Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SRPG Brainstorm

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

SRPG Brainstorm

The map of Astra Mar

(Blue lines denote country seperation)

For now, ignore the artifacts. Here's a condensed version to help clarity.

Step 1: Choose a god
    Step 2: Create a character Profile
    Step 3: Incorporate God characteristics into your character
    Step 4: Choose magic and Skills (if any)
    Step 5: Email to me to approve and help flesh out
    Step 6: Join RPG.

1- When you die on Earth, you reincarnate into Astra and select a god. Astra Mar is an Island continent in Astra.
    2 - You retain all your memories from when you were on earth
    3 - Guns do not exist in Astia thanks to the Gods
    4 - A god can be a patron to multiple players (Meaning if you want to be zues, and someone else is zues, No problem.)
    5 - Some Gods are off limits (Gods that hate humans or other gods for example.)
    6 - Your characters Appearance, Personality, and Abilities are influenced by your god (If you pick Zues, you won't be able to do fire magic without an artifact.)
    7 - If you pick a nonhumanoid god, your character will also look like that god (For example, if you pick anhur or Bastet, you'll be a humanoid Cat.)
    8 - There are no language barriers. Everyone understands eachother.
    9 - There are multiple kingdoms in Astra, each one ruled by a famous leader from history (Augustus, Cyrus II, etc)
    10 - Historical and Mythological characters make appearances in the RPG (For example, Achilles, Gilgamesh, etc)
    11 - Players will never age beyond their Prime, but they can die from combat and wounds
    12 - There are Monsters to fight, thanks to evil humans on earth (So minotaurs, Basilisks, Dragons, ETC)
    13 - There is only one faction to join at the moment - Wanderer
    14 - Artifacts will be made later. Pay them no mind for now.
    15 - Every God Exists but Abrahamic Entities in Astra.
    16 - The DM can take control of your character in order to enrich the story, or remind you to stay in character
    17 - NPC's are characters that are in place to help drive the story. They cannot be killed until there is enough story to not need them.

World Lore

Heaven. Hell. The Afterlife. The Great void. All mortals on Earth heard of these terms, but few truly grasped the truth the gods allowed us to glimpse. Once our life on earth came to an end, we are reincarnated into this alternate plane, shaped and ruled by the gods. Astra. It is the homeland we are guided to in order to live out our second existence.

As we reincarnate into the world of Astra, our life is inspected. If we are deemed worthy, we are given the choice of selecting a deity to define us in this new world. We then surrender our physical form to our patron god, to be shaped and shifted as they please. They make us something more than human, but less than a god. We are transformed into Apostles, followers of the Gods. We gain supernatural powers, and immortality, but we lose some of our former selves in the process. Though I say immortal, I only mean it in the sense that our bodies never age beyond our prime. We can still become scarred, we can still lose limbs, and we can still die to a mortal wound.

Though the gods grant us powers, it is up to us to hone these skills... to prove our worth to our patron and be granted even more power. Most Apostles can only use rudimentary magic, though heroes who are devout and follow the tenants of our god are granted more power. These Apostles are capable of great magic and feats. To hear some of the lesser works of these men would make you think of a grand epic from Earth, but these facts are true. There exists Apostles capable of creating entire mountain ranges in the blink of an eye. To burn the grandest city down with a casual wave of the hand. There are even Apostles powerful enough to bring the dead back from the grave.

However, not all souls are given the choice of choosing a deity. If a soul has more sins than virtue from its time on earth, their bodies are given over to Chaos. When he embraces the tainted soul, its mind is splintered and their body is shifted to a monstrous form. These beasts stalk the land until death, ruled only by instinct. It is exceedingly rare for a mind to retain even a shell of its former self after it is ripped apart and shaped by Chaos. There are, however, legendary monsters roam our world that can still speak the human tongue. Be wary of an encounter with such a creature, for they are more dangerous than anything you are likely to encounter.

It makes one ponder... if this is the second plane of our existence, what happens after our death? Are we reincarnated upon Earth again to repeat this process? Or are we sent to yet another realm, to be morphed and shifted again? It makes this scribe sad, knowing we are still plagued with the exact same mysteries from the old world, even with an eternity to try and puzzle them out.
    - Scribe Helmdall

Our tale takes place in but a single instance on a single continent of Astra, in Astra Mar (Astra Märchen). The gods have gone silent for some reason, and the countries have been thrown into turmoil.

