Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Balancing Suggestions

New Member Cupidhead Thatblokezed's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Balancing Suggestions

Foreword

I have been playing Smite for almost two years now; i love the game, and as a result, i have thrown a lot of money at it, because i feel that it deserves it. Having said that, there are some issues that i simply cannot ignore; balancing decisions that are utterly senseless and make the game very one sided.

Having said that, i would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to read this, and all considerations.

Ah Puch

Undead Surge

Reduce the slow applied to 30%, or scale it 10/20/30/40.

As it stands, if Ah Puch takes Gem of Isolation, this slow is practically a root that can be gained by level 6. Given the strength of this ability when combined with Corpse Explosion early game, this is a death sentence to many gods who lack leaps and dashes, making them a redundant choice.

Empty the Crypts

Any one of the following three would be acceptable.

Reduce the size of this.

I realise that this is awesome, it looks great and is great fun, but it is utterly broken in all game modes, with the exception of Conquest. During the group up phase, Ah Puch can, with a single ability, scatter the entire enemy team, leaving them open to death, especially when you take into consideration the:

Reduce the slow

The sheer size of this ability is enough to deny an entire enemy team a group up, scatter everyone and turn a loss into a win. While i don't see any problems with turning the tide of battle, i see a problem when it is so cheap. A five man group jumps onto Ah Puch and another God; he drops the Ult and that's it. Run really slowly away and scatter, or die. Which brings me to:

Reduce the damage

Give the size, the slow and then the damage, this ability is a joke. Were it not for the other two things, the damage wouldn't be an issue, but combined, it is simply too much.

Anubis

It took a great deal of time to balance this God, and a short period of time later, and you made him overpowered again. I don't know why you did this, but he is utterly unstoppable when in semi-competent hands.

Sorrow

Remove stripping away protections, or put a cap of 50 on this.

Stripping away the protections at it's current rate is laughable. The design choice on this was brain dead, no offense of course. Players already feel as though their protections are almost worthless when playing against any God that can execute them, and hunters that can auto attack them down dealing 700+ damage per 0.5 seconds on basic attacks.

Plague of Locusts

+40% of magic power?

Seriously? Anubis can go well into excess of 900 magic power. This is +40% per tick i might add. Scale it back. This is completely broken when combined with:

Grasping Hands

This deals slow, a large amount of damage per .5 seconds, an extra 35% magic power AND strips away protections. Come on, i know he is new and shiny, but please.

Death Gaze

Turn speed

It doesn't matter how fast you are, how quickly you can run around him, you can't get away from this without a dash or leap, which is impossible in most cases because Wrapping paper + Ground shit + laser beam/Death breath = every god in the game dead. Combine this with Shoes of focus and Chronos' pendent and you can do this every single time a God gets close, which will result in their deaths 85% of the time, unless they are lucky, but they won't get away without losing a massive chunk of HP at the very least.

Achievements:
    There will be more to follow, so please be patient.

Achievements:
    Ao Kuang

Start with more Protections

Ao is REALLY squishy, having his start with a little more protection at the start would be outstanding, and hopefully make him a nicer choice.

King of the Eastern Seas

Increase the damage of this ability, and stop it from being an execute. Executes are the cheapest, most filthy thing in Smite. It renders protections utterly useless, it brings peoples skill into question and makes certain items a waste of money. Bulwark of hope makes you extremely hardy and difficult to take down, except you need to be a low HP before it kicks in and it is completely bypassed, because jazz hands, that's why.

Apollo

If Apollo gains an advantage early, he snowballs, but if the game is balanced, or you are losing, Apollo is really weak. His abilities need to be MILDLY boosted across the board.

Artemis

Vengeful Assault

Scale this back 10% on all parts. By end game, when combined with the crit and other items that increase attack speed, this is just pig and win. I isn't quite overpowered, but it is a tiny bit too much. Scaling it back 10% would balance it.

Awillix

There is a reason she is hardly played. She is weak and squishy. This God needs a re-look and boosting.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I'm just going to throw this out there, but you're wrong about Anubis. He's slow, with low base movement speed, no mobility and two self roots, he's squishy, with low protections and base health and short ranges on all of his strongest abilities and his damage is very difficult to confirm, since wiggling will typically negate at least half of the damage from death gaze and walking away will negate all of the damage of grasping hands and plague of locusts. The only way for him to confirm his damage is a delayed, slow moving stun, which on top of being dodged very easily can be negated by crowd control immunity like any other crowd control, rendering the rest of his kit inert. Anubis not only isn’t unfair, he’s in need of some positive adjustments if Hi Rez was looking to make him viable.

Achievements:
    Freya

After seeing your coming changes to Freya, i will reserve judgment, but it looks as though you have fixed her issues.

