you may get a bit salty, I am not a monster lol. However, if there are reports from fellow teammates that a player is constantly berating their fellow players, or showing disrespect to other players they will be removed.

I want to remind everyone that this is a video game. While it is competitive it is intended for fun and everyone playing is doing so voluntarily. Chances are if you are upset/salty at something, your teammates are as well. Keeping a calm head during those times make the difference between the good players and the great players. Accidents happen, DO NOT let it affect you or your gameplay excessively.

1. Knowledge of your Position and the current Meta - This is not something I can really verify with everyone, but it will become obvious after we begin scrims/practices. This is not a do or die situation where you have to know or else you are cut as it can be learned. However having at least a rudimentary building block knowledge base makes it easier to teach/learn the meta.

How to apply
    If being a part of this community sounds good to you, please send an email to made2gamesmite@gmail.com with the following information:

1. The role you wish to fill (Hunter, Support, Jungle etc)
    2. How long you have been playing
    3. Current Conquest League standing
    4. Link to your player profile on Tiermonster.com/Smite.guru
    5. Current Employer/Job type (seems odd, but want to make sure people have a job where their work schedule won’t fluctuate too much and can reliably make scrims/practices)

Please take solace in knowing that this information is strictly for me to learn about who is applying and you won’t be disqualified because of your answers. The only the exception is for the Job type as it can affect the entire team and leave them a man down.

The others are just for me to see how experienced you are, and how dedicated to the game/role you have been so far.

What to expect after you apply
    Once you have submitted your application it is time to wait. The application period will be between 2-3 weeks (depending on how quickly we get enough responses). I will review each submission as they come in and then make the final decision after the cut-off period.

Once the final decisions have been made I will attempt to reach out to everyone who applied (please give me time to get to everyone) and inform them on whether or not you have been selected as a member of this community. For those selected, there will also be an attachment that includes the in-game names of those who you have been paired up with for your team. Once that has been received, you will have the following week to get to know them as outlined “How this process will work” section and then to program will begin.
    Last edited by Rockshocka; 06-01-2015 at 12:36 PM.

Achievements:
    Woot almost there! Team invites are going on, still accepting applications for all positions except for Huntter/ADC. Willing to review those applications if you are okay with a back-up/substitute role, or if you are willing to be the start of our 3rd and 4th team.

Achievements:
    Looking to back-fill some positions. Need 1 solo to fill out Diamond+ team. Previous solo laner could not adapt to the current Solo meta with the use of Warriors and Guardians. Looking for a Diamond+ player who can work with the current meta.

Also looking at back-filling our Jungle position. We currently have a Masters jungler, who has informed us that he won't be able to be around much longer so we need someone to take his place when he parts.

Please reach out to either myself, or Gooiegui in game. Or email me at the made2gamesmite@gmail.com