Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Several Smite Suggestions - Revised Ed.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Several Smite Suggestions - Revised Ed.

Intro:
    This post is intended for and directed to the people of Hi-Rez Studios as a carefully worded list of suggestions for the game Smite. Not to cause offense but just to be clear, if I say that something needs a change I mean it, and likewise if I say something would be nice to see I clearly don't think that it's a necessary change but still one worth implementing. I waited a long time before posting this to ensure that all of these recommendations were worth including. Followed by most suggestions is my reasoning behind it. If you feel that something is a no-brainer, feel free to skip past the explanation. If you disagree with my reasoning, bring it up in a reply post. That's what forums are for. For the most part, I believe that these are suggestions that you just might not have thought of during development, but would still be improvements to the game as a whole. This post is a greatly updated version of its predecessor, hence "Revised Ed." in its title. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    General:
    + Please update the website and game descriptions of gods on patch days for gods that have seen changes.
    + Please make a page on the Smite website or a YouTube video that explains the exact effects of the numerous types of CC in the game. I have a general understanding of most of them, but when I started it would've been really helpful.
    + I know I'm not the one who would really like to see Arena League, please make that happen. Thanks. :D
    + I might actually be alone on this, but 3v3 Joust League would make me super happy in ways you can't even imagine. I love 3v3 Joust and it's easily my best mode, so please do me a solid on this one and make it happen. :D
    + All the purchasable skins have subtitles, why don't the default skins just adopt the subtitle of their respective gods? Ex: Ullr's default skin subtitled, "The Glorious One".
    + Please include skins that have been discontinued, such as convention skins and the like, in chests after some delay, I would suggest six months. This will ensure that there aren't any wasted resources in the game download because all skins will be able to be acquired and played for as long as the game remains online.
    + Whenever there is a rotation, it would be nice to see all the new gods since the last rotation included. This trial period could serve as encouragement to buy the new gods when players find out they like one or more.
    + On patch day the MOTD should be a 5v5 arena match of only that god, so that players can try it out. If rotation did not happen that patch, allow free use of that god only for that mode. (The Bacchus-Only MOTD was super fun.)
    + I would like to suggest that the some of the free gods which are included with new accounts be changed in order to better reflect their class as a whole. Namely, I would like to see Chaac and Loki displace Guan Yu and Thor. Additionally, switching out Neith for Rama could be a good idea as well. If you switched the guardian this would also make the starters represent the pantheons in the game a little better. (I approve of Ymir's teaching ability though.) (This should not affect existing accounts.)
    + I would like to suggest that on April Fool's Day as a prank on the players of Smite you make it so that Purification Beads will allow players to move when they would otherwise be unable. For example, activating beads would allow the gods Anubis, Hades, and Ymir to move during their ultimates. Serquet would be free of her root from her three, and other gods would gain the same kind of benefit, where applicable. Obviously you wouldn't want to leave this in place for more than a day, but it would be a really hilarious day.
    General Gameplay:
    + I would like to see the matchmaker account for players' history of disconnects both partial and whole (treating them differently), where it would tend to match deserters with one another. For an example of this system reference the game Urban Rivals.
    - This will serve as an effective long-term reward for not deserting matches.
    + Assault needs to either prevent re-roll of the designated team healer, or re-roll them within a limited pool of only healers.
    - This will prevent many assault games from being ruined by impaired decision making.
    + I have noticed that the swap gods option is very inconsistent in Assault mode and I would like to see it changed to always be available with all teammates with the possible exception given to a trade with a player that has already been rejected.
    - There have been matches I've gotten into where I would be happy playing literally every other god on my team except the one I was given, but I wasn't allowed to trade.
    + Please reset the cooldowns of all non-ultimate abilities for a god upon their death.
    - Early game cooldowns are much longer than respawn timers. Having quicker access to, particularly movement, abilities after death will allow players to return to combat more quickly. This would be hard to abuse, and helpful to the average player.
    + Please adjust the game so that abilities may be prepped even while CC'd. (Using the default casting method.)
    - If I were really Thor I wouldn't have to draw a line on the ground that's invisible to all other beings in existence in order to throw my hammer at someone. It's really irritating to have to re-prep an ability just because I got CC'd 0.01s before I could cast it.
    + Roots should grant immunity to knockup and knockback.
    - This will add a greater strategic element to the game while benefiting gods which utilize self-imposed roots such as Anubis, Cabraken, Neith, Serquet, etc...
    (I realize those aren't all actual roots, but you get the idea.)
    + Roots should automatically apply a cripple.
    - It seems like the idea of a root is that prevents movement, but without a cripple it can readily be escaped which seems counter-intuitive.
    + Silences should only prevent the activation of abilities, not interrupt them.
    - Why should Agni's noxious fumes and Poseidon's whirlpool be unaffected by silence while Isis's wing gust and Cabraken's tremors get canceled by it.
