Thread: Gladiator's Glory - 05/12

Senior Member Honoured SinDreadElla's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Seems like I'm late to the balance discussion party so here I go:

Bakasura- Mmm seems reasonable.

Bellona-
    I still think the way they are nerfing her is going the wrong direction. Unless it's an objective fight, no one will stay in the flag range for more than 10 seconds. I've said it way, way back but her problem is not the shield nor the disarm duration.
    It's her base stats being higher overall than almost all other warriors and her very easy get out of jail free leap that has a low cooldown, is instant and cc-immune.

Instead of nerfing the flag duration, I'd rather see them add an animation delay where she pulls out a flag out of thin air before leaping, just like how Osiris has a brief animation delay. At the moment she just instantly leaps with a flag already in hand.
    (Would also be nice if they remade the ult voiceline so that she says "Roma" [Pulls out flag and leaps] "Invicta!" [While planting the flag]. At the moment, since the animation is too fast, she kind of speaks her ult lines too fast as well.)

All the block, healing, etc can be reverted back to original IF they made it so that Bellona can only hold onto a weapon for a limited amount of time. That way it encourages constant weapon switching as well (which is what they originally intended and want players to do instead of holding onto the scourge).

Cabrakan-
    Fair enough buff. But you see the one thing that he REALLY need right now isn't that.
    He needs the ability to adjust the location of where he wants to summon his wall just like Ymir.
    I just find it absolutely ludicrous why it has to be at a fixed distance instead of a flexible one. I can assure you that Cabrakan will be ALOT more viable if he is allowed to place walls as far as Ymir can and can summon it at any range he wants.

Sylvanus-
    This is something that I found odd...
    I mean yes Sylvanus's basic attack knockback is extremely good for keeping minions at bay and allowing the Hunter to farm it up. But the way they are nerfing it is going in a wrong direction. With this nerf he is nothing more than a support who can't even do half decent in the duo lane now and he will get completely outpushed by guardians with more damaging abilities like Ymir and Athena. Not to mention he is completely useless in ANY other lane now so there goes any hope of solo/mid Sylvanus.

My suggestion (instead of completely removing minion knock back) is this:
    1. Make it so that only one minion closest to the centre of the attack will get knocked back. The rest inside the AOE will only take damage.
    2. Bring back his ability to use wisps on enemy minions, but keep it so that he still can't heal his own minions. Enemy minions and neutral targets will also take additional damage from the wisp making it a good "farming tool" should he decide to go into the solo lane.

At the moment, all I can say is RIP Sylvanus.
    The only reason why pros pick Sylvanus in SPL is because of the purple buffed Sylvanus that can constantly push back minion wave. Without that and with his extremely poor means of doing wave clear plus having 0 ability to escape a gank, I highly doubt anyone is going to pick him now.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SinDreadElla View Post

Bellona-
    I still think the way they are nerfing her is going the wrong direction. Unless it's an objective fight, no one will stay in the flag range for more than 10 seconds. I've said it way, way back but her problem is not the shield nor the disarm duration.
    It's her base stats being higher overall than almost all other warriors and her very easy get out of jail free leap that has a low cooldown, is instant and cc-immune.

Instead of nerfing the flag duration, I'd rather see them add an animation delay where she pulls out a flag out of thin air before leaping, just like how Osiris has a brief animation delay. At the moment she just instantly leaps with a flag already in hand.
    (Would also be nice if they remade the ult voiceline so that she says "Roma" [Pulls out flag and leaps] "Invicta!" [While planting the flag]. At the moment, since the animation is too fast, she kind of speaks her ult lines too fast as well.)
    I'll just say now that there's been quite a few occasions where i'll start leaping only to get stunned, and if a Ymir stuns me (The cc immunity isn't instant, she gets a bit into the air before it starts) I'll be sitting in mid air with a flag out and then have to jump again.
    official Smite forums Discord: https://discord.gg/rruqFKz
    For those of you who Love Discord and wish to show them support: https://discordapp.com/hypesquad?ref=1HFv9nj0qB (This is a referral link)

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Bellona was just a big middle-finger up Osiris' ass.
    Shes a big boot in the ass for all AA based gods to be precise.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Shes a big boot in the ass for all AA based gods to be precise.
    Add that to the fact that her mobility and damage makes her a veritable assassin (which, mind you, is the class designed to counter MAGES, the only class that "counters" Bellona), and the weird coincidences that I say every time a discussion like this happens (released in an extremely broken state, given the ability to build HEAVY GODDAMN HAMMER on a god that has a passive like THAT, the fact that she had 3 passives, all OBVIOUS upgrades from the passives of other gods, and that Osiris [the only god that could TRULY counter Bellona] got nerfed to the wastes of Oblivion to serve as Merhunes Dagon's stableboy a few patches before she was released, and her hell-themed skin BEFORE some gods even got their golds) and I'm pretty sure Bellona was just a big FUCK YOU to everyone, possibly even a test to see if we'd still whine about the same old shit when something like this new shit was released.
    A few days ago I literally died to a Bellona 2 levels below me because she build HH and I could not get away. No god should be able to kill someone by holding left click with only ONE item.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WolfHero's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Would make no sense. Everyone wanted the model to be changed. So why should there be a Classik Skin when no one actually would want it?
    He wouldn't have posted what he posted if he didn't want it, and honestly I prefer his old model as well. A Classic Anubis skin would be cool, if possible.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Noxae's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Why remove something that actually helped supports stay not so far under-leveled from the rest of their team?

Seriously, playing support sucks.

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Please note: The new arena map has been delayed, all other patch content will be going live Tuesday morning
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    If I were to get 20 wins this month would I be able to get the new AMC skin or did I have to have gotten 20 wins before it's release?
    I think its about time we give Afrodite and Neith some HiRez Hires makeup

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Quote Originally Posted by KasaiFox View Post
    If I were to get 20 wins this month would I be able to get the new AMC skin or did I have to have gotten 20 wins before it's release?
    All matches prior to the patch will not count towards the achievement. It'll be from the patch, on.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    All matches prior to the patch will not count towards the achievement. It'll be from the patch, on.
    Hi-Rez please