Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Level 30 to join League

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Fênrîr View Post
    So you are mad you can't bring a low level friend into leagues? LOL!
    Yeah that wouldn't be abused by smurfs at all and could potentially lead to people sellings carries because it would be really stupid easy to get accounts at all ranks to do that.
    27/30 is "low-level"?
    I honestly have no idea how it would matter if people are stupid enough to smurf or sell ELO. That already happens. Why screw the majority of players over because of a fear of smurfs?

Pushing, Positioning, Picking, and Timing are all in Arena. It's just a smaller stage for them.

And no. I actually do my best to be helpful right up until someone BMs me for being new, or not following the meta exactly, or any reason, which literally happens in the lobby. THEN I just play to have fun and consider it karmic if the team loses (and it actually hasn't been all my fault so far).
    I actually WILL have to play 1v1 Joust, though, because apparently elitists will get so frothy at the mouth over a bad start (not 0-10 bad; 2-5 team kills bad) that they will AFK AT 11 when the surrender vote fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    You know, the number one thing to actually win league matches and I don't bullshit about this. Get your team to ward the entire map. Everyone. I mean every nook and cranny, sentry shit down. Basically make that map like metal gear vision on the whole thing. Afterward, farm till around level 10, keep passive and get around 3 or 4 people to group up and pick off people. If you find one more annoying than the other, pick off the most annoying one. Tell your support to shit on that person and hit those backlines. You'll be guaranteed to win every game.
    I always get my 2 wards. If nothing else, League players are slightly more active about warding than literally not at all, like in Normal.
    I've witnessed NO actual teamwork so far, though. No ganks, no cover, just a lot of bitching and giving up. Your world deeply disturbs me, and I want to take my friend, get in, get what we're after, and then get out forevermore. Just consider that if five people below level 30 queue together, that's 5 solos you won't get dropped into your team, guaranteed.
    Last edited by CaptainDoomsday; 05-13-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    27/30 is "low-level"?
    I honestly have no idea how it would matter if people are stupid enough to smurf or sell ELO. That already happens. Why screw the majority of players over because of a fear of smurfs?
    It doesn't matter if people are stupid enough they will do it and that is what matters.

The bottom line is the league requirements are already incredibly lenient. Get over it because it sure as hell is NOT going to be made easier just so people can ruin games in hopes of a skin.

The skin is something that is earned not given as a right.
    Last edited by Fênrîr; 05-13-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    THIS! SO MUCH THIS!! You sir just won the internet right now. I would love to rep you ten times, but sadly I cannot do so.

The skin is meant to be earned. The problem with League if we exclude Joust was the number of "feeders" or "unskilled" that made Conquest a hard mode to play. With the new skin out baiting people that mostly played Assault, Arena, and Joust, it makes the problem and situation worse.

Players that don't know what to do and refuse to take advice from other players. Players that BM others. Players that expect to be carried. Players that are trolls in general.

If I had to choose I would place harder restrictions on League Conquest. Why?

The definition of teamwork doesn't exist for those that cannot put the same amount of effort as those that do. I'd rather have a good team and lose than a bad team with a dude that doesn't ward at all, never participates in teamfights, worries about kills more than objectives, and feeds majority of the game allowing the enemy to snowball out of control.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 05-13-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Imagine if they made a skin that's only available if you didn't play a single ranked game at all ... the reddits would asplode all over the place.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    Imagine if they made a skin that's only available if you didn't play a single ranked game at all ... the reddits would asplode all over the place.
    Or a skin for never being banned for BM. Archon Thanatos just became common.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

German Forum Moderator Worshipper Haze's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Best sentence in the thread.

@OP

If you don't wanna learn conquest and lead your team to win, you don't deserve that skin.

I will queue league again, in some months, when all the trolls and feederinos, coming from other gamemodes, all got their skin (or got demotivated too hard, cause of losing and BM).
    [ACID] Haze
    Clanleader: Trainwreck
    My plays.tv - Profile (replays)

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Honoured GroundStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    'earned'? I am fairly certain you can keep joining until you get carried to 20 wins, bound to be poor player on other team enough times to get the skin

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundStorm View Post
    'earned'? I am fairly certain you can keep joining until you get carried to 20 wins, bound to be poor player on other team enough times to get the skin
    Those guys should uninstall

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,774
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundStorm View Post
    This one sees the flaw in that elitist little motto you've adopted.
    It's NOT earned. It's ground. The only restriction on it is time, so it's being denied to players who WOULD be good enough to win it, but aren't level 30, and it's available to people like me, who hate Conquest, but will play however much it takes to get the skin.

Level isn't an indicator of skill, especially in specifically Conquest, therefore it's an arbitrary entry bar to League play. Performance, such as accruing a certain total of kills, assists, damage dealt and mitigated, etc, of an account's lifetime would be a better bar.
    Mastery level would be a better bar.
    Making Arena League and letting people level 25 and up join THAT would be a great solution.

Right now, the entry bar to Leagues is "have you ground enough?", which will still let in plenty of terrible players, and restrict those who you would want on your team for months. I'm kind of surprised so few of you have 4 friends to queue with to turn this problem into easy wins, considering your intense dedication.

As for the skin, they made a mistake. They made a top-tier skin for free, so it'd be insulting to bar that to the majority of players, but the way to get it is to play Tryhard Mode, so now EVERYONE is suffering over it. They should make this skin available for winning just normal Conquest, and they should make all FUTURE "reward" skins only tier 2 and awarded to those in Diamond League. NOW it is a reward for doing well, and not good enough to be a slap in everyone else's face or motivation for them to try.