Interaction with and from the DM

The DM (Dungeon Master) Is responsible for creating a balanced and fun atmosphere. For now, it will be me (KingScuba) as the DM. I will sometimes use your character to enhance and drive the story, though I will in no way harm or be out of character when using your character. I will not do this at random, and I will try to PM you as a courtesy before doing so. Sometimes, I will take this action to help steer you back into your characters personality.

When choosing how your character is made, you must go through me in order to help balance your character and make sure that plots I plan for the future are not causing a conflict with your character.

For now, there will only be two factions, though the player may only join one, while I control the other to drive the story. As new factions are founded, you are allowed to join the faction. You are also more than welcome to try and create a faction, so long as I give it the OK, the faction will then be part of the official Lore.

I have a general idea where I want to go for now in terms of plot, so if I veto an idea of yours, it will probably be because of this fact. I will point out where these plot conflicts are, but I'll try not to spoil anything.

Interaction with gods

For starters, Abrahamic Entities will not be allowed in this RPG. God is 'omnipotent', and thus would cause either unbalance or simply piss people off. We will also only be going with Greek gods, and barring Roman gods from the plot. This is for the fact that Roman gods distanced themselves from humans and emotions, and became much more formal overall.

Gods are not limited to only one player. Choose the god you like. All characters need to go through the DM. Remember, gods impart part of ther personality into your character. If you choose a warlike god like Ares, you will be much more likely to enjoy battle, blood, and guts than if you were to choose a god like Athena.

Communication with NPC's and other factions

Apostles retain their memory and experience from their mortal life. However, the gods have seen fit to hardwire our brain to speak and understand any language when they molded us. For simplicity sake, we will only use English, and there will be no Language barriers in the continent.

Weapons and Combat

There is no existence of gun powder in this realm. The gods have stepped in and forcibly stopped this. They don't think people shooting each other is amusing. Only Archaic weapons and Magic are allowed here.

Magic is related to your mental strength. If you use too much magic, your brain will become fatigued. The same can be said for strength and swinging a sword. Gods who imbue you with Strength will leave you with less mental fortitude, while Gods who imbue you with Magic will leave you physically weaker.

I will leave it to you guys if you want to use a hard counter per action or if you want to control it by yourself (DM will step in occasionally and remind you that your character does get tired)

Artifacts and Items

Artifacts are items that carry a special effect. Below is a list of artifact powers. Supreme is the rarest, hardest to find power. Artifact powers above Stylish will not be available (If ever) in the RPG for quite a while.

Just to put it in perspective....

Champion level stats are what you would see end game.

Supreme level stats are what you would see after you beat the game again on expert, AND did that ungodly hard quest to unlock the thing.

Supreme
    Ascension - Players who have Ascension can ONLY be killed with an Artifact that has the God-Killer power.
    Artifact Destroyer - Grants the power to destroy other Artifacts. Rules state if both opposing Artifacts have this power, the one with the higher level will win. When an opposing lower level Artifact has the Artifact Destroyer ability and uses it against a higher level Artifact, the effect is negated. If both are the same level, both Artifacts will be destroyed.
    X Manipulation - The ability to control every aspect of the An element. For example, players with Earth Manipulation can rip apart ground and create Earthquakes.
    Dragon Caller - Shape your element into might dragons to do your will.
    Physical Exhaustion-Free - Player is no longer effected by Exhaustion.
    Mental Exhaustion-Free - Player is no longer effected by Mental Exhaustion.
    God-Killer- The ONLY power granted by an Artifact able to harm/kill one with Ascension.
    Growth Manipulation - The ability to control one's growth. To shrink or grow one's size.
    Intangibility - Ability to phase through solid matter & attacks without harm.
    Levitation - The power to suspend any objects against the force of Gravity.
    Transform - Ability to change one's appearance to any player and limbs into melee weapons.
    Mental Leech - The Armament feeds off the magic everytime the caster summons a spell. If not sustained, it will force the caster to randomly cast whatever spell the caster knows in an attempt to keep itself "alive". If denied even further, the caster will suffer an extremely fatal backlash, usually in the form of an mental overload or a frenzy of unconscious spell-casting on the user. Any attempts at removing it by the caster will trigger it.
    Natural Immunity - Total immunity over the Elements. (Fire, Water, etc..)
    Magic Immunity - Total immunity over the Magical Arts. (Spells and godly powers)
    Resurrection - Ability to resurrect others. Person can only be resurrected once; self resurrection is not possible.
    Self Regeneration - The power to regenerate ANY lost limb, or reassemble one’s body after fatal damage.
    Sever - The Artifact can cut through any material. CAN NOT destroy other Artifacts.
    Super Strength - Artifact grants the holder Super Strength.
    Telekinesis - Ability to manipulate and control objects with the mind. Telekinesis will cause Exhaustion.
    Kingship - The command of a kingdom is now yours!

