Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Main reason Nemesis ult should be a missable skill shot:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 917
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    -Idiocy-
    -
    As Kellanved33 has already explained, all other "Unmissable" abilities are either weak or wasteable. Nemesis' ultimate is always, always, ALWAYS relevant. You ALWAYS get the full potential out of it because the game does not allow you to get less. And it's one heck of an ultimate to get the full potential of.
    -
    "Why should a skill miss when it's not castable?"
    -
    Because that is the rule of SMITE. Without it, the entire game degrades itself to the level of League of Legends, where people use point and click instead of skillshots. This whole skill-based nature of the game makes it far, far more interesting, challenging and fun. Ever gone up against a full HP Neith while you're at 25%? You can win that here. Heck, playing He Bo, it's likely you'd win that. We can't allow exceptions of this magnitude. The only other unmissable abilities are ones that have little impact (Kiss on allies, Xbalanque ult, Athena ult Damage Reduction, Neith's ult). In case of Zeus' Detonate Charges, it requires skill to be able to use it. Not to mention the fact that it's STILL WASTEABLE. Geb's shield only works on people who can make use of it, who have the skill to be valuable.
    -
    As for the shield, your proposed "Countermeasures" push even more power into that shield. If someone has to hold back fighting her because she may maybe possibly perhaps use her shield, that means the shield is working without even being activated. That one second shield had a capacity of -infinity-, and that is why it was dead wrong to allow that in the game. It scaled higher than even Anubis' death gaze does and allowed her to facetank an entire enemy team and survive it. Retribution didn't make her a warrior, it gave her the properties of a tank. The nerf was completely justified and there's still poor players whining about it being 'unfair'. Have the balls to admit that she was overpowered, have the balls to admit that she's still poor design right now, please.
    Last edited by Firellius; 05-04-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kellanved33's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoroco View Post
    I want to read this, but I want to organize it even more.
    Well there is a lot here that is just so utterly wrong and stupid but there will be plenty of others to tell you that so I'll start off with going over the concept of skill shots and the few offensive abilities in this game that are, technically, unmissable, hence the topic of the thread.

Let's start with Zeus's Detonate Charge. Technically this ability cannot miss, but it's pretty easy to say why it is not anywhere near the ballpark of unfair that is Nemesis's ult and that is because he has to actually hit enemies with his other abilities or AA's for it to actually hit them and unless he's managed to hit them three times it's just damage, even if they have three charges it is only a one second stun.

Next, Neith's ult. It immobilizes her and prevents her from taking any other action, takes a little while to charge up, doesn't do a whole lot of damage as far as ultimates go and doesn't carry very heavy cc or secondary effects. All of this on top of the fact that it can by body blocked, again, doesn't put this anywhere near the same category of broken that is Nemesis's ultimate.

And finally Athena's ultimate. Target an ally, they gain percentage damage reduction for the charge up duration then she teleports to them dealing damage in a relatively small area around them to any enemies that happen to be nearby. Like the others there are a couple of reasons why this ability is far more balanced than Nemesis's ultimate. Firstly, the ally can still die in the charge up time, wasting her cooldown entirely and with no real payoff. Secondly, it provides plenty of time for enemies to get their distance from her target before she lands on top of them, even if she ults in on another initiator. Thirdly, there is no cc or other secondary effects, just a short period of damage mitigation for her ally and damage in a short area around them at the end of the charge up. Fourthly, like Neith's ult she is immobilized for the duration, she cannot take any other action while it charges. In effect, even though these abilities are, technically, unmissable, they carry with them easy ways to avoid them and they're just not as impressive as far as a lot of other offensive abilities go.

Nemesis's ultimate, however, cannot miss. There is no way to avoid it other than just running away wholesale, then she just ultis someone else. Her primary target is, obviously, the enemy tank. Let's go over two scenarios shall we?

