Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why I May Stop Playing Smite

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    The design team put the critical item requirements in Serqet's kit to balance her actually because she doesn't really need anything with how her kit is designed. She has % penetration and % damage and true damage built right into her kit. If she didn't need crit, you would build her like a warrior to optimize damage which they clearly wouldn't want to happen.

Senior Member Honoured MaverickSlayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    So critical items are a way of stopping assassins from being warriors now?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSlayer View Post
    So critical items are a way of stopping assassins from being warriors now?
    Just Serqet really.

Look at her kit and think of what the best items to buy would be if her ability couldn't crit. She would be able to build like one of the tankier assassins or dps warriors if she didn't need the crit items.

The ability can use critical items to prevent a tanky build Serqet from doing her assassin damage.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruncor View Post
    The game is quite brutal in the later game with players being literally melted in 2s. I think that's why he never made the same success of LoL and will hardly grow after the release of hots. In my opinion they should reduce the gain efficiency of damage done by items and invest more in the stats to avoid generic builds for all the gods of the same class.
    This is one of the more brilliant suggestions I have seen in my lurkings on these forums. It would also make classes slightly more defined. I find it weird to see hunters build as an assassin or a mage trying to be a guardian.. or a guardian trying to be a mage for that matter. Might as well just list them as two classes or a hybrid for some of them.

Also Ichaival is almost standard on my hunters, an amazing item which helps to nerf the gap of crit damage with its -power (from items) passive to the enemy.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Truth be told, what they need to do is something Dota 2 learned a long time ago. Not every god should have every item. They already took the first step by restricting items based on class or removing certain items from certain game modes. However, certain gods should not be allowed certain items. Like a frost hammer on a bellona removes all chance of escape for most mages, a lot of warriors and occasionally even guardians.

Or perhaps instead of capping say frost hammer on bellona. Cap her speed at 1.8 or 2.0 instead of 2.5 like everyone else.

Common sense solutions to complex problems.

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Destroying people's options based on what metagame construct they're playing is the worst solution I could imagine. By that logic, why even allow people to buy their own items, instead of just locking autobuy onto a predetermined set? And from there, why even HAVE items? Just make it like Heroes of the Storm, where everyone just gains personal passives over time.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieharder401 View Post
    Truth be told, what they need to do is something Dota 2 learned a long time ago. Not every god should have every item. They already took the first step by restricting items based on class or removing certain items from certain game modes. However, certain gods should not be allowed certain items. Like a frost hammer on a bellona removes all chance of escape for most mages, a lot of warriors and occasionally even guardians.

Or perhaps instead of capping say frost hammer on bellona. Cap her speed at 1.8 or 2.0 instead of 2.5 like everyone else.

Common sense solutions to complex problems.
    But then Osiris will buy it or Chaac will buy it.
    Baning it form one god will make people go to anothersimialr one that can do the same.

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieharder401 View Post
    This is one of the more brilliant suggestions I have seen in my lurkings on these forums. It would also make classes slightly more defined. I find it weird to see hunters build as an assassin or a mage trying to be a guardian.. or a guardian trying to be a mage for that matter. Might as well just list them as two classes or a hybrid for some of them.

Also Ichaival is almost standard on my hunters, an amazing item which helps to nerf the gap of crit damage with its -power (from items) passive to the enemy.
    There is something good in encouraging varied builds, but that should be offered in different items, such as Shifter's Shield and Warlock + Ethereal combo, not as a penalty to building damage. Invariably, some chars are going to want to build damage exclusively. If EVERYONE wants to, then damage is OP relative to other options, for which I still largely blame Deathbringer.

They should, however, replace the hard caps on stats with soft ones like LoL has.
    Classes should also be abolished. A class on a god just tells everyone where to jam them due to the meta, and becomes a restriction on designing them. In many cases, it will still be intuitive, but not restricted. Maybe Ah Puch likes the jungle; maybe Ravana will make a supreme Midlaner.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered
    I agree that crits CAN be OP not that they ARE Op. they really just need a good hard counter right now, like perhaps a magic only item (such as crits are physical only) that increases attack range or an active that decreases crit chance.

Thats just my two cents