Champion
    Shape Shifting - Artifact will conform to the users will, creating matter and destroying it as needed to create the ideal Weapon or Armor.
    Animal Communication - Ability to talk to Animals or Mythical Creatures
    Monster Summoning - The power to summon Monsters the user has tamed.
    Duplication - The Artifact grants the ability to create physical clones of themselves.
    Elemental Attack - Artifact changes users attack an Element. (Fire Elemental Attack will turn all attacks into fire attacks)
    Force Shield - Ability to generate a force shield ONLY around the holder.
    Force Shield Generation - Ability to generate a Force Shield to protect any object. Force Shielding will cause Exhaustion.
    Natural Resistance - Resistance against harm from the Natural Elements (Fire, Electricity, Ice).
    Recovery - Ability to heal any wounds on self. Cannot regenerate lost limbs, but can heal Internal or Fatal Damage (Excluding Heart and Brain damage)
    One-Shot, One Kill - Unless the enemy (Organic) is not protect by Rock Hide or Self Regeneration, the Artifact Holder can kill them in One-Shot. The effects of Immortality still apply/CAN NOT NEGATE IMMORTALITY.
    Precision Shooting - Artifact grants PERFECT AIM. Meaning shots will always hit.
    Reflection - Artifact can reflect back beams, lasers, and other energy attacks back at the source. (Effectiveness depends on Power Level, Higher attacks made by Artifacts are not reflected if the reflecting Artifact is a lower level)
    Rock-Hide - Holder can shrug off most physical attacks, negates attacks from Sharpened Artifacts, DOES NOT NEGATE ARMOR PIERCING.
    Shield Piercing - Attacks now can penetrate Force Shields.
    Shoot First - Holder will always shoot first. If two opposing artifacts have this power, the power is granted to the higher level artifact. If both artifacts are the same level, this power is negated for both of them.

Enchanted
    Animal Summoning - The power to summon Wild Animals of GunZ Lore
    Armor Piercing - Artifact grants armor piercing projectiles/weapons.
    Boneshifting - Ability to manipulate the bones in one's own body.
    Channeller - Artifact increases the holder's magic attacks. The higher the character's skill with magic, the more damage Channeller will increase. (Example: Channeller will work better with a mage who's more skilled with magic, then a soldier.)
    Escape - The Artifact grants the holder power to escape physical holds. Example: Bear Hugs.
    Healing - Ability to heal the wounds of others. Can not regenerate lost limbs or heal extreme amounts of damage.
    X Enchanted - Attacks now have X Damage. (For example, if something is Fire Enchated, it will deal extra Fire Damage)
    Invisibility - Holder can cloak with the Environment and can move undetected.
    Magic Resistance - Holder now has LIMITED Magic Resistance.
    Night Vision - Artifact enhances the Holder's vision in Darkness
    Sharpened - An Artifact with Sharpened allows it to cut weaker metal and other objects more easily.
    Teleportation - Ability to move from one place to another without occupying the space in between.
    Hammerspace - It's Hammer time. Hammerspace is an alternate dimension travelers have found to be ideal for storing various objects inside. They're quite rare however, usually found only in dungeons. ONLY PLAYERS AND MAIN NPC'S ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE ONE.
    Clarity : Artifacts with Clarity clear the holders mind when in use. It allows them to think clearly, or just relax.
    Incorruptible - Artifact can't be corrupted.

