Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Ah Puch, so unbalanced or just right?

Senior Member Honoured Miestana's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    I’m fairly certain that this is the generally agreed upon “best” build for Ah Puch:
    Shoes of Focus, Chronos Pendant, Spear of the Magus, Gem of Isolation, Rod of Tahuti, Ethereal Staff
    actually not so. http://smite.guru/gods/i/2056 here is a list of popular builds for him in each setting. conquest has the most popular usage of warlock's sash for almost every mage class. but as you get into other game modes..the popularity of warlock's sash (or use of etheral staff) falls off and goes down the line of builds that might be used.

edit: idk why i keep calling it demonic sash....
    Last edited by Miestana; 05-22-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    The conquest build is obviously wrong, since it doesn't even include Chronos Pendant, a core item on Ah Puch, while the others appear to swap out Ethereal Staff for throw-away items, like Obsidian Shard (with Spear? No...) or Soul Reaver (on a poke mage? Very funny.).

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    The conquest build is obviously wrong, since it doesn't even include Chronos Pendant, a core item on Ah Puch, while the others appear to swap out Ethereal Staff for throw-away items, like Obsidian Shard (with Spear? No...) or Soul Reaver (on a poke mage? Very funny.).
    Why would you use chromos pendant on him when he can reduce his own cool downs?

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Ult.

/10char

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Several reasons:
    1. All of Ah Puch’s abilities deal damage and two come with in-built slows. As a result, Gem of Isolation is a core item on Ah Puch. Chronos Pendant allows him to apply 25% more slows.
    2. Ah Puch’s burst damage is mediocre, far exceeded by real burst mages, like Scylla, Poseidon and Agni. Ah Puch instead relies on his extremely high poke damage to force heals, which he can then exploit with his 3, or force a retreat. Chronos Pendant increases his poke damage by 25%, even before factoring its increased mana regen or power, which is absolutely massive for a single item.
    3. Ah Puch’s cool down reduction is fixed value, while Chronos Pendant’s cool down reduction is percentage. Since Chronos Pendant’s cool down reduction is applied first, the two work exceptionally well together, since 6 – 2 * 2 = 2, meaning his in built CDR reduced his cooldown by 67% with max CDR, rather than 10 – 2 * 2 = 6 only 40% without any CDR.
    4. Ah Puch has infinite health sustain due to his passive, which is, of course, improved by Chronos Pendant exponentially, as demonstrated above, but with Chronos Pendant he also has infinite mana sustain, due to the innate MP5 of the item, supplemented by his own in-built mana sustain, a similar effect to what you could have gotten off Book of Thoth, but with benefits 1-3 as well.
    Any Ah Puch that does not build full CDR is, quite simply, doing it wrong.

Achievements:
    Several reasons:
    1. All of Ah Puch’s abilities deal damage and two come with in-built slows. As a result, Gem of Isolation is a core item on Ah Puch. Chronos Pendant allows him to apply 25% more slows.
    2. Ah Puch’s burst damage is mediocre, far exceeded by real burst mages, like Scylla, Poseidon and Agni. Ah Puch instead relies on his extremely high poke damage to force heals, which he can then exploit with his 3, or force a retreat. Chronos Pendant increases his poke damage by 25%, even before factoring its increased mana regen or power, which is absolutely massive for a single item.
    3. Ah Puch’s cool down reduction is fixed value, while Chronos Pendant’s cool down reduction is percentage. Since Chronos Pendant’s cool down reduction is applied first, the two work exceptionally well together, since 6 – 2 * 2 = 2, meaning his in built CDR reduced his cooldown by 67% with max CDR, rather than 10 – 2 * 2 = 6 only 40% without any CDR.
    4. Ah Puch has infinite health sustain due to his passive, which is, of course, improved by Chronos Pendant exponentially, as demonstrated above, but with Chronos Pendant he also has infinite mana sustain, due to the innate MP5 of the item, supplemented by his own in-built mana sustain, a similar effect to what you could have gotten off Book of Thoth, but with benefits 1-3 as well.
    wall of text but i got through it....jk lol. but to answer...smite.guru shows the most popular builds that people use using statistics it takes from every match. that starter item more than likely gets replaced with chronos' pendant but most games end before they change it so the starter item gets factored into the equation. he can technically have infinite health sustain but only late game. early game its low due to the amount of mana his abilities cost and he will go oom before he can heal himself. i did the math on the last page....and to answer you mr mcnight....what mage doesnt build full cdr? or at least some form of it?

edit: most mages build chronos' pendant and shoes of the magi.

Achievements:
    those other builds are just alternative. i dont normally follow any of those tho lol. speedy gonzah puch follows no man!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Why wouldn't you?
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Several reasons:
    I agree with most of those points.

It doesn't have to be full CDR though. I play Ah Puch mostly in Arena and whenever I do, I mostly have 25 - 35%. I usually build either Travelers or Magis Boots. Magis if I want the damage, Travelers if I want the speed and the gold. since Ah puch has no real escape, that extra movement Speed really has proven helpful. In Conquest, this should prove true as well, mostly because you have to do some rotations there as well.

Chronos Pendant is a staple for me as well for the above reasons.

I don't always build more CDR from that point onward, but when I do, it comes from a winged blade, and that I do not (only) because of the CDR but because the match up dictates it. Almost every god in the game has a slow, almost every god in the game wants to see you dead, and whenever they try to make you dead, they just gave you a small escape. People brag about how easy to kill Ah Puch is with Bastet, well, buy winged blade and outrun those kitties with more swag than they can handle.

For Conquest, it gives you more movement speed for running away and rotations, HP for survival and your passive, the passive for obvious reasons and, well. ATK Speed so you can whack idiots with your pimp stick.

It is also one of the most cost effective Items in the game. Passing it up whenever the enemy team has 3 or more mean slowing motherlovers who want a piece of your tasty behind is something you should think about twice.

TL;DR Version: Instead of going full CDR with Focus Boots + Chronos Pendant, I go almost full CDR with Chronos Pendant + Winged Blade for that fast Movement Speed and the higher survival chances.
    Last edited by PapaRodin; 05-22-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    I'm not sure I can agree with Shoes of the Magi, since I'd rather just have the CDR and get slow immunity from sprint or beads, but I can respect Traveler's Shoes, especially pre-nerf, since his poke is very safe and the power they give is still decent. Post nerf though, I'd still recommend Focus + Ethereal Staff and Heavenly, if you need the slow immunity, because that build just gives you more of everything.