    + Instead of refunding the cost of abilities cast while in the fountain, abilities should be cast for free (no mana consumption) instead.
    - The premise for refunding the abilities is fine, but it often doesn't work when using a leap out of the fountain and as a result you do not get refunded the mana most of the time. Changing it so that abilities are cast for free instead will fix this minor issue.
    + For Season 2 a change was made that, "Jungle camps and minions will no longer target each other, allowing minions to return to lane quicker."
    - I liked luring enemy minions into jungle camps to deal damage for me. It was a fun mechanic to exploit. Additionally, now enemy minions chase gods for far too great a distance, sometimes most of the way across the map even.
    + Healing needs to get the attack speed treatment, meaning that anti-healing effects should not stack.
    - Many of the healers in the game heavily rely on their heals in order to win fights, and without their heals become nearly useless often times.
    + The new objective steal achievement should also count Wild Siege Juggernauts in addition to the Fire Giant and Gold Fury.
    - Siege may not be as popular as Conquest, but an objective steal is an objective steal, and fights work the same around the Siege Juggernaut as they do around the Fire Giant and Gold Fury.
    Gods:
    + Ah Puch
    + Empty the Crypts needs to have its maximum number of slow stacks decreased from 8 to 5 stacks.
    - It has the potential to become an obscene slow, especially if Ah Puch combines it with Undead Surge. There's no reason he needs such a potent slow, and it is the only thing that makes him just a wee bit too strong.
    + Ao Kuang
    + It would be nice if Water Illusion only granted 4s of invisibility instead of 5s.
    - I see too many people waste the damaging part of this ability, and having shorter invisibility should act as encouragement to use it. I've played him a lot and there's no reason you ever need 5s, usually you can get out of dodge in 2-3s.
    + Dragon Call needs to have its duration decreased, I would recommend down to 6s.
    - It lasts well above the average duration, and is nigh-unjukable due to how forgiving it is due to that duration. At a duration of 6s, it would be on par with Bakasura, Loki, and Ullr's attack buff abilities, as well as still be easily utilized with his attack speed especially once he gets further into his build.
    + Arachne
    + Her passive should have its potency reduced.
    - I understand that the intention of her new passive was to make her more competitive, but I believe that it has made her damage output far too high if her prey is even a little low on health.
    + I would really like to see the reintroduction of one of her old abilities to her kit which I believe was named Leech Life (this was the ability which she leaped onto a target dealing damage and healing herself for the duration). I would suggest making room for this addition by merging her first and second abilities.
    - Leech Life was a really irritating ability to deal with and that can only be good for her adoption into competitive play if it is given back to her.
    + Ares
    + No Escape should get the Kumbhakarna treatment such that it deals initial damage upon hitting players, then again upon pulling them. I would like to see the initial damage work identically to one level lower of Shackles than the ultimate, but obviously not apply a cripple or slow.
    - Getting some up front damage would help Ares get a little more damage out. Being an ultimate and all, it should be able to deal some damage.
    + Bacchus
    + I would like to see Chug's Drunk-O-Meter's percentages changed to the following: 30/35/40/45/50%
    - With this change, he would maintain similar benefits from low levels on this ability, but will have a stronger motivation to add more points to it.
    + Please change Belch of the Gods so that instead of a stun at the end of the belch, the ability slows for 0.5s after three ticks while animating a stumble to the ground, and if the enemy player is hit by a fourth tick they are stunned (and have fallen to the ground).
    - It feels awkward that such a soft visual effect causes a stun, and a slow into a stun would feel more realistic (not to say that realism is the goal of Smite).
    + Bellona
    + Master of War should be changed to, instead of wearing off after 4s should end after Bellona is 'out of combat'. Additionally, her first through third abilities should be tied into her passive such that losing your passive causes you to lose your weapon.
    - I think that most of the nerfs that were introduced to her were well-deserved, but I feel that the change made to the duration of her passive was unnecessary. Also, implementing this change will make the game's code more efficient if done right.
    + Master of War should include an effect that activating your first, second, or third abilities will cleanse you of disarm effects and allow her to basic attack again.
    - How are we supposed to believe she is a weapons master if she has such butterfingers that she can't keep a hold of her own weapons? Also, I expect that more disarms will be added to the game and when they do, it would be great to see that she at least had this much pre-emptive thought put into her.
    + It would be nice to see Shield Bash's slow reduced from 30% to 25%.
    - This would make it on-par with other non-mage slows in the game. And would help bring Bellona into a more acceptable level.
    + Shield Bash should have its damage reflection effect removed.
    - Given that Bellona can already outright avoid most basic attack damage all together, there's no reason she needs damage reflection to add insult to injury.
    + Shield Bash should gain a stack per god hit, not enemy god hit, and have no maximum stacks.
    - Realistically, as it stands now, she will usually not get more than one or two stacks from this ability, limiting its effectiveness. If she also got stacks from allies, she will more often get two or three stacks instead. Having a maximum is unnecessary as the probability of getting even five stacks is very low, and if you by some miracle managed to get nine stacks, you deserve to block at least that many basics.
