Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: What happened to the MOTD?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,024
    12
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    It's hardly CODING a new MOTD daily. Most of them are already made, and it's just a matter of hot-swapping them. HiRez is doing what every company does; arbitrarily ruining things people like to make way for more addiction-ploy bullshit.

  2. #12
    Member Worshipper Euryale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MOTD or Assault
    Posts
    411
    4
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    It's hardly CODING a new MOTD daily. Most of them are already made, and it's just a matter of hot-swapping them. HiRez is doing what every company does; arbitrarily ruining things people like to make way for more addiction-ploy bullshit.
    My guess is that with all the people complaining about terrible matchmaking Hi-Rez tries to reduce the game modes more and more (Domination, League Arena, MOTD, ...). So that for the remaining modes there are more people queueing and thus resulting into a better matchmaking.

    Maybe League Joust and Siege will be removed as well at some point or added to the Sunday "Special Event List".
    How about Assault League or MOTD League?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In a Dark Cave
    Posts
    2,919
    11
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    My guess is that with all the people complaining about terrible matchmaking Hi-Rez tries to reduce the game modes more and more (Domination, League Arena, MOTD, ...). So that for the remaining modes there are more people queueing and thus resulting into a better matchmaking.

    Maybe League Joust and Siege will be removed as well at some point or added to the Sunday "Special Event List".
    I know of some people who don't like this but anyways yes its a way to limit what people can play to get more people in the less common modes
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

  4. #14
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Levyathyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Aspherje, Calbefraques
    Posts
    39
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    It seems to me that MotD will now fall under Special Events and function much like before... except now they're tied to getting gems just for playing.

    I don't have a problem with this.

  5. #15
    Member Worshipper Euryale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MOTD or Assault
    Posts
    411
    4
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyathyn View Post
    It seems to me that MotD will now fall under Special Events and function much like before...
    It is not about MOTD being called a Special Event now or any function change.
    Before it was available every day. Now it is only once per week.
    Additionally not everyone got time to play Sundays.

    Quote Originally Posted by Levyathyn View Post
    except now they're tied to getting gems just for playing.

    I don't have a problem with this.
    You actually don't get them just for playing, you have to win.
    Furthermore there always were events giving gems, much more gems to be honest.
    Now you will need 150 wins for 900 gems, that's 6 gems per win.
    There were events giving 560 gems for 12 wins, that's 46 gems per win.
    How about Assault League or MOTD League?

  6. #16
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Levyathyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Aspherje, Calbefraques
    Posts
    39
    1
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Where is all this information?

  7. #17
    Member Follower Rarrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    173
    5
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    7
    Can we have the MOTD's back instead of this lame-ass "special" event?

  8. #18
    Trash Doggo Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Trashcan
    Posts
    14,971
    39
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    42
    Right now the MOTD today is this stupid special event queue, where you can play for gems and gems only and face tryhard conquest players.

  9. #19
    Member Worshipper Euryale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MOTD or Assault
    Posts
    411
    4
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Right now the MOTD today is this stupid special event queue, where you can play for gems and gems only and face tryhard conquest players.
    Yeah, they turned the relaxed and fun mode I loved into a mode for greedy tryhards who constantly flame everyone.
    How about Assault League or MOTD League?

  10. #20
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    77
    1
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    We should start a petition, this stupid event thing sucks, i dont normally get to play most sundays but used to love MOTD. BRING BACK MOTD!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •