Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Please allow user chosen images for Avatars and Signatures

Junior Member Cupidhead Psychevore's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The biggest problem with allowing custom images for avatars and gifs is that Smite is still relatively small and Hi-Rez as a company is even smaller and moderating the forums takes manpower. Then you have thousands of people joining the forums and using whatever they like for gifs from a swastika to a pair of naked boobs bouncing and suddenly the moderators are so busy policing custom avatars and signatures that they forget to moderate the actual threads, forums and sub-forums and everything just goes to waste.

Personally, I'm against custom avatars. I come here for information and discussion about smite, I don't really care to know you're propot with an animated 420 Blaze It avatar or to see the same 10 gifs that have been around since the birth of the internet over and over. Stop trying to be a unique snow flake, pick a god you like, rock an avatar of it and discuss smite.

Limyc
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychevore View Post
    The biggest problem with allowing custom images for avatars and gifs is that Smite is still relatively small and Hi-Rez as a company is even smaller and moderating the forums takes manpower. Then you have thousands of people joining the forums and using whatever they like for gifs from a swastika to a pair of naked boobs bouncing and suddenly the moderators are so busy policing custom avatars and signatures that they forget to moderate the actual threads, forums and sub-forums and everything just goes to waste.

Personally, I'm against custom avatars. I come here for information and discussion about smite, I don't really care to know you're propot with an animated 420 Blaze It avatar or to see the same 10 gifs that have been around since the birth of the internet over and over. Stop trying to be a unique snow flake, pick a god you like, rock an avatar of it and discuss smite.
    I promise, it doesn't take nearly as much manpower as you seem to think. As long as the rules are made clear, 95% of users will follow them.

Source: I was a HiRez forum mod for 2 years.

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    I think the intent is for your icon here to be the same one of your in game account. (This was hinted at with the release of icons).

HiRez stated that these forums are not yet finished, and given how buggy the list of icons is, I would not be surprised if it changed to only allow you to select those icons you had purchased in game.

Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I just want my soviet Athena avatar Hirez please!

New Member Cupidhead Otterbatch's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Would love for custom avatars, with the choice of using the god portraits as an alternative.