Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Smite low fps and stuttering fix

New Member Cupidhead HiddenBlack's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoth View Post
    Is this still working? it seems that a few patches ago, every time I change it (without touching the game settings) and restart the game, it roll backs the changes to DetailMode 2 or 1.
    Yeah.. Is it?

New Member Cupidhead DeanCarstairs's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Problem

I did what you said but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Do I have to change all the numbers to 60000000 or just the one? My fps seems to be staying around 40 but sometimes drops to 30's.

New Member Cupidhead LordFreiza's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    My setting keep reverting themselves, but only partially. This causes the plants on the siege map to become massive and distorted, blocking the entire screen. This appears to happen randomly as i can find no specific cause.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Works beautifully for me, thanks <3 Helped with the random fps drops and stuttering.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I know this is necroing but it's a useful thread, the reason I'm necroing this is because I did this too and it reset my settings this patch so maybe it did for others too.

New Member Cupidhead HiisokaHxH's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by Adr1anP3laj View Post
    ***UPDATE 11.7.2015

Hey guys, I decided to make my first forum post just to share with you all my fix for the very problematic low fps or in my case fps drops in smite. I didn't find anything like this on the web so here it is. I don't know how many of you noticed, but if you change your world detail settings from medium to low it's a 100fps difference.. atleast for me it went from 50fps to 150 or more. Hi rez developers you absolute studs..

But ofcourse I didn't wanna play with low settings as it looked horrible without the fog and all the major visuals of the game. So I was wondering what could possibly hog so much fps, at first I thought it was the fog, since the low world details disables the fog completly.. but after some googling I found out it was actually the grass/foilage. Escpecially the foilage in the Siege map, that's where my fps would drop massively.
    So I tried to find a fix that would disable all the extra bushes, plants and leaves whilst still keeping the fog and all the other visuals to the max ( since those didn't really effect my fps ).

Anyways, to do that I had to change some variables in the game's .ini file, the one that stores all the game's or should i say unreal engine 3 settings.

The file can be found here: C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\My Games\Smite\BattleGame\Config

The file you wanna open is BattleSystemSettings.ini, now I suggest backing up the entire Config folder just in case you would want to revert the settings back.
    Open the file up and press ctrl+F, type in DetailMode= and start searching, change the variable to 0 for every line you find, there should be multiple.
    Then press up ctrl+F again and type in bAllowFog= and change all the lines you find to True.
    If you want you can also enable motion blur, it wont make your fps better but I don't think it makes it worse either. I personally think it looks good in game. To do that just ctrl+F and find MotionBlur= and change it from False to True.

***For this fix to work with the new arena map, ctrl+F and search for SpeedTreeWind= and change it to False.

That should be it, all the extra foilage will now be gone, but all the good visuals like the model render distance and fog will stay on maximum ( ofcourse make sure you put the world detail setting to what you want before you do this guide, I keep mine on maximum ). When you go ingame you'll now see the world detail is set as "custom". Don't change this as it will revert what you just did after a restart of the game.

I also highly advise you set particle detail to low, this will keep you from dropping fps and stuttering in big team fights.

Here you can see the fps difference in the top right corner and also the removal of foilage.
    Before: s1.postimg.org/7ap9gc727/image.jpg
    After: s1.postimg.org/campoacov/image.jpg

-[Frame cap and Vsync]-

Now head back into the config folder and open up BattleEngine.ini, ctrl+F and search for MaxSmoothedFrameRate= ..it should say 150.000000, that means the game is capped at 150 fps, we want to cap it at 60 so just change the numbers to 60.000000. I guess you could skip this step if you already use a software for capping frames such as Msi Afterburner's RivaTuner. But I still think the game's inbuilt capping system works better.. up to you. Capping the fps gets rid of the mouse input lag when using Vsync. On that point, keep the game's Vsync ON to prevent screen tearing.

I hope this guide helped atleast some of you

-Another thing to keep in mind is the alt+tabing in this game. If you alt+tab out and in the game sometimes your fps will lower itself by half. I think it's because the game opens up with integrated graphics instead of your GPU. To fix this make sure you have Aero theme enabled, this prevents the switching of cpu and gpu since the Aero makes the desktop run on your gpu.
    Heey, i cannot fine MaxSmoothedFrameRate. if i type it it says it doesnt exist can u help me?

Junior Member Cupidhead Yodenko's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    This is amazing! Thank you very much for this <3. Such an easy tweak to get way more performance out of smite without changing the settings to eye-cancer .

Yodenko

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Not great

Quote Originally Posted by Yodenko View Post
    This is amazing! Thank you very much for this <3. Such an easy tweak to get way more performance out of smite without changing the settings to eye-cancer .

Yodenko
    I tried this and it made my smite look like I was looking through a glass shower door with water on it. It looks horrible in arena so probably skip the motion blur setting.

I reverted to my settings because it looked so bad. I think I will try it again.

Anyone that has their settings keep reverting. You must not have the game open while changing the settings.

Member Worshipper IXBlackWolfXI's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 678
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    My fps drops occured in the god selection area where it was rendering all the player's models before the match. The other was in assault when the first team fight broke out, probably caused by all the abilities going off by 10 different people. Note that this would only happen the first fight, the rest of the game it ran fine (well, as good as it normally did).

My problem is the character models it seems. And for me, turning down all the graphics made virtually no difference. Well, the shadow quality made a difference. But I still had the fps drops. The only solution I could find was to turn off the models in the selection area so my comp wouldn't even try to render them.

Honestly, I suspect my problem was a crappy internet connection. When I watch youtube, I can run the videos at 480p easily, but when my mother is online too, the videos won't even run at 144p. Obviously I just don't have the connection and the only thing that can fix this is getting better internet, which we can not afford. He had to cancel our television a few months ago. I assure you, we can't afford better internet. And no, I don't have the game installed so I can test anything, And I have no intention of doing so. All I'm saying is, this isn't a fix-all for everyone.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I have tried those but haven't really worked out for me. Even tho I have an onboard graphic board (ewwwwwww) my problem was the overheating. I bought some special desk with extra coolers and that helped me a lot, I haven't lost FPS as I used to. (I use a laptop btw).