    + Bludgeon should have its base spin damage decreased from 30/60/90/120/150 to 20/40/60/80/100, to bring her down a notch.
    + Bludgeon needs to have its base damage reduced, particularly for the slam, from 70/130/190/250/310 to 50/100/150/200/250 at the very least.
    + Bludgeon should either have its Slam Damage Increase reduced to 20%, or be changed so that the increase is per additional enemy god hit so that you do not receive the boost unless hitting more than one target. Additionally, it should cap at 60% as not to be too strong.
    - This explanation is for the above three suggestions. Right now Bludgeon is above and beyond ability damage for any class; implementing the changes I have suggested above will bring it between Ra's Celestial Beam and Hercules's Driving Strike before accounting for bonus damage. This may not be enough, but I believe implementing these changes would be a step in the right direction.
    + You might want to consider reducing the duration of Scourge's Disarm from 3s to 2s.
    - Almost no abilities in the game have CC's that last longer than 2s, I understand that it lasts for 3s because in many situations that only translates to three basic attacks, but it still feels a little long, and I believe that this change would fix that.
    + Scourge should have its healing reverted to what it was at release but have its healing effect have a cooldown added to it (that is unaffected by CDR). I have done the math to determine the optimal cooldown for the effect based on varying attack speed itemization, as follows:
    + Effect cooldown of 1.9s for 25% attack speed.
    + Effect cooldown of 1.85s for 30% attack speed.
    + Effect cooldown of 1.7s for 40% attack speed.
    - This will help encourage people to build more warrior-like builds on her, instead of just a ton of attack speed, while still retaining a solid level of healing. (I still have the formula if you would like to see it.)
    + Eagle's Rally should have a magical power buff added to it.
    - I know it's a strong ability as it is, but there's no reason that it should discriminate against friendly magical teammates by neglecting to give them a power buff in conjunction with your physical teammates.
    + Cabraken
    - Note: While I am suggesting changes to most of the abilities in his kit, don't get intimidated they're fairly minor adjustments.
    + Please slightly decrease the attack speed buff for Seismic Crush.
    - With this ability's recent buff it feels a little goofy, here we have this big lumbering guardian swinging huge heavy shield at speeds that would even make Flash jealous. While I approve of an increase in attack speed for the ability, it seems a little excessive as it currently stands. I used him on release, and it really wasn't horrible to start with.
    + Seismic Crush should really have its cooldown length reduced, preferably to about 14s.
    - As Cabraken's primary initiation ability and escape, it really needs to have a shorter cooldown. An incredibly lengthy 18s cooldown can be devastating when you need an ability for escape and you have to wait another 8s or so before you can use it and you're in the middle of combat.
    + Refraction Shield needs to be changed so that it has Protections Per Stack of 3/4/5/6/7, max 5 stacks, but in exchange doesn't lose those stacks unless he activates Refraction Shield or dies.
    - Right now he loses all stacks after a measly six seconds and severely hinders his ability to effectively utilize its protections or his stun consistently.
    + Tectonic Shift would, in my opinion, be better as narrow a cone attack leading up to the beginning of the shield, capped off with a semi-circle for damage within the shield.
    - This teardrop-like shape seems more logical for this ability and would make it easier to land on close targets. Additionally, it would look better.
    + I'd really appreciate it if you also added a slight increase to Tectonic Shift's range, probably something along the line of five units.
    - You'd be amazed at how many times this minor adjustment would be all it takes to entrap an enemy for follow up.
    + Chaac
    + I would like to see Storm call changed such that it is less contingent upon Thunder Strike. Meaning that the bonus damage is reduced in favor of more guaranteed damage from casting the ability by itself.
    - Chaac is a pretty solid god, but unless Thunder Strike is in range, his ultimate tickles instead of hurts. Seeing as how it's an ultimate ability, that just doesn't seem right.
    + Chang'e
    + Waxing Moon should apply a short single-bob camera shake upon impact. Not such that it affects your aim, just the camera angle slightly for a fraction of a second.
    - It can be very hard to tell that you've been hit by Chang'e's Ultimate in the middle of a teamfight due to how difficult it can be to spot its animation, adding a camera shake to the impact would make it easier to tell you've been hit by it.
    + Chronos
    + Wheel of Time should be changed so that Wheel of Time always provides a benefit, even when not stopped, or at least a fraction of it.
    - Currently, his passive is nothing more than an extension of Accelerate, and as a passive it should really provide some kind of passive benefit instead of being the determinate of an active one.
    + Fenrir
    + Seething Howl should grant immunity to cripples for its duration.
    - While I understand that it's important for a god to have counters the degree to which cripples hinder this god, is such a hard counter that he becomes waste of space on a team rather than a valuable member of it.
    + Freya
    + She needs to have her overall damage potential reduced.
