Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun Wukong Needs A Buff.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    The problem with Wukong's kit is that the skill ceiling is so low you have to bend your neck to select him. You go in, you 2, you 1 (order doesn't matter), if it's a big deal you ult in or out some more, then you're done, likely without anyone under half HP. Cycling 3, tremor on 1, and commanding your copy (which it won't be insultingly obvious is a copy) from atop your mobile cloud adds a ton of tactical depth to his current nothing.

Which direction would it be better to cycle? I feel like Bull, Tiger, Bird is best, despite feeling wrong in the way reading right-to-left does.
    I think you just wrapped up the whole fail in SWK's kit.
    His skill ceiling sucks, a very low tier/skill God.
    -
    On top of that, he is EXTREMELY predictable. You can see the 3-2-1 combo come from a mile away and if you have a brain you could dodge them all.
    There really seems to be no skill or real mechanics involved in his kit.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackness View Post
    I think you just wrapped up the whole fail in SWK's kit.
    His skill ceiling sucks, a very low tier/skill God.
    -
    On top of that, he is EXTREMELY predictable. You can see the 3-2-1 combo come from a mile away and if you have a brain you could dodge them all.
    There really seems to be no skill or real mechanics involved in his kit.
    And for that skill level he is amazing.
    Play against SWK in support lane, just once, and you'll realize why he hasn't been buffed yet.
    He's a SUPPORT WARRIOR.
    People just cant get it through their heads that not every warrior has to have epic damage, some can lean more towards tanky-control.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    So you're saying that Wukong is strong, but takes no skill, and therefore he should remain the same?

Wukong is pathetic. The rare times I see anyone playing him, he's not a threat. He tries his very hardest to matter, and everyone just steps out of his 2's range or outright ignores it and continues ripping into his team. I don't ACTUALLY recall seeing Wukong get a kill, but he can only pick off the weakest of runners.
    Warriors may not all need damage (nevermind that Wukong's lore would put that WAY above his support ability), but they need CC in lieu of it. Chaac can self-heal massive amounts with an AoE slow and silence and knock up in a giant AoE for an extremely long duration. Tyr can shove any number of opponents wherever he wants them to go, pop them all up, and self-heal. Osiris, Hercules, even Guan's ult, every warrior has way better CC than Wukong, and usually better tank.
    Wukong should allow the precision and flexibility of an assassin with the tank to stick with a charge, at the cost of needing more than two hits to kill a target. Properly tuned, Wukong's the guy you want leading every charge, instead of the joke the enemy team wanders past after a mildly annoying popup.

Warriors aren't Guardians. They're meant to be a varying balance of tank, offensive support, and damage, really covering the widest range of ambiguity in the game now that mages are so consistent. If they were Guardians, they'd have better CC, and also be meaningless because we already have Guardians. The Warrior nerf lost a tremendous amount of understanding there.
    Last edited by CaptainDoomsday; 04-08-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    if he is rly meant to be a support warrior, they must change the dark lord skin
    a dark lord never plays support.. lol.
    he was good at everything. cc,damage,defense,mobility... this is what makes his kit bad and needs a rework.
    they wanted him to be good at everything, he became op.
    so they decided to make him weak at everything, exept mobility.
    imagine a god that can do everything... should never exist.
    Last edited by GoldenSkill; 04-08-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    No? LOL
    He's so strong and has a huge defense and huge amount of damage,why would you buff him?
    I'd say nerf him a bit

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDoomsday View Post
    So you're saying that Wukong is strong, but takes no skill, and therefore he should remain the same?

Wukong is pathetic. The rare times I see anyone playing him, he's not a threat. He tries his very hardest to matter, and everyone just steps out of his 2's range or outright ignores it and continues ripping into his team. I don't ACTUALLY recall seeing Wukong get a kill, but he can only pick off the weakest of runners.
    Warriors may not all need damage (nevermind that Wukong's lore would put that WAY above his support ability), but they need CC in lieu of it. Chaac can self-heal massive amounts with an AoE slow and silence and knock up in a giant AoE for an extremely long duration. Tyr can shove any number of opponents wherever he wants them to go, pop them all up, and self-heal. Osiris, Hercules, even Guan's ult, every warrior has way better CC than Wukong, and usually better tank.
    Wukong should allow the precision and flexibility of an assassin with the tank to stick with a charge, at the cost of needing more than two hits to kill a target. Properly tuned, Wukong's the guy you want leading every charge, instead of the joke the enemy team wanders past after a mildly annoying popup.

Warriors aren't Guardians. They're meant to be a varying balance of tank, offensive support, and damage, really covering the widest range of ambiguity in the game now that mages are so consistent. If they were Guardians, they'd have better CC, and also be meaningless because we already have Guardians. The Warrior nerf lost a tremendous amount of understanding there.
    D00d, until you've fought Wukong support (or even played it, for that matter) you cannot say anything.

