Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hou Yi steampunk skin concept

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru

Hou Yi steampunk skin concept

I have a concept for a HouYi steampunk skin, which I wanted to share.

He looks like a galant gentleman: tophat, jacket, double-breasted waistcoat, shirt, and tie. His accessories are a flowery lapel pin and a chained pocket watch (fastened onto his waistcoat). His mask is now a leather masquerade mask (which covers the face around one eye and the entirety of the forehead) with a gold-ish bronze monocle magnifier. There's some bullets, a round emblem, and a chained key on the strap of his tophat.

Art commissioned from Sawitry at DeviantArt. Artwork for illustration, belongs to artist.
    Character design by me, unsolicited submission to Hi-Rez as per their legal.
    • Basic attack: It is done with a bolt-action or lever-action rifle.
    • Richochet: Also done with a bolt-action rifle, perhaps through a mechanical pressurized add-on that heats up glowing upon activation.
    • Mark of the Golden Crow: It could be styled like a military aviator badge with wings and spinning cog wheels.
    • Divebomb: It would be something inspired from a sky-hook, grappling a propellor-driven contraption.
    • Sunbreaker: There's one Zeppelin steampunk airship crashing down from the sky. The first eight "suns" are bits and pieces of large debris (mechanical and structural parts, such as an engine) from explosions with the last "sun" being the Zeppelin itself exploding in pieces in the sky, having the largest remnants crashing to its fiery destruction.

UPDATE: Since a recently-released Hou Yi skin uses the tailed-finned bombs motif (like those depicted in the image, minus a Zeppelin in the air dropping it), I've removed that motif from my concept. I've come up with another idea for the Sunbreaker ultimate (as described above).

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Omg, if they made this skin, I would cry myself to sleep out of pure happiness. This is just purely amazing and I can already imagine using this skin with serqets steam punk skin

Oh and also, really nice drawing there.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    I'm glad that you like the idea.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    This turns me on.

Woah hold on wtf...I'm a junior member...

Oh wait this is my smurf account. Why the hell did I get logged into this account.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Guru
    Hmm, it just came to mind that his jump would be so great for something inspired on a sky hook a la Bioshock. I don't know. Man, I loved that game.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Really cool skin concept. I approve. The problem will be if tencent approve it, being he is Chinese god.

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    Ill be honest, I didn't understand half the words but I really like the idea.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Guru
    Thanks all for viewing and commenting.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Bump, such an incredible skin it would be.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandererchan View Post
    Really cool skin concept. I approve. The problem will be if tencent approve it, being he is Chinese god.
    The gods origins have nothing to do with skins, Bastet is Egyptian got a Japanese skin, Serqet is Egyptian got a brit skin, Xbal is Mayan got a chinese skin, i can go on forever with skins that don't match their gods thats what they are, they are skin just different takes on them and or Costumes and personas they take on for fun of it, they are Gods after all .

Anyways to comment on the skin itself I would have to insta buy this if it were a thing, because I LOVE STEAMPUNK SO MUCH.