Stylish
    Bind - Artifact binds to holder. Binding prevents holder from trading Artifact with another. Artifacts with bind can only be obtain by killing the holder.
    Confusion - Holder will slowly lose control of themselves and attack others over time.
    Corruption - Artifact is Corrupted, and cannot use any powers.
    Exhaustion - Certain powers will have the after effects of Exhaustion. Exhaustion will force the holder to rest before any other action.
    Glow - Artifact glows in the dark.
    Glowy Eyes - The eyes of the holder will glow with a heavenly flare.
    Mojo - Artifact increases the possibility of the wearer getting Laid.
    Powerless - Certain Artifacts when corrupted will be rendered powerless, stripped of its powers. Powerless can be negated by reversing the effects of corruption. Once powerless, Artifacts can be destroyed WITHOUT the Artifact Destroyer power.
    Sentient - Artifact will interact with the Holder, verbally or mentally.
    Shell - Artifact can be used as ammo.
    Tainted - The appearance of the Artifact will decay. (Rust, cracks, scratches will appear) Tainted does not effect the Artifact's function.
    Body Temperature : Artifacts with Body Temperature will raise or lowers the body temperature to a comfortable level, effectively blocking out any elements outside for comfortable traveling.
    X (Number) - X Number of the same Artifacts exists.
    An example of an Artifact

Name : Hammerspace Pouch
    History : This magic little pouch is infused with the lost Hammerspace magic. It can hold your inventory quite nicely. They are few and far between, often found in dungeons.
    Powers : Hammerspace
    Default Holder : All Players
    Current Holder : All Players

Rules

1. SNPCs can not be killed until the RPG reaches 48 pages of posts. FNPCs can't be killed until 56 pages. They are VERY important, and thus can't be killed until the RPG has some storyline... WHILE SNPC can be killed off at ANYTIME.

NPC = Non Playable Character (Such as a Guild Leader)
    FNPC = Faction NPC (Such as a king)
    SNPC = Special NPC (Usually a plot device the DM introduces, I.E, a monster. Minor SNPC can also be a bartender)

2. NO GOD MODDING without an Artifact.

3. I maintain the power to strip ANY player of ANY Artifact if others feel that they are being abused. A vote will be decided for this action. I CAN VETO ANY VOTE.

4. No pissing around, stay on subject and be mindful of how you control other players characters.

5. Be creative and know at least a DECENT amount of grammar & spelling.

6. The goal of the RPG is to help or destroy your chosen gods.

7. Players are allowed to carry as much Artifacts as they can.

8. RPers are allowed 2 characters MAX. 3 is too much for all of us to handle. If Players insist that they need a 3rd character, see me a Character sheet and I will approve or reject it.

9. You must inform us that you are going away, as well as what you want us to do with your character. If your character is vital to the plot, we will assume control of your character and send them on their way. Most likely in a full body cast.

10. If you decide to join, please give us an active effort. Don't post 3 times then disappear forever.

11. NO ONE CAN MAKE FNPCs, SNPCs, or SNPCs UNLESS I AM CONSULTED!

12. NO ONE CAN CREATE AN ARTIFACT UNLESS I AM CONSULTED.

13. RULES ARE SET TO CHANGE ANY TIME. ONLY I CAN ADD OR CHANGE A RULE!

14. YOU MUST FOLLOW YOUR CHARACTER'S PERSONALITY. IF YOUR CHARACTER IS ANTI-SOCIAL, HE/SHE SHOULD NOT BE WORKING WITH OTHER PLAYERS SO EASILY; SOMETHING MUST CHANGE HIM TO DO OTHERWISE.

15. Please include a detailed post if it includes combat. If you can't, return and edit it.

16. Players will stay in character with no OOC talk in the official story post. an OOC (Out of Character) and Discussion thread will be provided

17. Players can trade Artifacts with other players, unless that Artifact has Bind. Players may NOT manually take Artifacts from NPCs unless I am consulted and give the ok. This rule doesn't apply for players who killed NPCs or players who steals from them when they are injured. Violation of this rule will have HARSH punishment.

18. Players can vote to ban other players from the RPG if they feel they are not following the rules. I maintain the power to VETO their vote.