    - I would like to suggest the following experiment to achieve this goal:
    Have Loki and Freya fight each other, both only allowed to use their first and second abilities in conjunction with their basic attacks. Repeat this, making changes to Freya's various damage forms (base basic and ability damages) between each fight. You will know when you have adjusted Freya properly when the fights are consistently determined by solely by who lands the first hit and who lands more attacks during the fight.
    + Guan Yu
    + I would like to see Painless adjusted to the following:
    Guan Yu gains force of will as he takes damage. Each instance of damage he receives grants him a stack of pain. Stacks increase his healing and health regeneration by up to 2x after 20 hits (-2 every 5 levels), but loses all stacks after 6s or after activating his Conviction ability [also loses them on death].
    - If it were changed as such, Guan would keep the general flavor of his current passive, and in most situations it would work the same, but he would have greater lane sustain and would be able to abuse allied heals.
    + Hel
    + Please do an art revision for Hel's damage form.
    - This doesn't have to be a complete revision. My main complaint is that her hair looks plastic-y like Zeus' old art. I also wouldn't mind seeing visual adjustments to her loin flaps, as they look a little too jagged, maybe just a change to have the design on them sewn onto a flaps more in-line with her healing form.
    + Cleanse should have one or more additional effects. Possibly a silence to make her healing form a little more aggressive, or the ability to cleanse debuffs.
    - While I recognize that cleansing CC is powerful, often you're not going to be in a position to use it to assist your teammates and with its short duration of immunity, it's very difficult to use it to keep yourself CC-free. I believe that adding silence or some other effect to the area will make it more utilitarian. It could remove CC from your teammate while silencing a warrior or assassin trying to kill them. Additionally, it would give players more of a reason to actually use healing form for more than a couple seconds to heal occasionally.
    + Switch Stances should be immune to all forms of CC, and therefore be able to be activated anytime it's not on cooldown.
    - This would make her on par with other gods in her ability to respond after the CC has worn off.
    + Hercules
    + Between the length of his CC chain and his shear damage, relative to his tankiness and compared with other warriors he is well above the average to the point of being overpowered. Particularly his abilities Driving Strike and Earthbreaker need to see a damage reduction of some kind.
    - He can easily single-handedly dominate a game with little effort or fear of death and a damage reduction could readily fix this.
    + Driving Strike should have the condition returned to it that, "If Hercules's health is at 50% or below, the strike also stuns enemies" or reduce the stun duration to be similar to Zhong Qui's mini-stun.
    - Hercules's CC chain is just too much, and is the reason that he is the warrior by which all others are compared. Reducing the utility that his dash provides could finally bring him into a truly balanced position.
    + Mitigate Wounds should be changed to the following:
    + When Hercules activates this ability, he regains health for 4s [8 ticks]. This heal is increased based on a percentage of his missing health [calculated at cast time].
    - Ability: Buff
    - Affects: Self
    - Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
    - Cooldown: 10s
    - Healing: 6/9/12/15/18 (+3% of your Physical Power) every 0.5s [Rounded up to the nearest 1 (Ex: 3% of 1 power < 1, but will return 1)]
    - Heal Increase: 25% per 10% of missing health
    - With this change Hercules's heal will, at worst be on par with Tyr heal and at best be on par with Zhong Qui heal, but most importantly will be capped so that it can't get out of control like his current heal can.
    + The hit-box on Excavate is deceptively large. Either the size of the boulder needs to be increased to better represent its hit-box, or the hit-box needs to be shrunk.
    - I believe that this is just a bug, but is nonetheless potentially a balance change, so I've included it.
    + Medusa
    + Lacerate needs its fraction of a second root listed in its description.
    - There are a lot of people going on about how she has a stun or something, but they don't know what on her dash and then complain about it. Having watched the patch notes for Medusa I know it's a fractional root, please list that in her description.
    + Petrify should have its slow reduced from 50% to 35% at all ranks.
    - 50% is such an excessive slow, it might as well be a stun. A 35% slow is still more than enough to do what the ability needs to, but isn't so ridiculous.
    + Mercury
    + I'm not exactly sure what the cause is, but his burst is too strong. I believe the cause is just sheer damage being too high, particularly his basic attack damage combined with Maximum Velocity. I hope that you will look into this and find an amiable medium.
    + Ne Zha
    + Immortal Spirit should only lose half its stacks on death rather than all of them, just like Heartseeker.
    - Especially given how much HP5 is on a lot of items now, even at max stacks Ne Zha isn't getting that much health regeneration. It takes so long to get that many stacks the least we can do for him is to let him keep some stacks.
    + Nemesis
    + It would be nice if she were immune to blind effects.
    - She is supposedly already blind, so it just doesn't make sense for her to be affected by such effects.
    + Nox
    + I have realized that there are enough changes I would like to see to Nox to justify a redesign so I have made a separate post and linked to it below.
