Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Discussion about transgender

Member Worshipper TheSwimmingCat's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    I had a "discussion" with someone on Facebook about transgender, particularly in Caitlin Jenner's case. He judged her with the Bible and said she was wrong and going to hell. I gave a thought out response asking for a civil discussion. Comment got deleted. He was in a positive feedback loop with those that agreed with him, saying that Caitlin will burn in Hell.
    the internet on serious topics in a nuttshell
    I don't like being squishy, I prefer being a raid boss

Senior Member Honoured AllknowingWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    You're still combining sex and gender. But, fair enough, to an extent. Hormones do affect thoughts, but I don't believe it would be significant.

I had a "discussion" with someone on Facebook about transgender, particularly in Caitlin Jenner's case. He judged her with the Bible and said she was wrong and going to hell. I gave a thought out response asking for a civil discussion. Comment got deleted. He was in a positive feedback loop with those that agreed with him, saying that Caitlin will burn in Hell.

>_>
    Well having discussions on facebook, is frankly impossible, I wouldn't take anything said online seriously, I'd bet it is trolls, I'll stray away from there not to go off topic. I do agree with lance, That, Men and women are not built mentally, emotionally and psychically, the same. The reason I bring this up, is because a lot of things such as "why aren't more men/women is this job or field? Well in general that's because most women and men have different ideas on careers. But as how people learn manners, likes and dislikes, and there thoughts and so forth. I don't think it makes too big of a difference, and it should definitely not matter how people act or behave as long as its respectable in public.

But in your scenario, if someone woke up with different organs, it wouldn't effect you as much. No, because your brain is what matters.

Also to bring up a new topic, sex changes apparently lead often to regret. It happens often and even has some explanation to it, and the pills they give you 'to balance out hormones seems to screw people up.' http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...h.mentalhealth http://www.sexchangeregret.com/ There is alot of youtube stories to, if you look it up. The only evidence I could find to the contrary is by the Huntingtonpost. And they have been caught lying multiple times and are usually extremely one sided.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUppercutt View Post
    that is because I believe the two are connected

you seem pretty open minded, so you may enjoy this episode, overall the series is pretty good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE
    Watching it at the moment. It's pretty interesting, and raises the question "can men and women be different but equal?" It goes a ways into gender equality, which is another thread. Very interesting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllknowingWolf View Post
    But in your scenario, if someone woke up with different organs, it wouldn't effect you as much. No, because your brain is what matters.

Also to bring up a new topic, sex changes apparently lead often to regret. It happens often and even has some explanation to it, and the pills they give you 'to balance out hormones seems to screw people up.' http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...h.mentalhealth http://www.sexchangeregret.com/ There is alot of youtube stories to, if you look it up. The only evidence I could find to the contrary is by the Huntingtonpost. And they have been caught lying multiple times and are usually extremely one sided.
    I read this on an article on Caitlin Jenners. She apparently has had second thoughts about changing genders. According to a professional working with her, second thoughts are normal. Though, with such a big change, anyone will have second thoughts. I think that second thoughts are a product of uncertainty. Since transgenders are living a life of the opposite gender, they aren't fully certain what to do.

Hormonal changes will mess with someone a lot. It'll bring around a lot of physical (and possibly mental/emotional) changes. This contributes to uncertainty. With that said, at what point will a male no longer be male, and a female no longer be female?
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Being a student of Psychology and Gender studies myself, I happen to know that TheSwimmingCat is largely correct. Also, while I don't know any transgenders or transsexuals, My Human Sexuality professor was an adjunct who also worked as a counselor for transgenders. There is a certain point during the counseling for someone who is actually undergoing a sex change where they are told to start dressing and acting like the gender they are transitioning to, and as part of that stage they are specifically told to start using the restroom of their new gender. I'm not saying it's right. I just want people to understand this isn't a choice that transsexuals/transgenders are making on their own. They're following their doctor's orders. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the doctor. I might be overly sensitive about who is actually responsible here, because I live in an area that has had a few particularly brutal attacks due to transgenders using the bathroom, So I want people to know what's going on and why. As for my own personal opinion, I don't really get why it's an issue. Any Public bathrooms I've been in are either designed for one person, or they have stalls. Nobody's in there gazing at anyone else's junk anyway.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Plz dont read if you cant take some words that relate to the issue. (Vagina, penis, sex ...)

I read a bunch recently about trasgenders, and it is a very complex topic. Sexual orientation is simple, but sexual gender is a tough topic. Sexual gender does not have a lot in common with sexual orientation.

As far as i know, there are two types of trasgenders. First ones usually start to show signs early on. They have more in common with the opposite sex than with theirs. You can think of them as someone with a body of a gender but a mind of the other. They usually change genders early on because they are just more from the other gender than theirs.

Think of woman1 that has a crush in woman2. S(h)e wants to have sex with woman2, but s(h)e does not want to have sex as s(h)e is. S(h)e wants to use his penis that nature played a twisted joke and placed a vagina instead. S(h)e cannot comprehend why s(h)e does not have it. S(h)e dresses like a man lives like a man and wants to have sex with woman2 as a man.

The second case is a bit different. They change sex later or not at all. They by all social standards are a perfect example of their gender. They live their live as their gender, and no one would suspect that they are trasgenders. Maybe someone from the first group or a homosexual would accuse them of being afraid of coming out. However, they are jusr being themselves. At some point they get the feeling that their body is not theirs. Even if they enjoy activities and live of their gender, they feel that they should have another body. I think they change genders when they cant stand anymore being trapped in somebody's elses body.

Think of man1 that has a crush on woman2. Yep woman2 has 2 trasgenders that want her. Man1 is a football player and whenever (s)he sees woman2 (s)he wants her for herself. (S)he wants to have sex with her, but not with that penis that he feels that is not hers. (S)he wants to have sex with her as a woman.

There was a experiment done on natural hermaphrodites. A lot of times at birth doctors would tell the parents to choose one gender for their baby. Usually it would be female since it is easier to cut. A lot of times, as the child grew he/she would act like the other gender and be homosexual if that word is even aplicable for this. Even if they were born with both genitals, their brains were more conditioned for one gender.

What i want to get is that the topic is complicated, but i am afraid it has to do more with biology than with society.
    Last edited by KFire; 06-29-2015 at 06:42 PM.