Scenario A, tank stays in the fight, gets ulted, takes heavy damage, is slowed substantially, and has his/her protections not only cut in half but STOLEN. He/she becomes very easy to deal with and can no longer perform his/her role in the team fight, effectively eliminating one of the enemy team members with one ability that cannot be countered, dodged, or avoided and the biggest kicker is that this ulti scales up depending on how well the ENEMY is doing. The stronger the tank is, the more protection he/she has, the stronger nemesis becomes when she ults said tank, no ability should do this, ever. This scenario is already very dire, giving Nemesis a substantial amount of survivability on top of her shield and allowing her to slaughter the back line with impunity, but this is still less dire than the other scenario.

Scenario B, the tank does the only thing that can avoid the ulti, books it in the other direction and leaves the team fight. This is even worse because now Nemesis can just ult someone else and allow her and her team to slaughter the rest of the team with even greater ease than before.

Running away is NOT a viable alternative if it is a 1v1 fight. She can easily buy all the same actives as you such as sprint and blink and she comes with a double dash a wide and very easy to hit aoe slow. There is no target that she cannot stick to in a 1v1 situation unless they have a stealth or flight ability and even then, unless they're close to their base, she can still predict their movements and/or keep pace very well.

Nemesis is a broken god with a very poor design that never should have been a part of the game, not the way she was and not even the way she still is. Your pathetic whining just goes to show that since you can no longer face dive an entire enemy team, do your job, and walk back out just fine, you think she has somehow become entirely unplayable while in reality she is still THE strongest god in the game, even on top of a few others that are too strong.

(There, happy now you picky wanker? ^_^)

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    It really seems like some of you dont really get the point at all.
    Missing a Skill means that actually the player who uses it is missing it.The only thing you have to do in Athenas case is clicking on the Ally you want to jump to...thats it its not missable not even literally.

In fact Athenas ulti can be canceled by killing the target of her ulti.

Now to Zeus.
    Its true that he have to hit you with another skill to use its thunder but it dont change the fact that the thunder cant be dodged.Its just clicking the button and you instand hit "anyone" with the thunder buff. The thunder skill dont even have a range cap where it can hit .

Now again her dash.True she can dash a long distance. But Thor does this to with the difference that he can cross walls with it. She can dash a little bit more of a distance but cant cross walls with it. Fair trade.

Now to the main point of missing with Nemesis ulti.
    You guys still have to think about it that she cant use her ulti otherwise like other Gods can.The only think she can do is hitting a target. Apollo,Loki,Thor,Tyr,Thanatos etc are able to use it for escape aswell as for attacking. And most of them cant be Slowed or stuned while using ulti.And i will say it again you still can stun and slow her while she is in her ulti.(Yes Kellanved you even can run after you got hit and not just before)

So Nemesis maybe cant miss but she cant escape with it and she dont get immunity to CC. You guys are complainig on the wrong end of the game.

Now to her skill set like tacoroco said.(The only one imo who at least understand a bit)
    True she dont have the set to be a Full Bruiser but its still useable. And its true she can go jungle but who would want at the current point a Nemesis in the Jungle? Loki,Arachne,Fenrir,Thor,Thanatos etc are a far more better choice than her.So why should i pick Nemesis there?

And Kellanved your scenario is just a joke.
    1.)In a 1v1 you just slow/stun her or just jump away= Ulti hard wasted.
    2.)In team fight there is much more CC than in a 1on1 and much more AoE than in a 1on1.

For me you just sound like the typical League of Legends Wood Division 5 Player who just switched to SMITE and is trying his luck there.

Achievements:
    For me you just sound like the typical League of Legends Wood Division 5 Player who just switched to SMITE and is trying his luck there.
    This coming from the guy who wants to leave skillshots OUT of the game. We're all asking for the game to be MORE skillbased and HARDER, you're fighting for it to be easier, and you call us the wood division players coming to SMITE to try their luck?

Bitch please, I've been playing this game since beta. There's no excuse for Nemesis' ult to be missable. And no, having it to nothing else if it hits nothing is no excuse, otherwise the Kraken, Spirit Tempest, Crush, Pillar of Agony and Rain of Fire (Amongst others) would ALSO have to be unmissable.

