Thread: Travelers Shoes for Guardians in Assault?

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Travelers Shoes for Guardians in Assault?

I have been getting a lot of heart burn about this choice in Assault lately from fellow team mates so I wanted to get some other opinions.

PASSIVE - You gain +28% Movement Speed and +25 HP5 while out of combat.

With those passives here is my logic for this choice as an early item when I get tagged as Guardian in Assault mode. If you do pull a Guardian in Assault on your team, that person is often expected to lead the way for the push down the lane. Assault is seldom a constant 5 v 5 brawl every moment. Most matches start with either one team tower hugging their front tower zone, or ends up with a lot of probing attacks and sniping in the middle of the lane. During that time i have found that I'm spending 45 seconds up to several minutes 'out of combat' since I'm not being hit and I'm back a little. Combat only really sets in for me when I'm launching a probing attack or counterattacking to spoil the enemies probing. For sniping there is little I'm really doing as a Guardian; that mostly falls to the mages and hunters.

I have also found that being the Guardian I'm likely to go down with more enemy activity hitting me. So if I have to get back from the fountain to my front tower, that extra movement speed can be critical.

Now is my logic completely off? Am I missing something? Or am I just dealing with team mates that are not thinking the whole picture through?
    As birds are made to fly and rivers to run, so the soul to follow duty.
    Dussehra ~ Ramayana

"Of Kythereia [Aphrodite], born in Kypros (Cyprus), I will sing. She gives kindly gifts to men: smiles are ever on her lovely face, and lovely is the brightness that plays over it.--Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite

"Vigrith is the field | where in fight shall meet
    Surt and the gracious gods;
    A hundred miles | each way does it measure.
    And so are its boundaries set."--Vafthruthnismol

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    yeah i have seen alot peoples who buy these shoes i could say in every assault match i see atleast one of them have bought these shoes
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    The gold and experience it gives is amazing, since you're guaranteed 5 procs every 90 minutes. Combined with the HP5 and small MS buff, allowing you to get back to lane faster, give you a better chance to get yourself killed by the towers rather than an enemy, or just have a better chance of running further down the lane to try and avoid getting caught if you've disengaged, I'm surprised that they're not a staple on every character in Assault.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    The gold and experience it gives is amazing, since you're guaranteed 5 procs every 90 minutes...I'm surprised that they're not a staple on every character in Assault.
    Yep 100%, same with Arena. The proc is guaranteed in both modes. So if you want a level advantage go for it.

Senior Member Honoured Snikeduden's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I like these boots in Assault, not just on guardians, but on any melee god that is not doing much poke. I also like the extra MS when im going to blink in.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    If you're the designated tank in assault, then I'd rather you get some tanky items to help you actually... Survive. Or some supporting items like Sovereignty or the mp5 item.
    Reinforced Greaves may be a better choice due to the amount of CC that will be thrown your way.
    Last edited by Rarrl; 04-30-2015 at 08:05 AM.