    - http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...x-Redesign-v-2
    + Nu Wa
    + Mysterious Fog should move at an equal speed to Nu Wa after having applied its movement speed buff.
    - This ability moves just a bit slower than Nu Wa at all stages of the game and as a result makes her have to move more slowly in order to take full advantage of its stealth. Fixing this would be a nice quality of life improvement for her.
    + Odin
    + Odin should have an attack speed closer to that of Osiris so that once he's used his Bird Bomb, he has some follow-up damage.
    - His problem right now isn't that he isn't strong enough it's that he can really only has damage from that one move and then has to hope his basics are enough to finish them.
    + Raven Shout should be able to be detonated early. In order for this to be fair, I think that you could just make him lose the 25% bonus damage on having it full if he does detonate it early.
    - This would help his push and give him acceptable clear when his leap is on cooldown. Additionally, it would be a lot less obvious when an Odin wants to clear the wave with this ability.
    + Gungnir's Might should apply a cripple if used inside of Odin's Ring of Spears.
    - This change would give Odin a much-needed CC to maximize his usefulness, and not being a part of his ultimate should keep it in relative balance.
    + Ring of Spears needs to grant immunity to Sylvanus' Nature's Grasp specifically.
    - This is a problem because it's inconsistent, Odin can be pulled out of his ring by Nature's Grasp, but enemies in the ring can't pulled out of the ring even by an allied Ares Ultimate, instead they are pulled to the closest point in the ring and all other effects work as normal. Ring of Spears specifically states that it blocks his movement, and he moves directly through them when hit by that ability.
    + Ring of spears should apply a power and/or protection debuff instead of an attack speed reduction.
    - Many people feel that Odin is particularly weak and I feel that having more broadly useful debuffs in his ultimate, instead of the limited usefulness of an attack speed debuff, such as power or protections (Magical and Physical in both cases) he would be in a much better place.
    + Osiris
    + Lord of the Afterlife should have its radius increased from 15 units to 20 units.
    - It can be hard enough for most players to land a standard 20 unit radius jump, given that this is Osiris's ultimate ability, the least you can do is make it reasonable to successfully land.
    + Rama
    + Right click needs to cancel Astral Strike.
    - If the right click cancels multiple abilities that's fine, but having to press 1 a second time to cancel this ability when every other ability in the game can be canceled with a right click, is awkward. At the very least, implement a setting so that players can change abilities like this to work as I suggested. Something like, "[Checkbox] Right click cancel toggles".
    + Serquet
    + Ambush's cooldown should be changed to have this 18/17/16/15/14s cooldown progression.
    - I ended it at 14s because before it was nerfed I contemplated suggesting it's cooldown be reduced by 1s, and this is a nice compromise.
    + Ambush should have a effect-less poison added to it for the sake of her passive.
    - It's just kind of awkward having all but one of her abilities playing into her passive, and especially since her cooldown has been increased by so much she deserves it. Obviously her passive would have to be adjusted in kind to require that she use all of her abilities to proc it. This will also act as encouragement for players to use more of her movement abilities in combat and thus, reduce her unnecessarily feared mobility.
    + It would be nice if Ambush had a refund of cooldown and mana if she doesn't leap. I would suggest making the refund relative to the time spent in stealth to avoid abuse. Ex: Spending over X seconds invisible will not give any refund.
    - Often players will go stealth preemptively, expecting the enemy they saw with wards to continue in a direction. If they don't, the cooldown is wasted and that can be really frustrating to new players. Making this change will make her more user friendly.
    + Last Breath should be immune to the effects of cripple.
    - This is an ultimate after all, as she stands now only one of her abilities is unaffected by cripples and it has the longest cooldown of any of them besides her ultimate. Last Breath can only be activated if there is a valid target in its tiny range and will likely only affect one enemy; implementing this change would make her less of a guaranteed sitting duck when hit by a cripple. If this isn't a strong enough argument for you, if I'm not mistaken every Assassin movement ability ultimate is CC immune.
    + Sun Wukong
    + Undefeated Body should be changed to the following:
    + When Sun Wukong is below 50% health, he gains +1 protections and HP5 for his current level. Additionally, when Sun Wukong is below 25% health he gains +6% movement speed and +10% lifesteal.
    - Right now his Critical Strike Chance is kind of a moot point by the time his passive triggers because he can be easily blown up by a mage at that low of health. Having him gain protections and health regeneration earlier will keep him a little safer, while gaining movement speed and lifesteal gives Sun Wukong better options while really low.
    + Ullr
    + Please make Invigorate grant immunity to slows.
    - This would make it on par with Kukulkan's slipstream.
    + Hail of Arrows needs to have its description fixed to indicate that it fires a single arrow (as animated).
    + Wield Axes/Bow should be immune to all forms of CC, and therefore be able to be activated anytime it's not on cooldown.
    - For the same reason as Hel's Switch Stances.
    + Vamana
    + Colossal Fury should grant a movement speed buff scaling at 20/25/30/35/40%.
