Thread: Noobie mage help

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Noobie mage help

I'm new to Smite(and MOBAs) and I was wondering what a mage(especially Scylla) should do.
    Usually I start mid or solo(the right lane, if I'm right), but the rest is like a leap in the dark. Basically I stay behind and root -> crush them and i know there's something else to do, but don't know what.

Any tip will be appreciated.

Senior Member Chosen GodlySparta's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Scylla Guide
    Build a lot of magical power and you should see that your damage will become extraordinary. Damage is key with Scylla although solo Scylla is not recommended. Her Ultimate should be used if many enemies are at low health. It will kill almost everyone. For solo particularly, stay near your tower and farm and don''t care if there are other enemy gods. Scylla can't really do that because her farm skill has long cooldown. Her 3rd skill is more focused on chasing rather than escaping. Use Scylla to JUNGLE. For mages, you need to stay from behind and cast your skills like crazy (don't do that). Damage is really key with mages. Certain mages can heal which helps with support. The heal usually incorporates Magical Power so whatever you do build a lot of Magical Power. The mage does a lot of damage from behind but unlike hunter, their damage is more focused on their skills rather than basic attacks. Some mages are melee so be warned. They are Freya and Ao Kuang.
    Last edited by GodlySparta; 03-30-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    If you see this signature it either means, 1. I've been here and said something random about your thread. 2. I've replies to your post 3. This is my thread or 4. You've ranted something about Ares and I don't like it.

Newest God/Goddess Concept:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...kness-(rework)

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I'm using(from the first I buy to the last):
    -Shoes of the magi
    -Chronos' pendant
    -Rod of Tahuti
    -Bancroft's talon
    -Obsidian shard
    -Gem of isolation

Use Scylla to JUNGLE.
    I guess this means stay in the jungle and help the lanes with Sick'em, am I right?
    Someone told me to do "support", is it the same thing?

EDIT: Oh, forgot. That "jump" with space bar makes me dodge some attack or something, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Litupallo; 03-31-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    [QUOTE=Litupallo;303165]I'm using(from the first I buy to the last):
    -Shoes of the magi
    -Chronos' pendant
    -Rod of Tahuhttp://forums.smitegame.com/reputation.php?do=addreputation&p=303165ti
    -Bancroft's talon
    -Obsidian shard
    -Gem of isolation

That build is perfectly fine for scylla. She just needs nothing but power.

Senior Member Chosen GodlySparta's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Litupallo View Post
    I'm using(from the first I buy to the last):
    -Shoes of the magi
    -Chronos' pendant
    -Rod of Tahuti
    -Bancroft's talon
    -Obsidian shard
    -Gem of isolation

I guess this means stay in the jungle and help the lanes with Sick'em, am I right?
    Someone told me to do "support", is it the same thing?

EDIT: Oh, forgot. That "jump" with space bar makes me dodge some attack or something, doesn't it?
    Support means have them carry you or help them get carried. To jungle is to disappear from the map and gank/ ambush unsuspecting enemies. You should be there where all the action is not when there is none. The reason I said jungle is because she has the potential to gank people a lot with her 3 especially. You trap them then kill them that's ganking. Although it must be a surprise attack. The person probably recognized you as a beginner and told you to help out without dying. Knowing that you can jungle is really helpful.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Do not build Gem of Isolation on Scylla, its not worth the gold.
    Go for:
    Vampiric Shroud
    Boots of the Magi
    Chronos Pendant or Book of Thoth or Warlocks Sash if you can deal without the Mp5 form Chronos
    Bancrofts or Divine Ruin if needed
    Obsidian Shard
    Rod of Tahuti
    Sell Shroud for Soul Reaver

You can buy them in this order and you may switch Bancrofts for a stacking item if you got Chronos over Book or Sash.

If you see yourself struggling vs the enemy jungler, go for Breastplate of Valor 3rd item.(if he is physical, obviously)

In early stages of the game, you'll want help from your jungle to clear your waves and also help him clearing buff camps, that compensates for your abyssmal early clear, you still get a lot of exp and both of you have more time for ganks.
    Try to get the lasthits on your enemies and dont feel bad because you just stole a kill from your jungle with your crush, if you team actually knows what they are doing, they will be glad for a fed scylla that reached her lategame ASAP.

Staying behind and rooting-> crushing people is the right thing to do, as you do not want to show up at teamfights anyway, that doesnt mean you shouldnt participating tho. But dont just present yourself to your enemies. This applies to all mages. Dont even show up at teamfights if possible, snipe people through walls etc.

What Godlysparta meant with jungle was, i assume, you should gank as often as possible other lanes, if you got the time for that. Its not worth rotating to another lane, not getting any kills or assists and skipped a whole minionwave on mid, that will just set you behind. Thats why i wrote you'll want to do anythign with your jungler, as you get more time for ganks etc.

And no, you cant dodge certain abilities by jumping, thats just something purely cosmetic.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Scylla gets good at around level 5.

Also as a mage whenever you push a minion wave under the enemy tower you should then do your ganks(solo or duo lanes).

Also announce to your team when the enemy Mid leaves lane or backs.