Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nox Redesign v.2

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Nox Redesign v.2

Okay, so I've been working on creating a rework for Nox to make her better, more synergistic, and more flavorful. I reviewed every stat in depth to ensure it would end up as balanced as anyone can without being able to play-test it. The results of my labor are below. The only parts of it that I'm unsure about is if I made her health pool too small, and what to do with her ultimate. I have offered two separate suggestions for her ultimate; one geared toward 1v1s and teamfights, and one more like a weaker version of Thanatos's ultimate. Comments in [] would not be included in the god info, but do describe the way that she would work. Please offer whatever feedback you can. Thanks for viewing.
    Also, if you want some music to set the mood. Here you go: https://youtu.be/FYyCbKZIkgc
    + Nox, Roman Godess of Night
    + Stats
    + Health: 345+68*Lvl
    + HP5: 6+0.45*Lvl
    + Magical Protection: 30+0*Lvl
    + Physical Protection: 10+3*Lvl
    + Mana: 295+57*Lvl
    + MP5: 5.5+0.45*Lvl
    + Movement Speed: 355+0*Lvl
    + Attack Speed: 1.0+0.01*Lvl
    + Attack Damage: 35+1.5*Lvl
    + Progression: None
    + Abilities
    + Flame of the Night (Passive)
    + Nox’s candles gather energy from all allied abilities used near her. For every ability cast by Nox or a nearby ally, a new candle is lit [Siphon Darkness does not light any candles]. Once all 4 are lit, Nox's next ability cast costs no mana, gains an additional effect, and all of her candles go out [Excluding Siphon Darkness]. Killing an enemy lights all of Nox's candles. Nox can apply a debuff to enemies called Shroud of Darkness which reduces their Magical Protection by 15. Targets already shrouded in darkness have its duration extended up to a maximum of 15 seconds or until their death.
    - Ability: Passive
    - Affects: Self
    - Range: 70
    + Nightfall Raven
    + Passive: Shroud of Darkness has an increased duration. Active: Nox launches a raven that spreads night along its path, dealing damage to all enemies in the area. If Shadow Barrier is active, it is consumed and enemies hit are blinded for 1 second. If the raven blows out her candles, enemies hit are disarmed.
    + Note: Projectile speed increased to be comparable to Ullr's Thrown Axe.
    - Ability: Line
    - Affects: Enemies
    - Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
    - Cooldown: 10s
    - Damage: 80/150/220/290/360+50%*MagPow
    - Disarm Duration: 2s
    - Shroud of Darkness Duration: 0.5s + 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5s per lvl
    + Shadow Barrier
    + Nox creates a barrier of night that forms a shield around her. A percentage of incoming damage is healed back. If the barrier is depleted by enemies it explodes outward, blinding enemies in range, shrouding them in darkness, and applying on-hit effects. Enemies remain blinded until no longer shrouded in darkness, for a maximum of 6 seconds. If the barrier puts out Nox's candles she gains increased movement speed.
    - Ability: Buff and Shield
    - Affects: Self and Enemies
    - Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
    - Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s
    - Shield Health: 100/175/250/325/400
    - Healing: 100/95/90/85/80% of damage received
    - Shield Duration: 2s
    - Shroud Range: 55
    - Movement Speed: 40%
    - Move Speed Duration: 1s
    + Siphon Darkness
    + When Nox toggles on this ability, her basic attacks become area of effect and deal bonus magical damage as she attempts to consume all darkness in the area. Additionally, her basic attacks apply Shroud of Darkness. Pressing the ability again cancels toggle. [Hits do not trigger Divine Ruin, Gem of Isolation, etc...]
    + Note: Please animate the new basics to look like Vulcan basics (with a line on the ground leading to the end) with the aoe animating like its current one, just smaller like Sylvanus basic attacks. Additionally, please let it go over walls like Sylvanus basic attacks.
    - Ability: Buff
    - Affects: Self
    - Cost: 8/10/12/14/16 per shot
    - Damage: 20/35/50/65/80+35%*MagPow
    + Night Terror
    + Passive: Nox gains MP5. Active: Nox launches her shadow forward dealing damage and slowing enemies hit. While under the effect of Night Terror, whenever an enemy activates an ability its damage before protections is dealt to back to them [even if they don't hit anyone]. If the terror puts out Nox's candles, enemies hit have their attack speed reduced and lifesteal negated.
    + Note: Cast time reduced to be comparable to Ah Muzen Cab's ultimate. Projectile speed changed to be equal to Chang'e's Waxing Moon.
    - Cost: 100
    - Cooldown: 90s
    - Damage: 100/175/250/325/400+60%*MagPow
    - Slow: 35%
    - Attack Speed Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
    - Duration: 3s
    - MP5: 3/6/9/12/15
    OR
    + Night Terror
    + Passive: Nox gains MP5. Active: Nox launches her shadow forward dealing true damage also crippling and slowing and enemies hit. While under the effect of Night Terror, whenever an enemy activates an ability they lose a percentage of their health in damage or are executed if they are below a health threshold. If the terror puts out Nox's candles, enemies hit are stunned and Night Terror activates as if each enemy had activated one ability.
    + Note: Cast time reduced to be comparable to Ah Muzen Cab's ultimate. Projectile speed changed to be equal to Chang'e's Waxing Moon.
    - Cost: 100
    - Cooldown: 90s
    - Initial True Damage: 10% of max HP
    - Percent HP Damage: 10/15/20/25/30%
    - Kill HP Threshold: 10/15/20/25/30%
    - Stun Duration: 1s
    - Slow: 35%
    - Duration: 3s
    - MP5: 3/6/9/12/15
    Last edited by democidist; 05-23-2015 at 02:34 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I feel like her early game might be a bit too good, since none of her secondary effects scale with the ability's level, meaning she gets the potency of level 5 abilities at level 1.
    Edit: I still don't like her ultimate. I feel like she needs something completely different, maybe something that synergizes with your new design as a basic attack mage.
    Last edited by HawkboyJr; 05-22-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Kit is bloated and overpowered really.