19. Players can not obtain or use Orange Level Artifacts until 35 pages of posts. Red Level Artifacts can not be obtained or used until 55 pages.

20. All User granted Artifacts can only be Novice level for balance.

21. All inactive players with Artifacts will be stripped of them in one month of inactivity or by vote.

22. Player's character spells can not mirror or have the same effects as that of Artifact spells. I can VETO any character spell that I feel isn't balanced enough
    Name:
    Nickname: (If any)
    Age: (You must be between 21 and 30. Your body is forced into it's prime by the gods)
    Weight:
    Height:
    Eye Color:
    Hair Color:
    Force: (Neutral, Evil, Good, Lawful, ETC)
    Faction: Wanderer only. Factions will come via story.
    Apostle: (The god you have chosen to mold your character from)
    Element: Fire/Ice/Wind/Earth/Thunder/Water/Holy/Darkness
    History: (Your background, if any)
    Description: (You can describe or simply use an image)
    Favors : (What your character likes. Remember to use a few traits from your God)
    Hates : (What your character dislikes. Remember to use a few traits from your God)
    Personality: (Your Characters Personality. Remember to use a few traits from your God)
    Combat Skills: (Skills granted from prior experience or your god)
    Weapons:
    Magic (You are allowed 8 Slots for magic. L1 = 1 slot, L2 = 2 slots, L3 = 4 Slots
    Level 1 Magic - A Weaker skill that was granted from your god, very basic. Can be used 10 times a day If used w/o Mental Fatigue Free
    Level 2 Magic - A powerful skill that causes mental fatigue more than level 1 magic. Can be used 3 times a day If used w/o Mental Fatigue Free.
    Level 3 Magic - An "Ultimate". Only allowed to use once a day If used w/o Mental Fatigue Free.
    Level 4 Magic - Not allowed without an artifact containing . If used w/o Mental Fatigue Free, will cause instant unconsciousness
    Artifact:
    Current Location:

EXAMPLE CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Jason Pomfrey
    Nickname: The Silver Knight, Silverback
    Weight: 195
    Height: 6'1
    Eye Color: Gray
    Hair Color: Gray
    Force: Good
    Apostle: Zues
    Element: Thunder
    Faction : Cyrus II, Ostria
    History: James reincarnated into Astra when Rome conquered Greece. At the time, he was a warrior from Elis, but was slain in the Chraemonidio war. Upon entering Astra Mar, he pledged himself to Zues and become a knight for the country of Ostria, under the monarch Cyrus the II. While most people are in their prime in their twenties, Jason's prime is at the age of 35. This has earned him the nickname Old Silverback from his peers. He has remained under Cyrus for nearly 2000 years, becoming one of his foremost knights. Upon the silence of the gods, Cyrus sent Jason to find out the cause, and help settle the discord that has been sewn through the kingdom.
    Description:
    Favors : Battle, Jokes, His Knights,Cyrus II, His Family, Women
    Dislikes : Monsters, Bandits, Weaklings, Anarchy, Unlawful Behavior, Being called Old Man
    Personality: Fierce, Laidback, Not serious outside of battle, Cold and Calculating on the battlefield, Affectionate, Complacent
    Combat Skills: Sword and Shield Proficiency, Weak Lightning Resistance
    Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shield
    Magic :
    Electric Bolt - A bolt of lightning is shot through Jasons hand, shocking the target.
    Thunder Shield - A barrier of air swirls around Jason, deflecting minor blows and spells.
    Electric Blade - Jason directs lightning into his blade. Any contact with the blade sends Electricity into whatever it touches, shocking the victim.
    Rain of Lightning - Jason summons a thunderstorm, causing an outbreak of lightning that can be directed by Electric bolt.
    Artifact: None
    Current Location: Port Tern, Ostria

Just to show how you would incororpate your god, This color indicates traits of Zues
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-22-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    my reaction to this...

this stuff looks so complicated...
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    my reaction to this...

u just have to read it a couple times then your good. still reading it the 5th time
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    my reaction to this...

