Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about transgender

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    What if, one day, you woke up in the morning and found that your dick vanished and you now have boobs?
    What if, one day, you woke up in the morning and found your boobs vanished and you now have a dick?
    Would your thoughts change?
    Would your actions change?
    Would the things you like change?

No, no, and no. People associate the genitalia of someone with what they like. Men are supposed to be fighters because we have penises. Women are supposed to do housework because they have longer hair and a vagina. I say fuck that. It's fine for a male to be interested in dolls and knitting, and it's fine for a woman to be a boxer (though that'd be scary). With that said, transgender is the result of the association between a human's gender and said human's interest. Be sure to separate physical gender and identified gender, however.

What do I think about it? I don't oppose it. People are free to express themselves concerning gender identity. If someone identifies as male or female, so be it, regardless of what gender they were born.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Shouldn't even be an issue, to be frank. What I find annoying is that people think liking flowers, pink, fluffy things, love stories, cooking, cleaning and staying at home watching kids is somehow tantamount to being female deep inside. Even transgender advocates are guilty of this.

I'd rather just do the things I enjoy without being labelled something or other. I'm only me, after all, I'm not female deep inside even if I enjoy those things. I'm well-aware I'm a man, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Member Worshipper TheSwimmingCat's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AllknowingWolf View Post
    My question for you, is transgender changing rooms and bathrooms. Do you believe they're would be a way to stop people from taking advantage of stuff like that? I know you said you were cautious about high school, but as you said 8 year olds can feel a different way, and they're are 'definitions' of people who feel like a guy one day and a girl the next. Should little kids be able to have unisex bathrooms? And do you think adults are more respectable? Would there be a way to implement it that wouldn't stir up chaos. (like instead of making all bathrooms unisex have a third bathroom for it. I mean as for taking hard to look that way, a lot of transgender people do not have surgery. Would only people that look like the gender be able to have access? Especially if were talking about young 20 somethings and teenagers they don't have money and should not be wasting it on surgery when they have rent and food to worry about. Just a few things I would be interested to here your opinions on, and anyone else reading.
    there is a difference between looking like the other gender and publicly acting like the other gender. if a trans-man decides to dress up as a man for the rest of his live even though he didnt have surgery, or maybe even still has noticable breasts, that doesnt mean he should be treated as a woman, because of various reasons. 1 people below the age of 18 are not allowed to have genital surgery. 2 as you mentioned not everyone can make the physical change because of money reasons. 3. the transgender might have changed his/her gender in his/her papers already, you're allowed to change your gender in your papers when you have a official form from a hospital, which is allowed to do sex changing surgery.

I doubt people will take advantage of when dressing as the opposite gender, than they're allowed to enter the opposites genders bathroom, to be able to enter you have to act a whole day as a gender you're not, I think the disadvantages outways the advantages.

the idea of unisex bathrooms on high schools is to have unisex bathrooms next to the standard bathrooms.

percentage wise adults are less respectfull towards transgenders, than teenagers, but teenagers who dont respect transgenders react infinitly harder towards it. where only a few adults will actually make insulting remarks in a public situation, most of the teenagers would make similar remarks
    I don't like being squishy, I prefer being a raid boss

Senior Member Honoured AllknowingWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwimmingCat View Post
    there is a difference between looking like the other gender and publicly acting like the other gender. if a trans-man decides to dress up as a man for the rest of his live even though he didnt have surgery, or maybe even still has noticable breasts, that doesnt mean he should be treated as a woman, because of various reasons. 1 people below the age of 18 are not allowed to have genital surgery. 2 as you mentioned not everyone can make the physical change because of money reasons. 3. the transgender might have changed his/her gender in his/her papers already, you're allowed to change your gender in your papers when you have a official form from a hospital, which is allowed to do sex changing surgery.

