Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I May Stop Playing Smite

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    The question is, should they nerf crit builds to make other items viable, or buff the power items lagging behind?
    The second one. Unicorn builds need to come back

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The fact that it's called a "Unicorn Build" makes me hate it so much. I hate it when people try to apply catchy nicknames to things...

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Was it called a unicorn build because you almost never saw it, even then?

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Nobody knows why it was called the Unicorn, but it was a very skill-intensive build.
    It needs to make a comeback, as even "pro" players build nothing but crit now.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Well, they're nerfing Devo's and took a bat to Qin's, so crits clearly stand unopposed now, even without Rage throwing in AS just to be rude.
    I guess we need better non-crit phys power items. Maybe something Warriors could put on to accomodate their violently crippled AS and bring back basic attacks.

Senior Member Honoured MaverickSlayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    While we're at it, let's get rid of Life Steal or Attack Speed. I mean, there are too many Gods who have those things built into them, it wouldn't be fair for them to exist.... <--- Sarcasm

If you don't like playing Hunters the typical "META" way, than don't play Hunters. They're built around having Crit Strike, and Attack Speed. Though, I've found a good amount of success in building Hunters(particularly An Hur) with Odysseus's Bow, Titan's Bane, Executioner, Blood Forge, Asi Blade, and Warrior Tabi. The damage you get is incredible, and you have wonderful clear with the amount of chain attacks that happen. It's quite an effective Assault build.
    So you're saying that if I want to be able to build in more than one way and still have my success remain at around the same level, I can't play an entire class of gods? When I play a game I typically enjoy being able to try out different play styles, hunters are the bane of that right now, and I just have to deal with it? That doesn't seem very reasonable.
    Last edited by MaverickSlayer; 05-02-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The game is quite brutal in the later game with players being literally melted in 2s. I think that's why he never made the same success of LoL and will hardly grow after the release of hots. In my opinion they should reduce the gain efficiency of damage done by items and invest more in the stats to avoid generic builds for all the gods of the same class.

Achievements:
    Crit is also an RNG thing, which is otherwise mostly absent in Smite. Only Midgardian mail and any passives that have % chances lean on it.
    Qin's Sais are pathetic now, but were OP before. If they can get them right, the synergy with Executioner will be a good start towards the new breed of Unicorns.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSlayer View Post
    So you're saying that if I want to be able to build in more than one way and still have my success remain at around the same level, I can't play an entire class of gods? When I play a game I typically enjoy being able to try out different play styles, hunters are the bane of that right now, and I just have to deal with it? That doesn't seem very reasonable.
    Why not try an off-hunter, like Freya, or simply dropping an assassin or mage in duo, provided you've got the carry potential elsewhere? Alternatively, you could just play a hunter mid or solo, or just try out the new Heartseeker builds. Asi, Ichaival and Odysseus Bow are also all underused hunter items that you could implement into your builds for some originality, if you're interested.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    Why not try an off-hunter, like Freya, or simply dropping an assassin or mage in duo, provided you've got the carry potential elsewhere? Alternatively, you could just play a hunter mid or solo, or just try out the new Heartseeker builds. Asi, Ichaival and Odysseus Bow are also all underused hunter items that you could implement into your builds for some originality, if you're interested.
    Mage adc's do less damage then all hunter adc's with crit.
    The thing is that Chronos and Freya are very situational picks and giving up a ranged crit dealer is way too much to do.
    Funny thing is that Hou Yi is designed around Unicorn due to his passive cancelling crits and 2 but Qin's+pen got nerfed and even tyhen his ability damage isn't good at all and he has a piss poor Attack Speed gain far below other adc's.

Infact assassins with no attack speed items beat out his while he has boots and executioner.
    That's how bad he is.

Sorry for the hou Yi rant but crit was always crazy in it's lifetime.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 05-06-2015 at 05:43 PM.