Don't even feel like pointing out stuff because it really is all over the place. Like some of the concepts though.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    I feel like her early game might be a bit too good, since none of her secondary effects scale with the ability's level, meaning she gets the potency of level 5 abilities at level 1.
    Edit: I still don't like her ultimate. I feel like she needs something completely different, maybe something that synergizes with your new design as a basic attack mage.
    I suppose you have a point with the extra effects. For the movement speed buff I really don't see it being a problem, but for the other two effects I should think about that further. I went with a 2s disarm because Bellona's disarm starts at 2s and Nox's current Silence was buffed to be 2s at all ranks, so I just figured that was an alright as that. Just overall my thought was that since for most of the game she'll only get these bonus effects rarely, and she can only get it on one ability per go around.
    The first of her listed ultimates should give her solid boxing potential if she put out her candles with it. I was in the mindset of keeping her relatively similar to her current design, which is why her ult hasn't changed flavors. Generally, what I was going for was to make her a good teamfighter and I think that the ults listed have that.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Kit is bloated and overpowered really.

Don't even feel like pointing out stuff because it really is all over the place. Like some of the concepts though.
    Would you mind pointing out what you think is so bloated about her? I know that I put a good amount of utility in her kit, but there are plenty of gods with more to offer. Her biggest weaknesses remain that she has no escape, but now she has even less health.

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    The passive

This is basicly her old passive with an added bonus. You basicly have Anhurs Passive, Nox old Passive and Fenrirs passive all cramped together in one. Nox old passive was stupid because in a teamfight, it was online pretty much all the time, making her mana management stupid. This won't be AS stupid since it only procs of allies and herself instead of all nearby gods, but still. I need to add that I did not mind her having such an easy mana game before, but apparently, other people and Hi Rez did, I assume there was a reasoning behind it and it won't likely come back.

The 1

One ability with two kinds of CC attached to it, a fairly low cooldown and a very high base damage.

The 2

This ability basicly increases your effective health by 720 every 14 seconds while having CC and a Sprint attached to it. Compare it to similiar abilities (Nemesis effective health 750, damage 250, 18 second cooldown, Odin 450 effective health every 15 seconds, divebomb potencial, Geb Shield, (not having the values in mind) + single CC cleanse). This ability basicly trumps them all in a way, and again, it just does too much for one ability. The passive you have given her is no restriction whatsoever in a teamfight.

The 3

I am pretty sure that Sylvanus can't shoot/aim through walls. I may be wrong about that though. This ability is basicly a carbon copy of Xbalanques branching bolas, even the manacost is the same, isn't it? Nox already would have one of the best lane clear abilities in the game with her 1 and that base damage, adding to that AOE basic attacks is a lot, especially if you supercharge them like you do in this example. This Skill isn't as bloated admittedly, but it is neither very new nor interesting, and it isn't really needed. To be honest, I also don't think that it fits Nox from a thematic point of view.

Ultimate 1

So basicly, you have a goddess that has passive penetration in her passive because why the fuck not? Then you give her an Ultimate that ignores protections as well.
    So basicly, you have a goddess that should never if ever have mana problems thanks to her passive because why the fuck not? Then you give her passive MP5 on her Ultimate as well.

With candles, it also reduces Atk Speed and Lifesteal, which basicly just adds to the bloat. Oh, and it also slows, how could I forgot. That is a lot of Utility for an Ultimate. The damage is also very high as well with that scaling and base damage.

Ultimate 2

Still MP5, nice.
    Percentage based True damage, now thats the stuff of legends. This Ultimate is a death sentence. No matter whether you use it with or without candles, the target is dead.

