Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Physical ethereal staff

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    The thread isn't "bring back anhk of the golem"
    it's "give us a physical ethereal staff". which would be way less strong than the ahnk.
    ahem:
    Sledge of Eitri
    2800 gold
    + 400 health
    + 10 penetration
    Passive: 2% of your maximum health is converted to physical power

first stupid example that came to my mind, but without attack speed doesn't seem so broken

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    That seems strong, but fair with its price. It'd be EXTREMELY powerful on Warriors with high base damage, particularly Herc.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascan7 View Post
    The thread isn't "bring back anhk of the golem"
    it's "give us a physical ethereal staff". which would be way less strong than the ahnk.
    ahem:
    Sledge of Eitri
    2800 gold
    + 400 health
    + 10 penetration
    Passive: 2% of your maximum health is converted to physical power

first stupid example that came to my mind, but without attack speed doesn't seem so broken
    That would actually be way too strong for the price point.
    Penetration is a premium stat and worth more than the power it would have if it was to be similar to Ethereal.

It would look more like this:

+15 physical power
    +600 health
    +300 mana
    Passive - 1% of maximum health is converted to physical power

Cost - 2700g

And basically no one would use it because it wouldn't have any protections, it would provide subpar power for the slot and 600 health without additional protections doesn't last that long.

Achievements:
    So you just presented a rework, then denied its usefulness.
    We're talking theoretically; make a theory that works. If that's too strong (10 pen is a lot), make it 5 pen for 2700.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    So you just presented a rework, then denied its usefulness.
    We're talking theoretically; make a theory that works. If that's too strong (10 pen is a lot), make it 5 pen for 2700.
    Sure, make an item that's too good for the price, it'll get used. That's not really theoretical.

Achievements:
    If you're going to suggest an item, try to suggest a viable iteration of the topic at hand, though. You just suggested one, then immediately claimed nobody would use it for fixable reasons. What stats and price do YOU think would be balanced on an item with a passive that uses the HP = Power function of Ethereal Staff for phys characters?

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Mark of the Golem
    2650 Gold
    300 HP
    40 Physical protections
    5% CDR

1% HP as Physical Power

At level 20, dependend on your Item choices, you should usually have around 2000-3000 HP, meaning that this Item would give you 20-30 Physical Power. Focus are HP and the passive of course, but I gave it a little something as extra to make it feel "less naked" if you know what I mean. I also just really wanted a good Item in the game that gives 5% Cooldown Reduction because I find myself with 35% CDR on some gods quite often and having an option to smoothly close that gap is just nice.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    I was under the impression they intentionally withheld 5% CDR because it would fit nicely into many builds, and they want the CDR mechanic to influence decisions. Though to be fair, if they do that, they should give more 15% CDR options, and Ancile is the ONLY 20% CDR item.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I don't know why there aren't any Items giving 5% CDR so far. I don't think there has ever been a statement from the developers regarding that topic. My personal opinion is that it is just one of the side effects of not having a lot of Items in this game.

Especially for magical Gods, Item Design is lacking.

Protective Gear is partly neutral, but a lot of interesting defensive Items is exclusivly to physicals.
    Physical classes have way more options when it comes to building Penetration.

Then there is CDR. Jotuns Wrath is an infinitly more useful Item compared to Chronos Pendant for roughly the same price. And that asside, Physicals still would have other options to get CDR that works good on/for them that magicals don't have access to or can't utlize as well.

A case could be made for Focus boots, but at the end of the day, they are sadly still much worse than Magis and Travelers Shoes, at least in my opinon.

If we would go and double the amount of Stage 3 Items in the game, a couple of them are bound to fill in the blanks in the current Item line up, 5% CDR being one of them.

I mean, we could make a game out of it. Lets check all the Items we found lacking atm for various reasons, add 5% CDR to them and see if we still find them as bad/useless/terrible. We most likely will, but still, a lot of fun to be had!

Witchblade lost a lot of its charme since the MS got removed from it with no compensation. What if it gave 5% CDR instead? It ain't much, but it sure beats nothing!

How about Dynasty Plate Helm? Asside from that Item clearly needing a Stage 3 Item, how about slapping some slight amount of CDR on it just because!

Shield or Regrowth already has some CDR on it, hasn't it? A pity.

Runic Shield, was one of my favorite Items before the (imo undeserved) nerf. Still, lets slap some 5% CDR on it for fun and kicks.

Magis Blessing lost a lot over the last couple of months. Still a good Item of course, but hey, 5% CDR as a replacement for that 30% CC Time Reduction it has lost.

Divine Ruin is way too weak stat wise imo, and you will struggle anyway because healers are just that strong. Since the Item wants you to use abilities, why not slap some 5% CDR on it as well?
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    I was under the impression they intentionally withheld 5% CDR because it would fit nicely into many builds, and they want the CDR mechanic to influence decisions. Though to be fair, if they do that, they should give more 15% CDR options, and Ancile is the ONLY 20% CDR item.
    Ancile got buffed from 15% to 20% CDR. IDK why tbh