It's pretty easy. For now, ignore the artifacts. Here's a TLR version

1- When you die on Earth, you reincarnate into Astra and select a god. Astra Mar is an Island continent in Astra.
    2 - You retain all your memories from when you were on earth
    3 - Guns do not exist in Astia thanks to the Gods
    4 - A god can be a patron to multiple players (Meaning if you want to be zues, and someone else is zues, No problem.)
    5 - Some Gods are off limits (Gods that hate humans or other gods for example.)
    6 - Your characters Appearance, Personality, and Abilities are influenced by your god (If you pick Zues, you won't be able to do fire magic without an artifact.)
    7 - If you pick a nonhumanoid god, your character will also look like that god (For example, if you pick anhur or Bastet, you'll be a humanoid Cat.)
    8 - There are no language barriers. Everyone understands eachother.
    9 - There are multiple kingdoms in Astra, each one ruled by a famous leader from history (Augustus, Cyrus II, etc)
    10 - Historical and Mythological characters make appearances in the RPG (For example, Achilles, Gilgamesh, etc)
    11 - Players will never age beyond their Prime, but they can die from combat and wounds
    12 - There are Monsters to fight, thanks to evil humans on earth (So minotaurs, Basilisks, Dragons, ETC)
    13 - There is only one faction to join at the moment - Wanderer
    14 - Artifacts will be made later. Pay them no mind for now.
    15 - Every God Exists but Abrahamic Entities in Astra.
    16 - The DM can take control of your character in order to enrich the story, or remind you to stay in character
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-14-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    How will we advance the story ?
    Where will all this be posted ?
    I need some infromation on how this will go down.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    It's pretty easy. For now, ignore the artifacts.

yea i wish i could join it sounds fun realy : P but my english is terrible so i dont think it can work out
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Aww your skillz crapped on me XD
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldX View Post
    How will we advance the story ?
    Where will all this be posted ?
    I need some infromation on how this will go down.
    The story will happen in a thread. One post at a time. Think of this as a book made by many people posting little tidbits at a time. The plot will be advanced by the players. Much like a book, there will be an overall plot (For now, it's to find out why the gods have gone silent), and subplots and diversions that happen in between (For example, a robber comes out and steals our wallet. Our party must then go find the asshole and brain him). The plot will advance, and the story will come to life and progress fairly naturally from there.

Along the way, our universe will expand, and be brought to life. NPC's will be made, factions will come into existence, and so on. This is a sandbox story, and the players control how it plays out. The DM is there to enforce the rules and help keep things interesting and fair for all players.

Read a few pages of this and you'll understand what i'm talking about(this was the first of 3, the entire RPG creation spanned about 5 years in total) : http://www.gunzfactor.com/t69276-11.gzf

This thread is a brainstorm to get feedback an hammer out details before launching the actual story.

Rainbow, the only way to improve your english is practice. You seem to hold a decent command of it at the moment. So my advice is If it sounds fun just join and do it. It's not like we're going to judge you if you make a few grammar mistakes or word things weird.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-14-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    Alright, I read the whole OP, will take a look at your link later.
    Artifacts seem OP imo and a needless complication.
    We can have runes, gems, medallions etc that grant small advantages. And I mean small as in immunity from something, or a slight power up.
    To put it in perspective, they should be like dmg/mana/speed buffs.
    What I see is Artifacts controlling everything.
    We will also only be going with Greek gods, and barring Roman gods from the plot.
    if you pick anhur or Bastet, you'll be a humanoid Cat.
    Are we using Greek only or going to Egypt ?
    Again, for the sake of simplicity I suggest Greek only.

How many people are in this land ? Because millions have died, are there only certain chosen ones that come in Astra ?
    How much will gods interact with their demi gods (I will call us that,fits better) ?
    Are they dicks ? Are they caring and protecting ? Are they only doing this because they need us for something ?
    Define "the gods have gone silent"
    Will this be the main conflict ?
    Will demi gods join up to figjt something ?

Really, it will be hard to coordinate if you don't give us a general guidelines to go on.

I will wait for you to do the first post, but give me an idea of what the conflict actually is so I can build my character around it.

This feels like a combination of Naruto abilities (shadow clone,shield,shinra tensei,kamui, bone changing are all in here to mention a few) and Percy Jackson plot ( demi gods with gods that have become silent)
    It can be fun, but I think we should simplify it a bit.

