Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    "A) Balance is PART of the problem, not the entire thing."

Balance in Conquest not in Arena/Assault/Joust 3v3/Joust 1v1

"B) Where are the stats coming from?"

www.smiterepo.com

"C) Godforbid that we make a game that's fun to play instead of catering to that 2% and ruining the game for everyone else. LoL went that route, and I sincerely hope that Hi-Rez realises that it's everyone, and not just the top 2%, that can be credited with SMITE's success. It's something you apparently still have to learn."

This game is focused on competition, on tournaments, on eSport not on giving a pleasure to casuals and that is a fact (over 120k $ for the winners of Opening Tournament its more then wining prices in Starcraft/Counter Strike tournaments). I told you once, stop playing YOURIMAGINATIONFAILGAME, download and play SMITE.

And the last thing - you are focused on playing as a Anubis (80% of your games) in Arena game mode (90% of your games) so you have no rights to talk about balance because this game is balanced in Conquest and from what Im seeing in League Conquest nobody have any problems with Nemesis, sad

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Without the other 98% smite would die, and didn't the majority of the prize fund come from people buying skins/voice packs etc?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If you will stop play a great game because one of gods seems OP to you and they dont want to nerf him well... you are a "low brain tier". Besides, there are many OP characters for casuals in LoL and still, LoL is the most popular MOBA game so your argument is invalid.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by necrokillaz View Post
    "A) Balance is PART of the problem, not the entire thing."

Balance in Conquest not in Arena/Assault/Joust 3v3/Joust 1v1

"B) Where are the stats coming from?"

www.smiterepo.com

"C) Godforbid that we make a game that's fun to play instead of catering to that 2% and ruining the game for everyone else. LoL went that route, and I sincerely hope that Hi-Rez realises that it's everyone, and not just the top 2%, that can be credited with SMITE's success. It's something you apparently still have to learn."

This game is focused on competition, on tournaments, on eSport not on giving a pleasure to casuals and that is a fact (over 120k $ for the winners of Opening Tournament its more then wining prices in Starcraft/Counter Strike tournaments). I told you once, stop playing YOURIMAGINATIONFAILGAME, download and play SMITE.

And the last thing - you are focused on playing as a Anubis (80% of your games) in Arena game mode (90% of your games) so you have no rights to talk about balance because this game is balanced in Conquest and from what Im seeing in League Conquest nobody have any problems with Nemesis, sad
    A) I was talking about design, as I have explained many times to you.

B) I saw that website. "Top 500 players"? That's not representative. Plus, what timespan? Since when? And even then, Nemesis is 13th most played and 11th most banned out of 51 gods, meaning she's actually high up according to SMITErepo.

C) First off, a 'game' that is focused on competition and not on being fun to play is not a game. That's a sport. LoL is an eSport and I loathe that game. SMITE's going to lose a ton of customers if they were to go for the sports route because its current playerbase was attracted based on SMITE actually being fun instead of overly competitive. The more competitive the game gets, the worse the community becomes, and the bigger a threat LoL will become. SMITE's a game, LoL's a sport, and as such they're not very comparable. But if SMITE becomes a sport as well, Hi-Rez will have to deal with the most played game as competition. Not a good idea.

Secondly, Arena and Conquest balance are interlinked. Arena represents the teamfight phase of Conquest, where laning is a secondary concern. In this head-to-head gamemode, you get to experience the lategame Conquest, and as such, yes, I do know quite a lot about balance. My balance perceptions fall in line with Hi-Rez in pretty much everything but Junglers. Characters like Thanatos and Ne Zha seem weaker to me than they are in Conquest because their kits revolve around jungling, which is not available in Arena. Every other balance change I have called and agreed with.

YOU on the other hand seem to be operating from a restricted 1v1 vision, which is a small fragment of the entire game. Conquest, Arena, Assault, Joust and now Siege, they ALL revolve around teamwork, NOT 1v1.

Achievements:
    The problems with Nemesis have been illustrated in situation plays. We (Because it's not 'me, me, me', but 'we, we, we'. You're ONE voice, all the others have long accepted Nemesis' broken design and imbalance) look at all the options that teams have to counterplay Nemesis. And in every situation, we find that she has insufficient counteraction. Either Nemesis wins, or her team wins. We also know she has no skill requirement, as her kit requires the least amount of aim in the entire game. Then when we look at her tactical requirement, we find that that is low as well. With dashes, a shield, free protections and the ability to diminish an enemy's damage output, she has a lot to sustain herself in the danger zone and has all the necessary means to dart in and out of it.

Compare this to Anubis, whose only sustain in the danger zone is magical lifesteal, which doesn't work for any of his abilities since they are all multi-target. And then he has one single-target stun to defend himself with. No mobility, no movespeed, no shield, just a few bonus resistances, tops. On top of that he has to tether himself to one location, making himself the perfect target for counterattacks. Additionally, if he doesn't have his ultimate, he's dependant on his 1, which is very much interruptible. Anubis has a lot of counterplay and has a sky-high tactical difficulty, even if his skill difficulty is very low (Still higher than Nemesis' though). Thus, it makes sense for Anubis to be a strong character. High risk, high reward.