Also, stun + slow does NOT get you in the clear after Nemesis has ulted you. Remember, she gets your movespeed, so she moves faster while you move slower, for far longer than you can keep her stunned. And that's only Nemesis, the rest of her team is still free to murder you now that 50% of your health and protections are gone. There's no way to stop it or prevent it. That ultimate, for what it does, might as well be a OHKO versus tanks, because it renders them unable to do their job for five seconds. FIVE SECONDS.

And that monstrosity of game design should not be allowed to miss? Oh you poor thing, how horrible that your broken ultimate could go on cooldown without hitting anyone. Clearly you're the only one, and Scylla, Poseidon, Agni, Ares, Hades and many other gods have NEVER had their ultimates go on cooldown without doing anything.

Every single time someone jumps to the defense of Nemesis, they showcase a complete lack of understanding of the game, often coupled with sheer idiocy...

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Sorry Firelilius but i really hope your post was meant to be a joke.

Youre comparing Nemesis Ulti with the Ulti of Nukes? Without even caring about the whole skill set at all? Lets say just this. Nukes can miss Yes thats true,but the area of the Nukes is much much bigger and in most of the case covers a whole lane.

Also its like someone sayd before it wont make any difference! Even if her ulti is able to miss....it wont unless youre a complete idiot or blind and dead. Her ulti dont have a delay its an instand cast so it wont miss if you have aimed a God.

And youre really dont get it at all do you? I am not against it that you want her Ulti to be missable. I am against it that Hi-Rez nerfes her even more because idiots like you wish for it. She got to much nerfed already and you want her to be a God that needs Skill? First she need complete rework after this.

Thats why i said before you compare her....you should think about to what. Just because you got bashed by a bunch of Nemesis players dont means youre right you know And i am also playing since beta so its no status between you and me

Achievements:
    Sorry Firelilius but i really hope your post was meant to be a joke.

Youre comparing Nemesis Ulti with the Ulti of Nukes? Without even caring about the whole skill set at all? Lets say just this. Nukes can miss Yes thats true,but the area of the Nukes is much much bigger and in most of the case covers a whole lane.

Also its like someone sayd before it wont make any difference! Even if her ulti is able to miss....it wont unless youre a complete idiot or blind and dead. Her ulti dont have a delay its an instand cast so it wont miss if you have aimed a God.

And youre really dont get it at all do you? I am not against it that you want her Ulti to be missable. I am against it that Hi-Rez nerfes her even more because idiots like you wish for it. She got to much nerfed already and you want her to be a God that needs Skill? First she need complete rework after this.

Thats why i said before you compare her....you should think about to what. Just because you got bashed by a bunch of Nemesis players dont means youre right you know And i am also playing since beta so its no status between you and me
    That's some pretty amazing hypocricy right there! To start with you trying to defend your playtime as if I'd attacked you on it, while you were the one who threw out the ad hominem, and then furthermore, you going back and eating your words.

Why should a Skill miss when its not castable? She cant use her Ulti other ways and has no options to do so like Loki does.
    How is this NOT a plea against having her ult be missable? We all understand that with the instantaneous nature of the ability, it won't make much of a difference, but it will make SOME, even if the change is more symbolic than actually impactful. Once you realise there's NO excuse, NO defense for it being unmissable, you jump ship and say that you're not against it! You completely ignore all skill sets of all champions you mention (Most egregious transgression: Your mention of Zeus) and when I put up a counter-argument, suddenly the rest of the skillset is important?

Even if it is (Which it wasn't two posts back, somehow?) Nemesis only comes off worse, not better, because NONE of her abilities are hard to use or hard to land. Which means an unmissable ultimate is just the cherry on the easy-mode-cake.

On top of that, Nemesis needs either a rework or a harsh nerf. Her design is still horrible on her ult and passive, so that needs to be fixed. Her ultimate should not scale four times over with enemy stats. The -50% protections is tantamount to a OHKO on a tank, on top of making Nemesis extra durable and extra speedy.