Scuba, I don't mind the spoiling. You can give me some insight in PM.
    I wanna know who the bad guy is, what he intends to do and when he will be revealed.

Also, Desmion was really good at this I'll see if I can get him in here.

Edit: Also, Chaos.
    Hades is the god of the dead.
    Does he have anything to do with that or eill Hades be just the fair death god while Chaos will be the unstoppable force thats the true evil.
    Last edited by DonaldX; 05-14-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    [QUOTE=DonaldX;336119]Alright, I read the whole OP, will take a look at your link later.
    Artifacts seem OP imo and a needless complication. [quote]

They're plot devices, and will not be seen much until later.

We can have runes, gems, medallions etc that grant small advantages. And I mean small as in immunity from something, or a slight power up.
    To put it in perspective, they should be like dmg/mana/speed buffs.
    What I see is Artifacts controlling everything.
    Artifacts will not see anything above enchanted for a while. Your thought of runes, gems, medallions is actually the Artifact system... What you see above is a list of Artifact powers. See Hammerspace Pouch. example I provided

Are we using Greek only or going to Egypt ?
    Again, for the sake of simplicity I suggest Greek only.
    All gods EXCEPT Abrahamic and Roman. Hindu, Mayan, Shinto, etc. are all fair game. Like gods will generally be friendly towards like gods. So Ares and Zues will be friendly towards Indra (The hindu god of War and Thunderstorms) for example. If the god hasn't made an appearance in Smite, I will help balance it out, and that god will become official SRPG cannon for other players to use.

How many people are in this land ? Because millions have died, are there only certain chosen ones that come in Astra ?
    Astra Mar is a single Island continent that is about 20,350,000 sq. Miles. To give you a comparison, Africa is 11,677,239 square miles. There's about 1.5 Billion people on the continent, living in multiple climates.

Add to that, there's hundreds of other islands that are both bigger and smaller than Astra Mar. Astra is the world. Mar is the continent.

How much will gods interact with their demi gods (I will call us that,fits better) ?
    Are they dicks ? Are they caring and protecting ? Are they only doing this because they need us for something ?
    Define "the gods have gone silent"
    Apostles, Demigods. We'll put it to a vote and go from there, I care not. The gods are actually seen casually conversing with many of their favored Apostles. As gods, they're able to split themselves mutiple times and converse with multiple people. So The sudden disappearance of gods is a huge shock to the climate. The gods like their Apostles, and enjoy watching them mature as their champions.

Will this be the main conflict ?
    Will demi gods join up to figjt something ?
    The opening conflict is simply that the gods have stopped communication. The party is sent by the King of Ostia to investigate. The demi gos will eventually choose a cause they believe in and fight for it. I've pm'd you the rest of my bare bones.

Really, it will be hard to coordinate if you don't give us a general guidelines to go on.

I will wait for you to do the first post, but give me an idea of what the conflict actually is so I can build my character around it.
    Not really hard to coordinate. Everyone will start off in the same group, and we'll explore the plot from there.

This feels like a combination of Naruto abilities (shadow clone,shield,shinra tensei,kamui, bone changing are all in here to mention a few) and Percy Jackson plot ( demi gods with gods that have become silent)
    It can be fun, but I think we should simplify it a bit.
    As stated in the pm, just now noticed the parallel in the Percy jackson thing, but the Artifact power list has been around since like 2006 or so (I took it from my RPG and molded it to fit here, since it's actually a good system). Sure there's some powers that are similar, but seriously, naruto is a giant "Super power" kind of thing anywho lmao.

Edit: Also, Chaos.
    Hades is the god of the dead.
    Does he have anything to do with that or eill Hades be just the fair death god while Chaos will be the unstoppable force thats the true evil.
    Hades, Anubis, and other underworld gods are the main ones who help filter out the spirits and determine who's going where. Other than that, these gods act just as the rest of the gods do. Splitting themselves around and conversing with their favorite Apostles.

Chaos is simply a nonthinking entity. If you look at Lore, it's simply the Primordial Void. Souls are sent into Chaos because the sheer primordial forces shatter the mind and cause untold torment to the soul, which the gods use as punishment for the sins they commited in the old world. It also acts as a plot device to introduce monsters into the world.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-17-2015 at 12:04 AM.