Hercules

Mitigate Wounds

Healing back 90% of all the wounds back makes him a sustain monster without rival, especially with his escape. This needs toning back to closer to 50%. It is still useful at that point, but isn't insane.

Hun Batz

Fear no Evil

Singularly the most obnoxious stun in the game, which is fine, but why does it deal damage? I know it isn't a lot of damage, but it is more than enough. I just don't understand why this deals damage at all, given the strength of this stun.

Achievements:
    While i concede that he is squishy, with any form of lifesteal that is corrected immediately.

Your other points though..:

Slow - Correct
    Low base movement speed - Saying the same thing as slow
    No mobility - That is almost the same thing.

Buy sprint, problems solved.

Squishy - Correct
    Low protections - Same thing you already said
    Low base health - Same thing you already said

Short range abilities - Nonsense. His abilities reach as far as any other God. IF they are shorter, then it is rated by the mm, not by the ft.
    Difficult to confirm damage - Nonsense.
    Wiggling mitigates damage - While true, any semi-competent Anubis can compensate for this by moving with them

Walking away will mitigate grasping hands - Wrong. It lasts a short period of time and deals its slows, meaning it will be over by the time you reach the edge, unless you dash or leap.
    As above, but locusts - Agreed. But you will notice that i only suggested patching this ability when it is combined with his others, not on it's own.

Easily dodged wrapping paper - Depends on the skill of the Anubis and his opponent. I didn't put wrapping paper down for any changes.
    Crowd control to avoid wrapping paper - Yes, which is why i didn't suggest it's changed.

Anubis needs boosting - Hell no. In the right hands, nobody can touch Anubis, in semi-competent hands he will destroy everyone, and although he isn't that fast and is a bit squishy, he takes combat blink and greater sprint, job done. He is a monster and can kill ANY guardian regardless of protections in an instant. Saying he needs a boost is crazy talk. If you trample on Anubis so thoroughly, then you are too Pro for me, or haven't played against any competent players.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Grasping hands does not do exceptional damage, even for an ability with a slow.
    I know which direction I am juking away from your death gaze before you do, meaning you are following me with your death gaze. At point blank range, I can circle you and negate your damage completely – at long range I can step back and negate your damage completely. At mid-range, you will be able to keep death gaze on me about half the time, provided I am wiggling effectively. Plague of Locusts is a much stronger ability than death gaze unless the target is under crowd control, the target does not know how to juke, or you need the crowd control immunity.
    Anubis sees very little play in level 30, ranked and competitive games because, while he does a tonne of damage, it is very easy to negate and he is very easy to abuse, both in lane and in team fights. Worse still, most top tier mages hard counter him in lane, out pushing him if he tries to clear with just grasping hands and killing him if he tries to clear with plague of locusts. This is why Anubis, if adjusted, should be adjusted positively, rather than see a negative adjustment to any of his skills.

Achievements:
    Grasping hands combined with Anubis' passive is what makes it strong. You will note that i said it is too strong when combined with stripping away protections.

I can't speak to how often he is played in ranked matches, but he is certainly played a lot at level 30 tier, which is where i have been sitting for quite some time.

His abilities aren't as easy to mitigate as you imply, while i concede that they CAN be dodged, you will still lose a massive chunk of HP, which is what i said earlier. A skilled Anubis player can, literally, wipe out a guardian in 3 abilities, regardless of their protections.

Wrapping paper>Ground shit>laser beam.

This cannot be denied, even if you are capable of avoiding 50% of his attacks, that is still a massive chunk of your health gone and most of your protections too, which is simply too strong.

If his abilities are too strong, and can be avoided completely, as you say, then he needs a whole new set of abilities regardless. We both agree that he hits like a train on cocaine, we just disagree on how easily it is avoided, meaning that he needs fixing regardless of who is correct.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatblokezed View Post
    Foreword

I have been playing Smite for almost two years now; i love the game, and as a result, i have thrown a lot of money at it, because i feel that it deserves it. Having said that, there are some issues that i simply cannot ignore; balancing decisions that are utterly senseless and make the game very one sided.

Having said that, i would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to read this, and all considerations.

Ah Puch

Undead Surge

Reduce the slow applied to 30%, or scale it 10/20/30/40.

As it stands, if Ah Puch takes Gem of Isolation, this slow is practically a root that can be gained by level 6. Given the strength of this ability when combined with Corpse Explosion early game, this is a death sentence to many gods who lack leaps and dashes, making them a redundant choice.
    Acceptable.
    Empty the Crypts

Any one of the following three would be acceptable.

Reduce the size of this.

