Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Smite low fps and stuttering fix

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Thanks, really helpful thread.

I'm usually reluctant to pick in the .ini files of online games, but the fact that a mod had no concerns and you still not banned suggests that it's ok. Let the tweakin' begin!
    Slowly learning to play Conquest. Probably one day I will.
    Reincarnation is a wonderful gift.

Senior Member Honoured Adr1anP3laj's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanitis View Post
    Thanks, really helpful thread.

I'm usually reluctant to pick in the .ini files of online games, but the fact that a mod had no concerns and you still not banned suggests that it's ok. Let the tweakin' begin!
    Yeah no worries, modifying the file wont get you in trouble or banned. All you do is tweak the graphic options.

Make sure you play with windows aero enabled so you're always on your GPU card. It seemed to help me with Smite.
    P.s. Alt+tab -ing in and out of the game can sometimes mess up your fps, I don't know what causes it but it can be fixed by going in and out a couple more times until it goes back to normal. Just avoid alt+tab with Smite in general

Senior Member Honoured Ramenyolo's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    So does this guide lower chances of fps drop correct? What about ping? Any change?

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    So does this guide lower chances of fps drop correct? What about ping? Any change?
    Yeah more fps and less likely to get drops since you'll be capped at 60 No change with ping, this only modifies the graphics.
    Your gameplay will overall feel a lot more smooth though so I guess that helps.

Achievements:
    So, in smite option for the settings, do I "check" mark the V-sync? I have the same thing as rainbow.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    So, in smite option for the settings, do I "check" mark the V-sync? I have the same thing as rainbow.
    Vsync will lower your frame rate.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    So.... do I keep it on or off?

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Off.

/10char
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Achievements:
    Keep the vsync ON. If you don't, you'll have massive screen tearing. Try it out yourself, put the vsync off and rotate around ingame, you'll see distinctive horizontal lines on your screen. Vsync caps the framerate to 60, but while doing so it also gives you input lag ( your mouse will react slower ). To counter this, you need to cap the frames in the game's .ini like it says in the guide or use some kind of software.

Another option is to play in windowed fullscreen mode and have the windows aero theme enabled, no need for Vsync then since the GPU takes care of the screen tears. Though playing like this will cost you some fps since the graphics card needs to render the game and desktop at once.

-windows 7 aero theme = desktop runs on GPU -your graphics card -> no screen tears
    -windows 7 basic theme = desktop runs on CPU -integrated graphics -> screen tears

Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    It doesn't lower it, only caps it to 60 to prevent stuttering. It's gonna lower if you're playing on a potato computer with <60fps. No need for vsync at that point anyway.
    Last edited by Adr1anP3laj; 04-04-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Achievements:
    Apparently if I don't check mark vsync i'll have 150 fps and feels like shreading my screen D=

on game, I have 60 fps when vsync is on, 16.2 ms <-- what is that? and 120 ping on average, I play NA.

When I don't have vsync on, it's 150 fps, 6.6 ms and 130 ping I believe.