Nemesis in her current form is a blemish on SMITE. She needs to be removed, either by nerfing her out of viability, reworking her, or scrapping her entirely.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kellanved33's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    That's some pretty amazing hypocricy right there! To start with you trying to defend your playtime as if I'd attacked you on it, while you were the one who threw out the ad hominem, and then furthermore, you going back and eating your words.

How is this NOT a plea against having her ult be missable? We all understand that with the instantaneous nature of the ability, it won't make much of a difference, but it will make SOME, even if the change is more symbolic than actually impactful. Once you realise there's NO excuse, NO defense for it being unmissable, you jump ship and say that you're not against it! You completely ignore all skill sets of all champions you mention (Most egregious transgression: Your mention of Zeus) and when I put up a counter-argument, suddenly the rest of the skillset is important?

Even if it is (Which it wasn't two posts back, somehow?) Nemesis only comes off worse, not better, because NONE of her abilities are hard to use or hard to land. Which means an unmissable ultimate is just the cherry on the easy-mode-cake.

On top of that, Nemesis needs either a rework or a harsh nerf. Her design is still horrible on her ult and passive, so that needs to be fixed. Her ultimate should not scale four times over with enemy stats. The -50% protections is tantamount to a OHKO on a tank, on top of making Nemesis extra durable and extra speedy.

Nemesis in her current form is a blemish on SMITE. She needs to be removed, either by nerfing her out of viability, reworking her, or scrapping her entirely.
    Personally I'm for having her removed or just made entirely worthless (something that would take a lot of work in her current state). Her players and supporters do not deserve a viable Nemesis, they're a bunch of League players latching onto an op and low skill cap god (seriously, the only 'skillshots' are a wide cone and a dash) and mindlessly defending her indefensibly poor design.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'm still waiting for an actual reason for her ult to not be capable of missing.

"Oh, but if she misses she doesn't get the benefits, so it should always hit!" isn't a valid reason. If I fire off my ult as Ra, He Bo, Chaac, Ymir, or just about any other god, I get no benefit and it goes on cooldown. Not so with Nemesis. The game literally does not let you cast it unless you're going to get the benefit from it.

The only other two ults that require a target are Neith and Athena, and both of those can be wasted. Athena's target can die, putting her ult on cooldown and leaving her where she was (and had been sitting for the last 4.5 seconds doing nothing), and Neith's arrow can be body-blocked. Hers also requires her to go into sniper-mode and be helpless while she's aiming, so using it in combat is tricky at best. Not to mention you have to wait about 2 seconds to get the full benefit from it.

Nemesis's ult is instant, does a ton of damage, gives her huge buffs, and debuffs her target significantly. It needs to be able to miss, to make her more skill-based than point-and-click. If she mis-clicks? Well, yep, you wasted your ult. Just like everyone else.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Dont waste your time guyz... they are blind, low skilled players and they rage-complain about her. There is one counter to all what they saying about her - she is never being banned in Leagues, nobody played her in Tournaments, there is no a single Twitch streamer who is playing her, I never met her in pre-made. Why? Because experienced players know she is useless and very easy to counter and this all guyz complaining about her up here have only their fake imagination of her.

Its sad that casuals are in the most
    Mayby this 2% of "Masters" from League will change fate of this game, because its become to easy and I see no more chellenge here.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by necrokillaz View Post
    Dont waste your time guyz... they are blind, low skilled players and they rage-complain about her. There is one counter to all what they saying about her - she is never being banned in Leagues, nobody played her in Tournaments, there is no a single Twitch streamer who is playing her, I never met her in pre-made. Why? Because experienced players know she is useless and very easy to counter and this all guyz complaining about her up here have only their fake imagination of her.

Its sad that casuals are in the most
    Mayby this 2% of "Masters" from League will change fate of this game, because its become to easy and I see no more chellenge here.
    A) Balance is PART of the problem, not the entire thing.
    B) Where are the stats coming from?
    C) Godforbid that we make a game that's fun to play instead of catering to that 2% and ruining the game for everyone else. LoL went that route, and I sincerely hope that Hi-Rez realises that it's everyone, and not just the top 2%, that can be credited with SMITE's success. It's something you apparently still have to learn.