I mean, just let it roll of your tongue:

With all candles online, it is a flat and clean 40% cut from the enemy HP, a 1 second stun, a 3 second slow and cripple. If your enemy doesn't kill himself with two abilities now, you will outright murder him with your supercharged basics or something else. Good luck trying to escape since you are still crippled and slowed!

Use it without the candles and your enemy has 30% HP more wiggle room. Still more than enough to kill him.

Now imagine all that in a teamfight.

Junior Member Cupidhead Abbicus's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    The passive

This is basicly her old passive with an added bonus. You basicly have Anhurs Passive, Nox old Passive and Fenrirs passive all cramped together in one. Nox old passive was stupid because in a teamfight, it was online pretty much all the time, making her mana management stupid. This won't be AS stupid since it only procs of allies and herself instead of all nearby gods, but still. I need to add that I did not mind her having such an easy mana game before, but apparently, other people and Hi Rez did, I assume there was a reasoning behind it and it won't likely come back.

The 1

One ability with two kinds of CC attached to it, a fairly low cooldown and a very high base damage.

The 2

This ability basicly increases your effective health by 720 every 14 seconds while having CC and a Sprint attached to it. Compare it to similiar abilities (Nemesis effective health 750, damage 250, 18 second cooldown, Odin 450 effective health every 15 seconds, divebomb potencial, Geb Shield, (not having the values in mind) + single CC cleanse). This ability basicly trumps them all in a way, and again, it just does too much for one ability. The passive you have given her is no restriction whatsoever in a teamfight.

The 3

I am pretty sure that Sylvanus can't shoot/aim through walls. I may be wrong about that though. This ability is basicly a carbon copy of Xbalanques branching bolas, even the manacost is the same, isn't it? Nox already would have one of the best lane clear abilities in the game with her 1 and that base damage, adding to that AOE basic attacks is a lot, especially if you supercharge them like you do in this example. This Skill isn't as bloated admittedly, but it is neither very new nor interesting, and it isn't really needed. To be honest, I also don't think that it fits Nox from a thematic point of view.

Ultimate 1

So basicly, you have a goddess that has passive penetration in her passive because why the fuck not? Then you give her an Ultimate that ignores protections as well.
    So basicly, you have a goddess that should never if ever have mana problems thanks to her passive because why the fuck not? Then you give her passive MP5 on her Ultimate as well.

With candles, it also reduces Atk Speed and Lifesteal, which basicly just adds to the bloat. Oh, and it also slows, how could I forgot. That is a lot of Utility for an Ultimate. The damage is also very high as well with that scaling and base damage.

Ultimate 2

Still MP5, nice.
    Percentage based True damage, now thats the stuff of legends. This Ultimate is a death sentence. No matter whether you use it with or without candles, the target is dead.

I mean, just let it roll of your tongue:

With all candles online, it is a flat and clean 40% cut from the enemy HP, a 1 second stun, a 3 second slow and cripple. If your enemy doesn't kill himself with two abilities now, you will outright murder him with your supercharged basics or something else. Good luck trying to escape since you are still crippled and slowed!

Use it without the candles and your enemy has 30% HP more wiggle room. Still more than enough to kill him.

If there was a Like button, I'd press it. I like how you pointed out everything. But, I would like it if you were to give something more constructive. What would you do to improve Nox? Because I like the Idea of her, but she's just Too weak to do anything with low survivability.

