11 22.92%
  • Balance

2 4.17%
  • Community/Bad attitude

10 20.83%
  • Others

1 2.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What's the most urgent issue with Smite?

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadenortorl View Post
    Most of the people leaving are doing so because the match making is so bad that they are not having fun. I can not really blame them for quitting if they are not having fun. It is a game after all; you are suppose to be having fun.

Fix the match making, and you fix 80% of the issues.
    More often than not, the rager is the worst player on the team. So, if that's the case, it's more a thing of they being upmatched than paired with bad teammates. Still, no matter how bad is your game, quitting is a big no-no. So you ain't having fun, that gives you the right to ruin 9 other people's fun?
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 04-16-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Honoured AllknowingWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Even back when I played plenty. People abandoning games, they do get punished then they can be blocked. The server honestly doesn't seem too unstable. The community was getting a touch worse back then. So I don't know I've it improved or gotten worse over the while, but there is a block button. But matchmaking, thats the main reason I stopped playing...and it definitely needs the most done to it. And it CAN actually be fixed. Hi-rez can't stop bad apples. They can create far better matchmaking.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Many of these just are a result of a different issue.

Server stability makes players unintentionally abandon games, which makes an uneven match-up that will probably ruin the matchmaking for that game, maybe even messing up the matchmaking in later games for the players in said games, and bad MM makes the community salty.

Even just fixing server stability would fix the game tremendously.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFast View Post
    Many of these just are a result of a different issue.

Server stability makes players unintentionally abandon games, which makes an uneven match-up that will probably ruin the matchmaking for that game, maybe even messing up the matchmaking in later games for the players in said games, and bad MM makes the community salty.

Even just fixing server stability would fix the game tremendously.
    Yeah, I think that is pretty much it. Due to one issue another one comes up and so one.
    Sever Stability just seems difficult to fix.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    Yeah, I think that is pretty much it. Due to one issue another one comes up and so one.
    Sever Stability just seems difficult to fix.
    They pay for third-party servers. They can call them back if the results are bad.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    I like how 11 people said match making. If only those 11 people understood what it is matchmaking does and what it ACTUALLY refers too. lol.
    Match making is the computer deciding your oppnents, not what they pick, how they play, or if they counter build rotate or anything. It simply looks at elo, and a secret MMR, the queue times, the people in the queue, and says. You guys go with you. And I'll put you against you guys. Sometimes the MM system is forced into doing something if enough queue time goes by. It tries to keep times below 2 minutes. But if no one is queueing for joust 3 v 3 for 5 minutes. It can't do anything about that.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezereal View Post
    I like how 11 people said match making. If only those 11 people understood what it is matchmaking does and what it ACTUALLY refers too. lol.
    Match making is the computer deciding your oppnents, not what they pick, how they play, or if they counter build rotate or anything. It simply looks at elo, and a secret MMR, the queue times, the people in the queue, and says. You guys go with you. And I'll put you against you guys. Sometimes the MM system is forced into doing something if enough queue time goes by. It tries to keep times below 2 minutes. But if no one is queueing for joust 3 v 3 for 5 minutes. It can't do anything about that.
    I am very well aware on how MM or rather any queueing system works. It's literally one of the first things you learn when going through your courses as a comp sci major.

A big reason why the MM in this game is trash is because of population. Bigger games like dota 2 and LoL I never have an issue with because people I get matched against are very close to my skill level. In smite it's much different.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Fênrîr View Post
    A big reason why the MM in this game is trash is because of population. Bigger games like dota 2 and LoL I never have an issue with because people I get matched against are very close to my skill level. In smite it's much different.
    It has very little to do with the player pop size and everything to do with your support/mid/jungle being a fantastic ADC, yet trash everything else.
    I see this in more or less every game. Ppl with high elo/guru scores getting shoehorned into mainly the support role and absolutely sucking. Feeding the enemy to no end.
    Im a pretty decent adc and support player, but put me in mid and ill very likely feed like a boss.
    Hirez needs to make a "teammaker", so you pick your role going into the queue, then when the lobby hits everyone knows what role they will be playing.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    It has very little to do with the player pop size and everything to do with your support/mid/jungle being a fantastic ADC, yet trash everything else.
    I see this in more or less every game. Ppl with high elo/guru scores getting shoehorned into mainly the support role and absolutely sucking. Feeding the enemy to no end.
    Im a pretty decent adc and support player, but put me in mid and ill very likely feed like a boss.
    Hirez needs to make a "teammaker", so you pick your role going into the queue, then when the lobby hits everyone knows what role they will be playing.
    I'm talking more about how the imbalance of me being paired with random level 20's while being level 30 with a smite guru score of over 2000+. During low peak hours this is incredibly prevalent and has very much to do with population.

There is a significant difference to someone who is bad at a role as opposed to someone who hasn't an idea of what they are supposed to be doing.

Less people = less the MM system has go grab from which in return means more lopsided games.
    Last edited by Fênrîr; 04-20-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    The matchmaker seems to do okay until mixed mmr parties get involved. Looking at past matches when there were groups involved with a large mmr differential in the partied group, it ends up finding a low mmr solo player to dump on the opposing team to balance then total mmr for the teams.

I think still think they should work on adding the 5th gold/Xp stream to conquest to get rid of part of the stigma of support and open up more team composition options.

Individual God balance isn't in a horrible place but if expected income rate was standardized then itemization could be rebalanced around standardized item costs which corrects some of the itemization issues (as well as some of the understatted useless items).