Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why o why [Odin]

Member Worshipper TheSwimmingCat's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

why o why [Odin]

lets talk odin, probably the weakest warrior in smite (at least the weakest in my opinion). looking at the spl games odin has been a part of, in most cases he was one of the reasons the team that picked him lost. here is why he is so terrible:
    • odin has 0 damage on his 3
    • he has one of the easiest to dodge abilities as his main ability
    • half of the gods can just jump/teleport out of the ring
    • all his damage requires him to blow both his escape and his sustain
    • his passive is impossible to get the full use of
    • and on top of all that for some reason hi-rez decided to give him the lowest defence of all warriors.

I don't want to see him get reworked again, but I would like to see some major buffs. I would suggest:
    • give him average base protections for warriors
    • give his 3 either a hard cc (silence / disarm / my personal favorite cripple) and/or damage
    • give him more attack speed (make him a semi-aa'er like chaac and swk)

I think if they buffed him in all these 3 areas that he will be viable, otherwise I see almost no hope for the all father.
    I don't like being squishy, I prefer being a raid boss

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I actually would like a short cripple on his 3... it would make sense with his ult.
    However, I think Odin isn't as bad as you are saying, and his 3 is actually quite useful as he is.

I think the main thing they should change is his passive. It doesn't really match too much with his kit.. strange considering it gives attack.. I just think there is better things.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I like the idea of turning him back into a basic attack warrior, but to do so you’d first need to reduce the base and scaling off his 1 + 2. Having perfect wave clear so early, while scaling well into the late game, just doesn’t feel fair.

Member Worshipper TheSwimmingCat's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    I like the idea of turning him back into a basic attack warrior, but to do so you’d first need to reduce the base and scaling off his 1 + 2. Having perfect wave clear so early, while scaling well into the late game, just doesn’t feel fair.
    although I do agree the scaling of the 1+2 should be reduced when these changes would be made, but remember that odin has 0 lane sustain since he has no healing/true dmg mitigation
    I don't like being squishy, I prefer being a raid boss

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    He does have his shield though, which is almost as good as a heal.

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Please no more basic attack gods..pleaseQQ

It's not really as good as healing.. but it's very useful. Which is why I think Odin is really tanky even though he lacks protections.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TenWildAbras View Post
    Please no more basic attack gods..pleaseQQ

It's not really as good as healing.. but it's very useful. Which is why I think Odin is really tanky even though he lacks protections.
    How I build odin his basics hit like a bitch and very strong when played with a coordnated team otherwise kinda crap.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I've lately taken to Odin and I've had quite a few good games with him. His 1+2 is a pretty good combo and his 2 alone is a good wave clear.
    His passive could use a rework; it relies too much on using his ult, which is quite underpowered. Reducing attack speed isn't enough; what Odin needs is CC immunity and the effects on his old ult like an increase in protections, and even so there should be an AoE that reaches just outside the spears and could reduce both attack and movement speed.
    He does very good tanky ; building boobplate, jotunn's wrath, and then runeforged hammer gives him ample power to squash a Serqet into the ground and make sure she doesn't get up.
    His 3 lacks power quite a lot, but that slow can be super helpful. I think it should be changed to a cripple though to balance out its damage output.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Didn't they just give Odin a small buff in last patch. I don't what people are smoking when you say he weak. I had assault today. Odin jumping into group of us and watching people health just melt to close to half of their life. He pretty strong to me.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Build Odin for AAs.

Bam. Profit.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.