Achievements:
    I think I should start by explaining the way the kit is designed to work. It basically revolves around her passive and shield. The shield helps her fragile escapeless frame survive a little easier by offering the opponent a choice, let Nox run away or be punished for attacking her. The entire point of Shroud of Darkness is to determine and extend the duration of the blind from her shield. Nox has a basic attack steroid to in order to grant her better control of which ability she casts for free from her passive. Additionally, I tried to give her poor scaling or a complete lack of scaling in some cases, to encourage a more utility build for her involving items such as Breastplate of Valor, Divine Ruin, Gem of Isolation, etc, which I would hope to end up core on her.
    + Flame of the Night (Passive)
    + The idea was to combine the flavor of Chaac and Fenrir's Passives since clearly her original design being roughly just Chaac's Passive, wasn't performing well enough. The reason why shroud of darkness applies a protection debuff is because Shroud only functions as a way to keep track of and extend the duration of the blind from her shield and without offering something else if the enemy isn't blinded I felt like it needed something more. Since everyone keeps complaining about a lack of penetration for mages, I thought that this would be a nice fit. Also, it's much worse than Anhur's passive, because his lasts for 3s throughout the game, whereas Nox's starts at a mere 0.5s and increases to 3s at max rank on her first ability.
    + I think the reason that they changed her passive was because it encouraged her to have bad positioning, which resulted in her getting poked out a lot during the laning phase. Personally the issue I had with it was that she had no direct control of her passive, which is fixed by my new version of it.
    + Nightfall Raven
    + Yes there are two forms of CC on it, but they are both conditional and neither is a hard CC. One of them requires you to remove your shield, which is a downside. The other will be active very rarely until late game team fights; It is a disarm because that's better than the counter-synergy she has now and could still be useful against hybrid opponents like Chronos, Posideon, Nu Wa, Serquet, Hun Batz etc... It has high base damage which is only slightly higher (though not nearly as safe as) Ra's Celestial Beam and is far weaker than Janus's Unstable Vortex which is also more safe than hers, but she has horrible scaling on it and as a result will still need her aoe basics to clear the wave even at max rank unless she builds a lot of power, but that would again be a bad idea because of the poor scaling. Trust me, I did the math.
    + Shadow Barrier
    + Just like Nemesis's Shield and Hercules's Heal, this ability was designed such that enemies do not attack you during it because it actually just makes things worse for them. As a result she effectively gets 400 HP for 2s. Would you attack someone knowing that it will cause you to be blinded for 6s and have numerous debuffs applied to you? The bonus effect was designed and I believe should effectively be the worst bonus of all of them meaning that people should try to put out her candles with her first ability or Ultimate. It lasts for a mere 1s and is only really useful for dodging abilities just as you would use Chang'e's passive.
    + Siphon Darkness
    + Sylvanus's basics go over walls, and I have gotten numerous kills because of that. The damage it provides is slightly less than Xbal's bolas, but yes it has the same mana cost. What it provides Nox is sustained damage, which is something that very few mages can offer and would give her a unique position in the game.
    + Night Terror Both
    + She has MP5 on her ultimate because based on my calculations, she would be far and away one of the most mana hungry gods in the game if I didn't either give her a huge mana pool or more MP5. I chose MP5 because it's more common and because I want her to not build full damage, and with a huge mana pool Book of Thoth would be insane on her and run counter to what I was going for. I did not give her enough MP5 for her to be all the way to my target mana hunger, instead she still needs a little but that's better than if I had made her completely mana sufficient. I chose to put her MP5 on her ultimate because then you cannot rush an ability to get MP5 early and have ridiculous early mana sustain. You may not have noticed, but I increased many of her mana costs to better reflect her increased damage. It's no secret that she tickles people as she stands now.
    I wanted her ultimate to be on par with nuke ultimates without being one. It is much more valuable to have instantaneous damage with a hard CC as many mages have, than it is to have a slow and cripple with conditional damage.
    Most players simply don't activate abilities during Nox's ultimate which makes it honestly quite weak, especially with the prominence of hunters who laugh at the crutches which we call abilities.
    + Night Terror 1
    + You made me lol here. There's a few things here, it doesn't hit for true damage, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. What I was trying to say with as few words as possible is that it is not damage reflection, the damage that an ability caster's ability would deal to one of any number of targets before accounting for that target's protections is dealt to that caster in addition to the target, using the casters protections. The conditional attack speed slow and lifesteal negation, is to make her ultimate not completely useless against basic-attack oriented gods. This version is strictly worse than Chang'e or Kukulkan ultimates just to name a couple.
    + Night Terror 2
    + Only the initial 10% is true damage, the rest has to go through protections and mitigations unless they're executed by it, meaning it will always be for less than 40% on the initial hit with candles lit unless you have some crazy penetration built. This is of course, far weaker than almost every mage ultimate in the game if you're equal level against every enemy except tanks. I forgot to change it so that they aren't slowed or crippled if they're stunned, none the less it would only be a 2s slow and cripple because they would overlap with the stun. Even so, a 2s slow and cripple is roughly equal utility to the semi-global nature of Thantos Ultimate, which this version is designed to mimic. Part of the idea was that I wanted someone to be able to completely execute themself from full health if they were so inclined, they would however have to have actually no protections though, so unless they've already taken damage or are somehow being hit for true damage they would have to blow their whole kit while under the effects of my ultimate in order to do so. Early game, this would easily be one of the weakest ultimates in the game hitting for only 10% at level 5 true damage or not is less than 100 damage against almost any enemy that early in the game.
    Last edited by democidist; 05-26-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbicus View Post
    If there was a Like button, I'd press it. I like how you pointed out everything. But, I would like it if you were to give something more constructive. What would you do to improve Nox? Because I like the Idea of her, but she's just Too weak to do anything with low survivability.
    Papa-Rodins-attempt-at-making-Nox-interesting-and-good

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kizarugr's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    You know that having an execution move is not so balanced as a mage...well of course there is Ao kuang,but Ao kuang is an assassin and we want a mage+I don't know how syphon darkness can help a mage if it is only for the basic attacks.

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    A rework was confirmed by Hi-Rez. She will probably be reworked after the ratoskr patch.