Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Medusa...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HoneyBadgersrUs's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Medusa...

I am completely aware that Medusa just got nerfed, but in my opinion it was in all the wrong ways. The only part of her kit I struggle to find fair and fitting in this game is her ultimate. It is a 2 seconds stun in a giant, long range cone that has the potential to do 1000+ damage with scaling. And before someone tells me just to look away - that is still a 50% slow with half damage (which oddly enough would be balanced if that's all it did). I personally would like to see either the insane 100% scaling go down, the stun to either be heavily reduced or removed, or even its base damage to be reduced so that I can't be 100 to 0-ed in a matter of 1 second.
    "I came to this game to play Sobek," - Random Diamond Sobek 2015

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead shifue's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    God this again just take the god out now.
    1) there is other hunters that do cc better and longer then her not reposting it look it up.
    2)1000+ damage you say eh? i'll call bullshit max is 700+100% you would need 300 power to make it 1k not many hunters can and will roll that much power since all know crit+speed+ basic attack=death and this is the way most hunters win.
    3)if you're getting 100-0 in a sec quit feeding her.
    4)The one point i skipped for last cause it was so wrong the cone is not that wide or any longer then other hunters step forward and get missed or do like everyone else get anti cc
    Last edited by shifue; 04-17-2015 at 03:20 AM.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Her ultimate is the only thing she is has right now...

New Member Cupidhead Dkayhunter's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    She is completly garbage now, to bad cause she was fun to play but now bye bye Medusa

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascan7 View Post
    Her ultimate is the only thing she is has right now...
    Along with a 120 damage steroid in early, the fastest dash in the game (that allows you to AA during it, and reduces healing, and has a .6 second stun), and insane poke that doubles as her clear.
    Totally a bad god right now.
    God forbid you have to actually WORK for your win, now. It's the same with Bellona, 70% of the community knows she's bullshit, 30% knows she's bullshit but pretends she isn't for the free win.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Along with a 120 damage steroid in early, the fastest dash in the game (that allows you to AA during it, and reduces healing, and has a .6 second stun), and insane poke that doubles as her clear.
    Totally a bad god right now.
    Meh, i don't think she has anything special compared with other hunters right now.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Meh, i don't think she has anything special compared with other hunters right now.
    Because a 2s stun, a dash you can AA during, healing reduction, insane strafing, and bullcrap poke/clear is totally not special...
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Because a 2s stun
    That's good and that's why i said it's the only thing she has

a dash you can AA during healing reduction,
    Not such a big deal, hunters usually use dash for escaping, the AA isn't such a big deal. I'd rather have Apollo's dash all the way. Healing reduction is meh, if you want to use the dash for attacking, you have to make her a very aggressive hunter and the 3 alone isn't sufficient.

insane strafing
    Good point but mobility alone won't make her special. We already have many mobile hunters that are also very strong in other things.
    bullcrap poke/clear is totally not special...
    The poke maybe be special, but again it's not enough. AMC has the best poke/clear in the game (i'm talking about hunters), but he isn't considered very good because his lack of mobility.
    Medusa looks like a more mobile, less consistent AMC. Will this be enough to find a niche for her? I don't think so. Imo she's a mix between Hou Yi (good 1vs1 potential) and AMC (very good clear for an hunter), but those two are considered low tiers among hunters so Medusa will probably joint them too. But her ult is helping her, giving her another nice thanks to it, very nice in teamfights or to secure a kill.

Achievements:
    That's good and that's why i said it's the only thing she has

Not such a big deal, hunters usually use dash for escaping, the AA isn't such a big deal. I'd rather have Apollo's dash all the way. Healing reduction is meh, if you want to use the dash for attacking, you have to make her a very aggressive hunter and the 3 alone isn't sufficient.

Good point but mobility alone won't make her special. We already have many mobile hunters that are also very strong in other things.

The poke maybe be special, but again it's not enough. AMC has the best poke/clear in the game (i'm talking about hunters), but he isn't considered very good because his lack of mobility.
    Medusa looks like a more mobile, less consistent AMC. Will this be enough to find a niche for her? I don't think so. Imo she's a mix between Hou Yi (good 1vs1 potential) and AMC (very good clear for an hunter), but those two are considered low tiers among hunters so Medusa will probably joint them too. But her ult is helping her, giving her another nice thanks to it, very nice in teamfights or to secure a kill.
    On a hunter, a 2s stun is bullshit. Take into account they can hit around 3-4 basics on you during this time, which is almost enough to kill most squishies at full health.

The AA IS a big deal, you get in a free hit while they're stunned and rooted. Again, hunters hit for around 600-700 damage if they crit in lategame.

In a boxing fight, not only does her heal reduction come into play (it reduces lifesteal, remember?), she also has more strafing capabilities than other hunters, meaning she's going to have an easier time juking around their AAs.

When a god in duo has to choose between using skills to get an edge or using them to poke, that's fine. When a god can do both at the same time, thats not fine.

All in all, the nerf was necessary since in early, if she hit all 3 hits on anyone, they died, end of story.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Motakudgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    1st thing I thought about after medusa got nerfed: she is trash now...

But even before nerf, i accepted, that she is a bit op due to 100% attack speed steroid at level 1.
    Also it was quiet fun to use combos like ares ult - medusa ult, or ymir freeze + medusa ult etc.
    My arena score was like 20-3-15, or 18-5-16 and i made not less than 45k damage each match and that is really op score for rank 1 adc.

Now, when she is nerfed, i have to maximize "1" ability only at midgame in conquest (medusa still has one of the best waveclears, so i level it up first). Medusa now can not afford to herself an easy kill early game with 1-3-AA combination.

In early game, medusa uses waveclear and harrasses enemies for free.
    In midgame, about 10-15 lvl, medusa's steroid is a devastating nuking ability.
    In lategame, her ultimate is very useful for massive fights: hit 3 targets with ultimate = win.

Also, if you try to build fatalis to maximise effect of her passive, you realise, that you can shoot and strafe with enourmous speed. That makes medusa very hard-to-hit god.

I would say that medusa is pretty balanced now. The only thing that is overnerfed is her damage on steroid. I think, that it should be buffed, not nerfed, but it shouldnt stack. Let's say, 100 damage per tick, 3 ticks, but no stacks. I would like if this additional damage could really kill someone (like serquet's ultimate). Now, i dont feel this damage at all nor in early/midgame, neither in lategame.