I doubt people will take advantage of when dressing as the opposite gender, than they're allowed to enter the opposites genders bathroom, to be able to enter you have to act a whole day as a gender you're not, I think the disadvantages outways the advantages.

the idea of unisex bathrooms on high schools is to have unisex bathrooms next to the standard bathrooms.

percentage wise adults are less respectfull towards transgenders, than teenagers, but teenagers who dont respect transgenders react infinitly harder towards it. where only a few adults will actually make insulting remarks in a public situation, most of the teenagers would make similar remarks
    The thing about that is something you already mentioned I believe. Acting like another gender is more a stereotype than anything else. I'm not quite sure what you mean here but I assume what you mean is people shouldn't have to look like their respective gender as long as they act like their specific gender. But as already mentioned, 'how to behave' as a man and women kind of started this whole mess.

And the major problem with that, is people will certainly take advantage of stuff like that. How would the government or anyone for that matter be able to proof this person acted like a man or a women? I think you meant to say the advantages outway the disadvantages since you said you doubt people will lie. I do think having a third option may be a nice choice but that could lead to cost issues, and some may try to stir up trouble from both sides of it.

I also looked up, articles for these type of unisex things, I saw every article I read say how great unisex bathrooms would be (women would get lower lines and men would get a powdering room) I doubt that be used a whole lot by men and if both genders could use the same bathroom, I'm unsure if the lines would actually change but that's a different story...

But nearly every one thoughts about unisex changing rooms are it's degrading, sexist and horrible for all women everywhere. (assuming most articles I looked at were liberally slanted) So I suppose their is a difference...but not to an actual transgender person.

So as for topics about this, it does seem that politically and socially it has some uncertainties. You also didn't mention changing rooms yourself. Do you believe the same? (as you did for the bathrooms.)

A little conflicting maybe its how it was worded, but I understand what you mean and agree when it comes to who will do the 'verbal' harassing.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    What if, one day, you woke up in the morning and found that your dick vanished and you now have boobs?
    What if, one day, you woke up in the morning and found your boobs vanished and you now have a dick?
    Would your thoughts change?
    Would your actions change?
    Would the things you like change?
    Yes, the hormonal changes would have a pretty significant effect

Men are supposed to be fighters because we have penises.
    There are several biological reasons men typically make better fighters

Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUppercutt View Post
    Yes, the hormonal changes would have a pretty significant effect

There are several biological reasons men typically make better fighters
    You're confusing sex and gender. Sex is the biological male and female. Gender is the mental half of it. Transgender is possible, transsex isn't (because you can't change your genes).
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    You're confusing sex and gender. Sex is the biological male and female. Gender is the mental half of it. Transgender is possible, transsex isn't (because you can't change your genes).
    you are mistaken, In humans and other mammals, testosterone is secreted primarily by the testicles of males. going off the what if question if the genitals were removed it would make sense that there would be a variety of mental changes since hormones would be significantly affected
    Last edited by LanceUppercutt; 06-03-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Being one myself, i'll tell you now that while in my mind i feel i am a female, my body is still a male, and i identify as bi, but would identify as gay if asked, due to how others may still percieve me as a male.

(this is in response to your part about sexuality identities)
    Last edited by Dezere; 06-03-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    official Smite forums Discord: https://discord.gg/rruqFKz
    For those of you who Love Discord and wish to show them support: https://discordapp.com/hypesquad?ref=1HFv9nj0qB (This is a referral link)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUppercutt View Post
    you are mistaken, In humans and other mammals, testosterone is secreted primarily by the testicles of males. going off the what if question if the genitals were removed it would make sense that there would be a variety of mental changes since hormones would be significantly affected
    You're still combining sex and gender. But, fair enough, to an extent. Hormones do affect thoughts, but I don't believe it would be significant.

I had a "discussion" with someone on Facebook about transgender, particularly in Caitlin Jenner's case. He judged her with the Bible and said she was wrong and going to hell. I gave a thought out response asking for a civil discussion. Comment got deleted. He was in a positive feedback loop with those that agreed with him, saying that Caitlin will burn in Hell.

>_>

Member Follower
    Achievements:
    You're still combining sex and gender. But, fair enough, to an extent. Hormones do affect thoughts, but I don't believe it would be significant.
    that is because I believe the two are connected

you seem pretty open minded, so you may enjoy this episode, overall the series is pretty good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE
    Last edited by LanceUppercutt; 06-03-2015 at 04:02 PM.