Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Balancing Suggestions

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatblokezed View Post
    Freya

After seeing your coming changes to Freya, i will reserve judgment, but it looks as though you have fixed her issues.
    Freya was already OP before they buffed her, now she has warrior stats. I dont know, but it kinda seems like HiRez has been hitting the juice...
    Hercules

Mitigate Wounds

Healing back 90% of all the wounds back makes him a sustain monster without rival, especially with his escape. This needs toning back to closer to 50%. It is still useful at that point, but isn't insane.
    Yes, lets all ult him while his heal is up! That'll kill him!
    Hun Batz

Fear no Evil

Singularly the most obnoxious stun in the game, which is fine, but why does it deal damage? I know it isn't a lot of damage, but it is more than enough. I just don't understand why this deals damage at all, given the strength of this stun.
    It's not a stun. It is a rare form of CC known as "fear". Only two gods have it.
    And this is an ULT. Not a regular ability. That is why it deals damage.
    I'm curious to see what level you are...
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    While i concede that he is squishy, with any form of lifesteal that is corrected immediately.

Your other points though..:

Slow - Correct
    Low base movement speed - Saying the same thing as slow
    No mobility - That is almost the same thing.

Buy sprint, problems solved.
    Look at me while I buy sprint and kill you. Oh, and kill you while Sprint isn't up, too! Oh, and look as I CC you while you're sprinting away. MMMM YEAH, SPRINT SOLVES EVERY PROBLEM.
    Squishy - Correct
    Low protections - Same thing you already said
    Low base health - Same thing you already said

Short range abilities - Nonsense. His abilities reach as far as any other God. IF they are shorter, then it is rated by the mm, not by the ft.
    His 1 has a short range, and his 3 is a ground targeter, so it doesn't count.
    Difficult to confirm damage - Nonsense.
    You've never even played Anubis, have you?
    Wiggling mitigates damage - While true, any semi-competent Anubis can compensate for this by moving with them
    Okay, mister aimbot. Lets see you perfectly predict the every movement of every single player to ever grace the enemy team.
    Walking away will mitigate grasping hands - Wrong. It lasts a short period of time and deals its slows, meaning it will be over by the time you reach the edge, unless you dash or leap.
    Unless you're standing still, the likelyhood of him landing a direct hit is slim.
    As above, but locusts - Agreed. But you will notice that i only suggested patching this ability when it is combined with his others, not on it's own.
    So basically: This crap god is too strong in the only thing he's strong in, LETS NERF HIM!
    Easily dodged wrapping paper - Depends on the skill of the Anubis and his opponent. I didn't put wrapping paper down for any changes.
    Crowd control to avoid wrapping paper - Yes, which is why i didn't suggest it's changed.

Anubis needs boosting - Hell no. In the right hands, nobody can touch Anubis, in semi-competent hands he will destroy everyone, and although he isn't that fast and is a bit squishy, he takes combat blink and greater sprint, job done. He is a monster and can kill ANY guardian regardless of protections in an instant. Saying he needs a boost is crazy talk. If you trample on Anubis so thoroughly, then you are too Pro for me, or haven't played against any competent players.
    Excuse me while I look up your level...
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx
    You've played Anubis very little, and even though you sell him off as undoubtedly OP, you dont seem to do very well when you play him.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

New Member Cupidhead Thatblokezed's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Wow, you're super passive aggressive.

I would love to see you quote where i said i was any good with Anubis though; i was simply pointing out how quickly he can completely destroy anyone in an instant.. which is fucking stupid.

The vast majority of everything you have said thus far, has been a sideways comment based on something you must have misread, or are being deliberately belligerent.

The only thing you said that i am taking any notice of, was the cap you pointed out with his protection removal; this was something i wasn't aware of, the rest of it is subjective or off topic. See below for an example.

Subjective:

"Look at me while I buy sprint and kill you. Oh, and kill you while Sprint isn't up, too! Oh, and look as I CC you while you're sprinting away. MMMM YEAH, SPRINT SOLVES EVERY PROBLEM."

If, but, maybe.

Off topic:

"Excuse me while I look up your level..."

