Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Smite low fps and stuttering fix

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Hey... sooo I do exactly what u said to do but then i wanted to check the settings and i was surprised that the game have changed my settings back to normal.. HOW CAN I PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN??

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Wiwwil's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Any season 4 fix?

I feel like lots of things changed. Especially when i play gods like Ullr/Ao, i often lose 20-30 FPS

I sort of found a fix... It won't be pretty, but the game never ran so well. Until someone cares and adresses this problem, you can play the game in Safe Mode. At the launcher, click the settings button on the upper side, right and then select "Launch game in safe mode". It will look like a 2000s game, but you can be competitive again.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    This post should be sticky. My game was on the lowest settings and still I had fps issues, now I'm on medium/high settings with only particles on low, and have no fps problems at all. Thank you for this guide.

Hey Folks, my fps is really bad but the thing is, I've previously tried this and it works, I've previously manage to remove all the unwanted shit and my FPS skyrocketed. But, now for some reason the system wont recognize the changed DetailMode. When I start the game, World Details are automatically at Low/minimum despite my having already changed the DetailMode= to 0. The odd thing is, it recognizes other changes, for example, when I change the shadows in the config file, the ingame settings are changed to reflect this. That is, the in game shadow settings goes to custom. I've tried everything and nothing I do allows me to set my own custom World Details. Thanks for the assist.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Hello!

This thread should be fixed on top with "sticky", should not? It helped me a lot and helped everyone else that is getting the same issue as me and as everyone here.

Fix it up, please.

Thank-you since now.

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Saikouku View Post
    Hey Folks, my fps is really bad but the thing is, I've previously tried this and it works, I've previously manage to remove all the unwanted shit and my FPS skyrocketed. But, now for some reason the system wont recognize the changed DetailMode. When I start the game, World Details are automatically at Low/minimum despite my having already changed the DetailMode= to 0. The odd thing is, it recognizes other changes, for example, when I change the shadows in the config file, the ingame settings are changed to reflect this. That is, the in game shadow settings goes to custom. I've tried everything and nothing I do allows me to set my own custom World Details. Thanks for the assist.
    I am having the same issue as you. I keep my World Detail on Minimum and I change the settings in the .ini files. It worked, but graphics stay really bad. Without it, I cannot play because it keeps stuttering as hell.

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrologic View Post
    This post should be sticky. My game was on the lowest settings and still I had fps issues, now I'm on medium/high settings with only particles on low, and have no fps problems at all. Thank you for this guide.
    You are so lucky! With most of settings set on Medium / High my FPS keeps dropping and the game keeps stuttering as before.

But you are right, this thread should be sticky. It helped me a lot!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Jinsoyan's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't have lag problem I have stuttering problem for example let's say I play on EU server and my average ping is 50-60 70 at max even tho the connection is really good my character keeps stuttering like it's something with connection, but it's not. It turns out I have smoother gameplay with 160 ping on NA than with 50-70 ping on EU, is there fix or it's server issue?

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsoyan View Post
    I don't have lag problem I have stuttering problem
    stuttering or rubberbanding is caused by packet loss (an interruption in the connection). It could be the server dropping packets because its breaking, which everyone in the game would be affected at the same time the same way - so its obvious when it happens.

If its just happening to you then your route to the server is at fault, and thats a hard/impossible problem for you or hi-rez to fix because neither of you own the route. You can try bitching at your ISP, but you'd need to show some trace logs of the packet loss happening on their backbone somewhere, and even then they won't see your issue with a video game as a serious problem that they should need their techs to rush out and fix.

It could be working better on the servers farther away from you because of a higher latency maybe gives more tolerance from lag compensation or the route is stable.

If your entire screen is stuttering then its because your video card is overheating or your video card is running out of memory. For the heat problem... clean it. For the memory problem you need to reduce texture size (resolution) to something that can properly fit on your cards memory.