    - It's idiotic that Sprint is a 'required' active for Vamana and just to use before his ultimate. Actives slots are generally regarded as spots for counter itemization, as such being forced into sprint when it's not being used to counter anything limits Vamana's utility and is just bad design.
    + Vulcan
    + Backfire needs to be unaffected by cripples.
    - There's no reason that applying knockback to yourself should count as a movement ability and it's not like you will move far enough for it to matter anyways.
    + Xbalanque
    + Right click needs to cancel Branching Bolas.
    - For the same reasons as Rama's Astral Strike.
    Continued in the next post...
    Last edited by democidist; 05-22-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Achievements:
    Items:
    + Aegis Pendant
    + Should have the effect added to it, "After the invulnerability fades, you gain a 20% damage reduction buff for 4s." (This is in conjunction with my Greater Aegis change suggestion)
    - With this change Aegis Pendant should be close to the utility of Greater Aegis, and actually be picked up.
    + Ancile
    + I would like to see Ancile changed so that it loses its passive and is changed to: 40 Physical Power, 60 Magical Protection, and 15% Cooldown Reduction.
    - I believe that the main barrier to people buying Ancile is that they don't want to build stacks to get cooldown reduction. This fixes that, as well as gives physicals a similar option to Voidstone + Breastplate of Valor for mages.
    + Bumba's Mask
    + Please ban this item from being available for purchase in 3v3 Joust.
    - It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Joust map was never meant to support a dedicated jungler. And generally speaking a Bumba's purchase in 3v3 Joust leads to that team losing the match. Sometimes people might have just gotten it due to auto-buy, but nonetheless it can't be allowed in the match type any longer.
    + Bloodforge
    + I understand why you want to make Bloodforge only stack to three, because all the other temporary stacking items only go to three, but please change it differently. And for goodness sakes give it back some physical power on the passive! I have suggested an alternative change below to achieve your goal without making this previously great item worse.
    - Cost changed from 2265 to 2600 (if necessary)
    - Passive changed to: "Each successful basic attack hit on an enemy grants you +8 physical power and +3% physical lifesteal for 3s (Max 3 stacks)."
    + Combat Blink
    + Should have its cooldown reduced to 135s.
    - Right now it has an obscenely long cooldown, with this adjustment, it will be up every-other 25% cdr ultimate.
    + Should have the effect, "This also reduces all god cooldowns by 3s." added to it. (This is in conjunction with my suggestion to remove beads from the game.)
    - With the utility of Greater Purification's cooldown reduction removed from the game, players would likely miss it. Such a benefit synergizes well with Combat Blink as it is useful both offensively and defensively.
    + Dynasty Plate Helm
    + I would really like to see its stats increased, I would suggest increasing its power to 40 and physical protections to 50. I would suggest then adjusting its price just below that of Voidstone.
    - Magical gods are in desperate need of an item like this, but it has such low stats that it feels really unimpactful.
    + Eye of Providence
    + Should be able to place a ward every 60s instead of every 90s. (In conjunction with my other Providence suggestions.)
    - The main barrier I believe to this item is that you have to have it for such a long time in order to get its value back in wards placed, and realistically you're just not going to be able to do that with such a long cooldown on it. Implementing this suggestion should drastically help with that.
    + Fist of the Gods
    + Should have the effect that, "Objectives and pets in the target area are always hit, up to 3 enemy pets are instantly killed."
    - Anyone who read this suggestion probably knows what it's targeted at. However, a large number of ultimates in the game can be completely countered by single actives, namely beads and aegis but also sprint and curse, there is no reason that Fist of the Gods can't be added to that list. By strictly having this effect on Fist of the Gods and not Wrath, you force players (in Conquest) to forfeit the ability to take objectives with it and to have a longer cooldown.
    + Golden Bow
    + I would like to see Golden Bow's movement speed increased to 8% from 5%.
    - With this change, non-traditional physical laners could combo the item with the likes of Hastened Fatalis to achieve acceptable lane clear while not giving up too much.
    + Greater Aegis
    + Should regain the ability to be activated while under the effects of hard crowd control, but have the effect removed from it that, "After the invulnerablity fades, you gain a 20% damage reduction buff for 4s." (This is in conjunction with my Aegis Pendant change suggestion)
    - This will tone it down a bit compared to what it was pre-nerf, but still retain the much needed ability to activate it while CC'd.
    + Greater Providence
    + Should be able to place wards every 45s instead of every 60s.
    - For the same reason as Eye of Providence.
    + Should have its price reduced to 600. (In conjunction with my other Providence suggestions.)
    - Now that the precedent that the final active item level must be 900 gold has been broken, this is a great opportunity to bring Providence back into use. Reducing its cost to 600 brings with it much more reasonable expectations for the number of placed wards by a player wielding it.