Irrelevant

Belligerent:

"It's not a stun. It is a rare form of CC known as "fear"."

You know full well what i meant, my point still stands.

Achievements:
    Wow, you're super passive aggressive.
    Comes with the job. You should see me play Skyrim, I'll kill a guard for mentioning that I'm a Khajiit.
    I would love to see you quote where i said i was any good with Anubis though; i was simply pointing out how quickly he can completely destroy anyone in an instant.. which is fucking stupid.
    Any mage can burst a target. Anubis does it slightly faster with the disadvantage of having to land his stun first. No stun? No damage.
    The vast majority of everything you have said thus far, has been a sideways comment based on something you must have misread, or are being deliberately belligerent.
    If you actually read them, it is me telling you why a pubstomp does not need to be nerfed.
    The only thing you said that i am taking any notice of, was the cap you pointed out with his protection removal; this was something i wasn't aware of, the rest of it is subjective or off topic. See below for an example.
    It shows your massive ignorance to the god (Anubis) at hand. You act like as soon as someone plays him, they're going 124-0 every time and completely wrecking the game. I don't know about you, but even though I'm a killer mage, (and not too shabby at N00bis, if ye know what I mean) I still don't do all that. You're trying to tell me I'm not competent?
    Subjective:

"Look at me while I buy sprint and kill you. Oh, and kill you while Sprint isn't up, too! Oh, and look as I CC you while you're sprinting away. MMMM YEAH, SPRINT SOLVES EVERY PROBLEM."

If, but, maybe.
    As someone who has actually fought sprint-happy foes, Sprint needs time to work it's magic. Combat blink, despite being much less usable, is a better choice than Sprint for a god like Anubis.
    Off topic:

"Excuse me while I look up your level..."

Irrelevant

Belligerent:

"It's not a stun. It is a rare form of CC known as "fear"."

You know full well what i meant, my point still stands.
    You still seem to think an ult needs to be weak by ability standards.
    Ooh, getting all defensive are we?
    Striking at me for disproving every single point you have put up, now, are we?
    Typical.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Freya was op in S1, but was super weak in S2. I've seen 1 Freya in leagues in s2 and a total of 3 in s2 casuals. There's a reason.

Ahh, back when I thought anubis was op. Those were the days.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    You can't really make out how strong or weak a god is based on how much you see him imo. This community can't think for itself, it only if ever copies what the pros are doing. It takes a pro to make the community realize how good or sometimes broken some gods/items are.

Mercury was considered being bottom tier before people figured out that he is a hyper carry. Then he got a slight nerf and people shunned him again. No one ever used Witch Blade, then the pros did it, people copied it and the Item got nerfed eventually. It works with Items as well.

People really need to start thinking for themselves.

There is also a point to be made for other game modes, but I know you, you do not care for anything but conquest, so I spare us this discussion.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Would that necessarily be better? People just tend to build on what the pros do and decide that hunters need to be removed as a class, for example, when told to think for themselves. Just get more people watching Glorious Smite, then more people would know the meta a month or two in advance, since the pros all just seem to pick up what he does on his channel.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Renoa's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    You can't really make out how strong or weak a god is based on how much you see him imo. This community can't think for itself, it only if ever copies what the pros are doing. It takes a pro to make the community realize how good or sometimes broken some gods/items are.

Mercury was considered being bottom tier before people figured out that he is a hyper carry. Then he got a slight nerf and people shunned him again. No one ever used Witch Blade, then the pros did it, people copied it and the Item got nerfed eventually. It works with Items as well.

People really need to start thinking for themselves.
    Nice one. But they never will, because that's how Smite community works. If casual player tries something new teammates will trash/bm that person 99% of the time, escpecially if he/she is not doing so well. I've already seen some topics here from "thinking people" who pointed out on team attitute towards any type of being original, people just don't like thinking anymore, it's all about following "meta" and using "top tier" gods.

I've tried to watch some "pro" players on youtube.... it's just disgusting watching most of them getting mad when they lose...because they never lose based on a skill level, they lose only because enemies had better or "op" gods. Right. Stupidity is real there that's for sure.