We find that Nemesis breaks a lot of the rules of SMITE. She can One-Hit Condemn an enemy tank with an ability that is impossible to miss, and ranged. That is too low risk for too much reward. That ability cannot miss, at all, which conflicts with SMITE's "All skillshot" nature. There's other ultimates that cannot miss, but none of them are guaranteed to deliver full impact. Unlike Nemesis' ultimate. There is no counterplay to her. She's not sufficiently killable, and power and defenses you build can be shoved into her pockets instead of your own. She scales with her enemies, not with herself.

From a balance point of view, Nemesis is an obstacle. Balancing her is a nightmare, as she is either going to be too weak or too strong, with very little middle ground.

From a design point of view, Nemesis is a complete failure. She breaks the laws of the game, she sidelines both the Nemesis player and her enemies, she breaks with the high-risk, high-reward factor, in short, she is a disaster. She's detrimental to the game's overal enjoyability in her current form.

This is why everyone HATES Nemesis. She's no fun to play as and no fun to play against, AND she's very difficult to balance. This is why several of us are still lobbying for a rework. She needs to be redone as in her current state, she's simply not a viable concept.

Nemesis was a bad idea with a poor execution. This is why there are so many nerfs on her. This is why me and many others will continue to oppose her current incarnation.

This is why you are mistaken.
    Last edited by Limyc; 05-07-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Removed Deleted Content

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    She has another design as the other gods and differs from them.

This means it is a a good design concept!

I somehow get the feeling, that some people only want all gods to be exactly the same design because else it is "to imbalanced" for them.

When all gods only have either melee abilities, line skillshots, area around them, or area targeted abilitiesm this is boring.

Having some gods with targeted abilities brings new elements to the whole this makes it interesting!

So you cannot miss the ultimae? So what you also cannot miss Neiths ultimate.
    And Neiths ultimate can actually kill.

After this ultimate you still have to go to the target and kill it.

Achievements:
    She has another design as the other gods and differs from them.

This means it is a a good design concept!

I somehow get the feeling, that some people only want all gods to be exactly the same design because else it is "to imbalanced" for them.

When all gods only have either melee abilities, line skillshots, area around them, or area targeted abilitiesm this is boring.

Having some gods with targeted abilities brings new elements to the whole this makes it interesting!

So you cannot miss the ultimae? So what you also cannot miss Neiths ultimate.
    And Neiths ultimate can actually kill.

After this ultimate you still have to go to the target and kill it.
    There's some truth to what you say. We do want all god kits to be the same in one aspect: They have to respect the same laws. One of those is not having anything unmissable. Neith's ultimate can be bodyblocked and can thus miss its intended target. It allows for counterplay. Nemesis' ultimate does not. And then Neith's ultimate is significantly less dangerous because it is close to breaking that rule, so it's compensating for the fact that it alllllmost breaks the law.

Nemesis does not abide by any pre-defined laws of SMITE. The game's supposed to be skill-based, but that is not present in her kit. The game is supposed to reward you for doing well, and Nemesis instead punishes her enemies for doing well. The game does not allow any unmissable abilities, yet Nemesis has an unmissable, unblockable ability that doesn't even compensate for the fact that it cannot fail to carry out its intended use.

Use that thing on a tank and he's effectively dead. He can't tank anymore. And that on auto-aim?

Nemesis' ultimate is not an enrichment to the game. It's unique, but detrimental.

Having an auto-aim OHKO ability for an ultimate would also be unique. Wouldn't be a good addition though. Nor would an ability that permanently removes the user and his target from the game. Very unique. Very poor addition.
    Last edited by Limyc; 05-07-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Removed Deleted Content

Achievements:
    "Rules are there to be broken."

Thats what I learned from Magic.

Also a rule stating "all our abilities must be the same boring fashion, because some users think that is skill" is a stupid rule, and it only makes the abilities worse for bad players/ players with bad internet connection.

Also Nemesis ult does NOTHING unless you go after the target and hit it. So it is also missable, the same as Neiths "can be bodyblocked".

To predict movement is not the only skill.. In fact this is something which computers can a lot better then humans (Anubis bot as an example) do they now have more skill?

No to know when to use which ability on which target and how to follow up is also important.

Ne zhas ultimate removes the user and his target from the game for some time, and I think that is a pretty good design.

Thanatos's ultimte autokills (targets below 40%) and in high level play it is almost never missed, because it is easy to land.

It is also a good design.

I think even having a God which has auto aim on all abilities or at least on some abilities could be a good design if executed properly.

Nemesis is a Counter to Gods which have build high amounts of resistance, so what? There exist counters for everything.
    Other ultimates (almost) one shot squishies so what?

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post
    Also Nemesis ult does NOTHING unless you go after the target and hit it. So it is also missable, the same as Neiths "can be bodyblocked".
    I think you forgot she deals 50% of your health. I was hitted by a 700 (already mitigated) damage from her ultimate. And you can't even try to juke her ulti as she can't miss. :/

Achievements:
    But if she does not kill you afterwards it does not matter, I mean if she just does ult you and nothing more, it may deal a lot of damage, but then you just go to base or heal you with items/abilities and thats it.

Other ultimates can be used to kill players directly hers not even if she seas a 10% target running away she cannot kill it with the ultimate.