    + Heartward Amulet
    + Should be changed to the following, "Health: +300, Magical Protection: +40, Physical Protection: +20, Aura: All allies within 70 units gain +20 Magical Protections and +20 MP5." (In conjunction with my Sovereignty suggestion.)
    - I understand that the idea was for the item to give the user at least some protections, while still providing an aura of protections to allies, but the item would be much more useful if changed as I suggested. This way the item would be better equipped to be used in situations where mostly magical damage is the problem for your team and this way you and your teammates get that protection.
    + Improved Providence
    + Should be removed from the game. (In conjunction with my other Providence suggestions.)
    - In conjunction with my other Providence suggestions, this item would no longer have a place in the game.
    + Magi's Cloak
    + This item should have the effect added to it that, "Reduces the duration of crowd control by 20% to a minimum of 1s."
    - This will give this item back the smooth transition to the next item that it once had.
    + Magi's Blessing
    + This needs to have its visual effect removed from enemy view for the sake of strategic depth. Also, I would like to see a setting to have its visual effect invisible to the player using it since there is a timer for it that they can reference and it would allow players to more easily enjoy the character art.
    + Purification Bead/Improved Purification/Greater Purification
    + These need to be removed from the game.
    - I'm calling it. "Just buy beads" has become far to cliché to ignore. If 'beads' are really so important to the appropriate play of Smite, then it is time to get rid of them and implement them as a built-in feature. Realistically, the only change to gameplay would be that people would have a minimum of 300 gold and an active slot freed up for other things. Since almost everyone buys beads anyways it wouldn't even effect the meta of which gods are popular, because they needed beads before and still will (just now it will be built in).
    + Qin's Sais
    + Its price needs to be reduced.
    - After having been nerfed so many times it is no longer even arguably worth close to 3000, let alone over that.
    + It would be nice to see its attack speed increased to 20% from 15%.
    - Given that this item is heavily reliant on attack speed, and it is no longer really viable for almost any god in the game, it would be really helpful to get an additional 5% attack speed on it.
    + Shield of Regrowth
    + While I must say, I do like the new Shield of Regrowth, could you guys please just rename it and leave the old one alone? I really liked the item, especially when built together with Stone of Gaia, and I really want it back.
    + Could it please provide more protections and/or power? It would probably be easiest to just increase its protections from 20 to 40, that way it could remain a cheap, early-game item but still provide reasonable stats.
    - I like all of the stats that it provides, but with such low stats it feels so unimpactful. I don't care if it costs a little more, I just want it to have more of an impact.
    + I would like to see its passive changed to, "After healing yourself from an ability, you gain +30% movement speed for 4 seconds. This cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds."
    - Its passive was nice, but it was for such a short duration that it really wasn't useful for much, but with an increased duration and slightly increased buff, it will be a much better pickup.
    + Shielded Teleport
    + Should have the ability to teleport back to base added to it.
    - This is just sensible, especially when you consider that Shielded Recall was removed from the game and this item, under the right circumstances, can be used in the same way.
    + Sovereignty
    + Should be changed to the following, "Health: +200, Physical Protection: +40, Magical Protection: +20, Aura: All allies within 70 units gain +20 Physical Protections and +25 HP5." (In conjunction with my Heartward Amulet suggestion.)
    - For the same reason as my Heartward Amulet suggestion, but for physical protections instead.
    + Talisman
    + I would really like to see the price of Talisman reduced from 725 to 700 gold.
    - Watcher's Gift and Talisman is a very potent early game item combo. In Arena and Joust modes where the starting gold is only 1500, they cannot both be purchased without first waiting for a few seconds after minions spawn. I do not believe a 25 gold cost reduction to a tier one item will make a significant difference to the game balance, however it would be a positive change to the game. I will continue to wait the few seconds, but I really hope that you will see this suggestion and approve of the change.
    + Teleport to Gods
    + Should have its cooldown reduced to 180s.
    - I feel like this item has a much longer cooldown than it need to especially when you consider how much shorter of a cooldown its partner, Shielded Teleport, has.
    + Throwing Dagger
    + I would like to see roughly 3% movement speed added to this item. (In conjunction with my Golden Bow suggestion.)
    - This would help bridge this item into Golden Bow a little smoother if that item had its movement speed adjusted as well.
    + Watcher's Gift
    + It would be nice if it had HP5 on it again, obviously reducing or restoring the passive lifegain.
    - Having more consistent regeneration was really nice, and I would like to see it return.
    + Winged Blade
    + This needs to have the same visual changes done to it that I recommended for Magi's Blessing.
    + Witch Blade
    + This item either needs to have some movement speed added back to it, I'd recommend 8-10%, or else its price must be reduced.
    - I know I'm not the only one who liked this item because of how the movement speed, attack speed, and protections made the item good for both offense and defense. As it stands now it's almost useless except for the small utility it provides with its attack speed reduction.
    + Wrath of the Gods
    + Should apply to Siege Juggernauts and Wild Siege Juggernauts as if they were the Fire Giant or Gold Fury, if it doesn't already.