I realise that this is awesome, it looks great and is great fun, but it is utterly broken in all game modes, with the exception of Conquest. During the group up phase, Ah Puch can, with a single ability, scatter the entire enemy team, leaving them open to death, especially when you take into consideration the:
    No. The size is not "broken" it is an ability designed to either be his "OH SHIT" button (which every mage has) or a zoning ability.
    Reduce the slow

The sheer size of this ability is enough to deny an entire enemy team a group up, scatter everyone and turn a loss into a win. While i don't see any problems with turning the tide of battle, i see a problem when it is so cheap. A five man group jumps onto Ah Puch and another God; he drops the Ult and that's it. Run really slowly away and scatter, or die. Which brings me to:
    Unless you are hit by several wraiths, the slow is pathetic. It should be dropped to 5% minimum with the incoming duration nerf.
    Reduce the damage

Give the size, the slow and then the damage, this ability is a joke. Were it not for the other two things, the damage wouldn't be an issue, but combined, it is simply too much.
    It does 50 damage per tick, about as much as Poseidon's pool, and doesn't completely screw you over with a cripple and pull.
    Anubis

It took a great deal of time to balance this God, and a short period of time later, and you made him overpowered again. I don't know why you did this, but he is utterly unstoppable when in semi-competent hands.
    Anubis... Overpowered? Ufkinwotm8?
    Sorrow

Remove stripping away protections, or put a cap of 50 on this.
    I believe it has a cap of 21 on each person...
    Stripping away the protections at it's current rate is laughable. The design choice on this was brain dead, no offense of course. Players already feel as though their protections are almost worthless when playing against any God that can execute them, and hunters that can auto attack them down dealing 700+ damage per 0.5 seconds on basic attacks.
    So why do you need to nerf a god that relies on his stun to do ANYTHING? "Hunters that can auto attack them down dealing 700+ damage per 0.5 seconds on basic attacks" and you want to nerf N00bis?
    Plague of Locusts

+40% of magic power?

Seriously? Anubis can go well into excess of 900 magic power. This is +40% per tick i might add. Scale it back. This is completely broken when combined with:
    Anubis also puts himself in mortal danger using this.
    Grasping Hands

This deals slow, a large amount of damage per .5 seconds, an extra 35% magic power AND strips away protections. Come on, i know he is new and shiny, but please.
    Dude. Anubis is not a new god. He is one of the oldest gods in the game, and he hasn't been changed for quite some time.
    Death Gaze

Turn speed

It doesn't matter how fast you are, how quickly you can run around him, you can't get away from this without a dash or leap, which is impossible in most cases because Wrapping paper + Ground shit + laser beam/Death breath = every god in the game dead. Combine this with Shoes of focus and Chronos' pendent and you can do this every single time a God gets close, which will result in their deaths 85% of the time, unless they are lucky, but they won't get away without losing a massive chunk of HP at the very least.
    If he Wraps you, you deserve to die.
    I plan to analyze the rest of your "balances" in future posts, so please be patient.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatblokezed View Post
    Ao Kuang

Start with more Protections

Ao is REALLY squishy, having his start with a little more protection at the start would be outstanding, and hopefully make him a nicer choice.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No. I'm a rank 7 Ao and I know that giving him more protections is a bad idea.
    King of the Eastern Seas

Increase the damage of this ability, and stop it from being an execute. Executes are the cheapest, most filthy thing in Smite. It renders protections utterly useless, it brings peoples skill into question and makes certain items a waste of money. Bulwark of hope makes you extremely hardy and difficult to take down, except you need to be a low HP before it kicks in and it is completely bypassed, because jazz hands, that's why.
    Executes are also negated by Aegis, and Ao's is negated by any form of CC immunity or healing. Literally, even healing a tiny bit beyond your natural HP5 will cause him to let go, even if you dont heal above the threshold. His execute can stay as it is, his playstyle needs it.
    Apollo

If Apollo gains an advantage early, he snowballs, but if the game is balanced, or you are losing, Apollo is really weak. His abilities need to be MILDLY boosted across the board.
    HAHAHAHA No. Apollo is the strongest hunter in lategame, and arguably one of the mos powerful early. The only thing he lacks is ability clear, and EVERYONE forgets what S2 was changed to be: Basic-Attack clear.
    Artemis

Vengeful Assault

Scale this back 10% on all parts. By end game, when combined with the crit and other items that increase attack speed, this is just pig and win. I isn't quite overpowered, but it is a tiny bit too much. Scaling it back 10% would balance it.
    No, it is useless for waveclear and on a god who is already lacking damaging abilities.
    Awillix

There is a reason she is hardly played. She is weak and squishy. This God needs a re-look and boosting.
    No, Awilix is one of the strongest assassins in the game. Not the best (fkin Thor >_>) but one of them. She's only underplayed because, since she gets so many buffs, people think she sucks, and therefore she gets more buffs. She was amazing upon release, then they buff the crap out of her? Thats unbalance.
    Bro... Please...
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.