I personally feel Wupport is very strong.

Again, HE'S A SUPPORT WARRIOR.
    People ignore that HE HAS THE CC OF A GUARDIAN.
    Once you get that through your skull, you'll realize why Wukong hasn't been buffed.

Why do you think Guan does so good yet people think he's shit?
    Play him support and you can't beat it.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    D00d, until you've fought Wukong support (or even played it, for that matter) you cannot say anything.

I personally feel Wupport is very strong.

Again, HE'S A SUPPORT WARRIOR.
    People ignore that HE HAS THE CC OF A GUARDIAN.
    Once you get that through your skull, you'll realize why Wukong hasn't been buffed.

Why do you think Guan does so good yet people think he's shit?
    Play him support and you can't beat it.
    Stop just stop.
    Everybody has seen a wukong support and he's not different.
    Wukong is not FULLY a support warrior which was the problem i stated in the original post.
    -
    The problem is that SWK doesn't have a fully and complete designated role. His kit is all over the place which makes him really bad.
    SWK can't be much of a support warrior until they give his knockup on his 2 back.
    -
    A point blank slow, and a unreliable and easily dodge-able 3 is not a good support. SWK has no defined role.

Achievements:
    Stop just stop.
    Everybody has seen a wukong support and he's not different.
    Wukong is not FULLY a support warrior which was the problem i stated in the original post.
    -
    The problem is that SWK doesn't have a fully and complete designated role. His kit is all over the place which makes him really bad.
    SWK can't be much of a support warrior until they give his knockup on his 2 back.
    -
    A point blank slow, and a unreliable and easily dodge-able 3 is not a good support. SWK has no defined role.
    Neither does Fenrir.
    Dude, PLAY THE FUCKING GAME. Not every god has to INSTANTLY KILL every other fucking god. SWK is a good god, but you cant seem to accept that.

Not this, weak that, NO DEFINED ROLE.

Play the game, please, play it ONCE.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Neither does Fenrir.
    Dude, PLAY THE FUCKING GAME. Not every god has to INSTANTLY KILL every other fucking god. SWK is a good god, but you cant seem to accept that.

Not this, weak that, NO DEFINED ROLE.

Play the game, please, play it ONCE.
    Why are we comparing SWK with other Gods?
    Noone is talking about God's needing to instantly kill other Gods nor did I say he wasn't a good God.
    -
    This about him being very underrated due to his kit being over all of the place or "Jack of all trades".
    This isn't up for discussion, either you understand that SWK needs a change or you don't. Stop pretending there isn't a problem here as other members on here obviously see one too.

Achievements:
    Why are we comparing SWK with other Gods?
    Noone is talking about God's needing to instantly kill other Gods nor did I say he wasn't a good God.
    -
    This about him being very underrated due to his kit being over all of the place or "Jack of all trades".
    This isn't up for discussion, either you understand that SWK needs a change or you don't. Stop pretending there isn't a problem here as other members on here obviously see one too.
    THERE ISNT A GODDAMNED PROBLEM.

Look.

The ONLY REASON people think SWK is bad is because he has low damage compared to other warriors.
    Look at his CC compared to other warriors: Much easier to confirm, much stronger, much more versatile.
    Guan? Slow, stun. 2/3 are tied to his ult.
    Herc? Push, Pull. Hard to confirm.
    Bellona: Disarm, Slow, Stun. Bitch is broken either way.
    Osiris, Slow, Stun, Heal reduction. Difficult to confirm, only effective on one person at a time.
    Vamana: Slow. Strong, easy to confirm, but only one.
    Chaac: Silence, Slow. Easy to confirm, but tied to either his ult or an ability necessary for other tasks.
    Odin: Slow, Heal reduction, Block (movement block, that is). Easy to confirm, but quite weak.
    SWK: Slow, Stun, Knockup. Easy to confirm, but generally few targets.

You see? His CC is high, even among warriors. Some GUARDIANS have less CC than Wukong (Athena, for starters).

Just because a god is all over the place doesn't make him weak.
    There isn't a problem. You wanna know why?

SWK was nerfed, quite a while ago. He's never been buffed. Yet, magically, he still does well. He's the best Warrior for support, bar maybe a skilled Guan, his solo is unbeatable if you know what you're doing, he's not to shabby at ganking, his survivability is literally THE HIGHEST OF ANY GOD IN THIS GAME.

Yes, I forgot to mention SWK has the literal highest survivability in this game. No wonder the rest of his kit is lackluster, if he did good damage he'd be overpowered. He can already deal some pretty mean damage if you do it right.

Tyr: Push, Knockup, Slow.