    - Assuming it doesn't work like this already, this just makes sense. If it does already work like this, please change its wording so that this is clear.
    + Boots
    + Can we work on having at least similar art between the footwear of the game (Like we had before)?
    + I can tell that, for physical gods at least, you're trying to make the boots reflect that one is for ability-based gods and the other is for basic attack based gods. This is your opportunity to make cooldown boots worth buying and on par with the alternative. Here are some of my ideas for nice new boot designs.
    + Warrior Tabi (Great for Hunters!)
    - Mov Spd +18%
    - Phy Pow +20
    - Crit Ch +10%
    - Att Spd +10%
    + Ninja Tabi (Great for Mid-laners & Solo-laners!)
    - Mov Spd +18%
    - Phy Pow +30
    - CD Red -15%
    + Evasive Tabi (Great for Mid-laners & Junglers!)
    - Mov Spd +18%
    - Phy Pow +20
    - CC Red -30%
    - Passive You gain +14% additional Movement Speed while out of combat
    + Reinforced Greaves (Great for Supports!)
    - Mov Spd +18%
    - Health +100
    - Mag Def +15
    - Phy Def +15
    - Passive You gain +25 HP5 while out of combat. Each time you hit an enemy god you earn +30 gold. This cannot occur on the same god more than once every 90s.
    + Greaves (Tier 2 item between boots and Reinforced Greaves)
    - Mov Spd +12%
    - Health +50
    - Mag Def +5
    - Phy Def +5
    + I'm no game designer by any means, but I think that these would make for a great starting point for better new boots. Also, I am aware that that some of these are really strong, but I strongly believe that all of the boots in the game should be among the most cost-efficient items, especially defensive boots.
    General Comments:
    + What's up with all of the attack speed debuff items now? Did you guys really dislike the Unicorn build that much? Why don't you change some of the attack debuff items to phy+mag power debuff instead so that they're useful against a broader range of enemies?

Achievements:
    *bump
    Come on guys! Please give me some kind of feedback. I don't expect you to necessarily read the whole thing, just reply to my suggestions for the things you care about.

Achievements:
    *bump
    Awe! Please? Share your opinions with me!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Nice I think your hands got plucked out from your body

Achievements:
    *bump
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I liked the most of your ideas, like prices needs to be adjusted after the many item nerfs and some ability changes, like giving Odin the possibility to cripple. But I don't feel like you really nailed how Ah Puch needs to be changed. I like that his thing is to slow people, it goes well with his squishiness, it is how he survives. The biggest problem about Ah Puch is his sick sustain. As soon as he's got Book of Thoth online he can infinite heal without losing any mana, that is OP. There should always be some sort of give and take. They should not make his corpses give 3% of his maximum mana back, maybe instead they could give something like 40% (will make his 1 give 80% back if he decides not to explode them) of what the cost of the casted spell was. End game I can sometimes with Ah Puch cast spells to replenish my mana, that is just wrong and broken.

To explain:
    His Undead Surge at max cost 110 mana. With a pretty general build (Shoes of focus, Gem of Isolation, Book of Thoth, Spear of the Magus, Breastplate of Valor, Rod of Tahuti) he can get 92,85 mana back per corpse. Since Undead Surge gives him two corpses he can get 185,7 mana back when spending 110. So he gains mana on a ability that heals him and does damage. Besides this one he is pretty balanced, an assassin kills him extremely quick.

Also I think Vamana don't need those changes. Vamana can build items to help him stick on targets if he needs another active than sprint. The Ult is strong as it is and would be just too much with a 40% speed buff.
    Last edited by Denniswenger; 05-29-2015 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Explanation of Ah Puch

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    So: Nerf Ao and buff Bellona.

10/10
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniswenger View Post
    I liked the most of your ideas, but I don't feel like you really nailed how Ah Puch needs to be changed.
    I am glad that someone thinks I'm on the right track. As for Ah Puch, I don't believe he's been out long enough for me to know for sure what he needs. That being said, generally it feels to me that his slows are too potent to the point of being completely debilitating. I have noticed what you are talking about though, even without Book of Thoth Ah Puch can actually gain mana off of his first ability; I've done it a few times just to extend my time out of base. To be fair though, Cupid can do the same thing with his hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    So: Nerf Ao and buff Bellona.
    10/10
    Any decent Ao Kuang player should be unaffected by the changes I suggested. However, I recommended more nerfs to Bellona than buffs, and most of the buffs were just quality of life things. I appreciate the 10/10 though.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by democidist View Post
    To be fair though, Cupid can do the same thing with his hearts.
    But it is not as easily abused since others have to pick his hearts up. Ah Puch can do damage, slow, get health and mana all from the same ability, without help of others. I don't really feel the slow is the problem, he wouldn't survive a second without it. It is also pretty easy to dodge his abilitys, especially if you have played him some. If an assassin get through to him he is dead instantly.