Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite low fps and stuttering fix

Senior Member Honoured Adr1anP3laj's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    Apparently if I don't check mark vsync i'll have 150 fps and feels like shreading my screen D=

on game, I have 60 fps when vsync is on, 16.2 ms <-- what is that? and 120 ping on average, I play NA.

When I don't have vsync on, it's 150 fps, 6.6 ms and 130 ping I believe.
    Vsync on or off does not effect your ping, it's probably the server or your internet if you're having high numbers there.
    I have a similar number of 16.6ms response time with Vsync on, it's considered better to have this number as low as possible.. but the reason it's higher is becuase of the vsync, like I said.. it gives input lag. But you'll counter that completly if you cap the frames to 60
    It's not gonna show this game, but you'll have a better response time than 6.6ms with vsync on + capped frames. ( or atleast the same )

Senior Member Honoured Ramenyolo's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    True that. It seems like vsync if it's off, makes the fps back to 150 tho

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    True that. It seems like vsync if it's off, makes the fps back to 150 tho
    Well yeah ofc ^^ That doesn't mean vsync lowers it to 60, it synchronizes your FPS with your monitor's refresh rate, which is 60hz. This way it gets rid of the screen tears.

Look, in any given scenario.. you WILL get screen tears without Vsync. Don't mind the "loss" of fps since you won't notice the difference between 60 and 150fps anyways.

And don't forget to cap your frames to 60 after you enabled Vsync!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adr1anP3laj View Post
    Now head back into the config folder and open up BattleEngine.ini, ctrl+F and search for MaxSmoothedFrameRate= ..it should say 150.000000, that means the game is capped at 150 fps, we want to cap it at 60 so just change the numbers to 60.000000. I guess you could skip this step if you already use a software for capping frames such as Msi Afterburner's RivaTuner. But I still think the game's inbuilt capping system works better.. up to you.
    Last edited by Adr1anP3laj; 04-05-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Adr1anP3laj View Post
    Yeah that should work just fine. If you did everything right your fps ingame should be at a constant 60.

My pc specs are good, it's just that the game engine Smite runs on is old and Hi rez developers made sure you have unnecessary settings turned ON I've read online even people with cards like gtx780 are having trouble with fps in smite.
    I have a windofrce 760 4gb, I run smite in 4k, 85fps unless a gold fury explodes right in the camera, or a sylv flower releases the pollen effect right in the camera.

It's likely something to do with smite disliking certain pcs, people having too many processes going, people without enough ram/vram, or guys with major cards but bad processors.

New Member Cupidhead ChilledMike's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I cant find the MaxSmoothedFrameRate=, any help? That seems very important to change

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I did this and now it performs much better. Was getting random fps drops when streaming at 1080p and alt tabbing fast, but with the tweaks applies it is way more stable.
    Had to turn off vsync, IMO my vsync screws me over. If I have it, it caps at 60fps, without it, 150fps.
    Also I don't see the image tearing without the vsync. Maybe my tv doesn't adapt well because I use an escalation on the resoultion to get 1080p to the full tv.
    Anyway, thank you.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 869
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    I did your guide and it works for me too. But I was wondering, what happens if I do the same with DefaultEngine.ini and DefaultSystemSettings.ini?
    They can usually be found in: c:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\BattleGame\Config\

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Thanks a lot homie , it really improved my fps . Also i'm using Razor Cortex booster , and the program helps a lot aswell .

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Syelle View Post
    I did your guide and it works for me too. But I was wondering, what happens if I do the same with DefaultEngine.ini and DefaultSystemSettings.ini?
    They can usually be found in: c:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\BattleGame\Config\
    Give it a try, if anything goes bad you can always revert it back

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGun9 View Post
    Thanks a lot homie , it really improved my fps . Also i'm using Razor Cortex booster , and the program helps a lot aswell .
    No probs, glad it helped The removed foilage really does make a big fps difference.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Is this still working? it seems that a few patches ago, every time I change it (without touching the game settings) and restart the game, it roll backs the changes to DetailMode 2 or 1.