Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cs:go

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Won a game and got demoted? Logic is OP in this game.

Never really understood the competitive side of shooters and I prefer the classic CS only because my classmates back in High School and myself were given the privilege to play it the entire class period because we were ahead of the other classes. Fun Times.
    Well, me neither, until it came to CS. It has such a high skill cap and a high skill floor (to even play).
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Well, me neither, until it came to CS. It has such a high skill cap and a high skill floor (to even play).
    in cs:go its so hard to shoot in head like in cs 1.6 and cs:s its was easy to shoot in the head but in cs:go theres huge difrence and alot harder also where i can see my competitive rank?
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 04-12-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    in cs:go its so hard to shoot in head like in cs 1.6 and cs:s its was easy to shoot in the head but in cs:go theres huge difrence and alot harder also where i can see my competitive rank?
    You can't, until the end of the match.

With that said, I just got BM'ed by a three 12 year olds for being new to CS. Not like they were any better. lmao
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    i just tried play competitive and i must say nope. dont want it xD also this is bs in cs:go i shot 4x times with deagle to a guy in the back from like 1meter away and it showed me i only managed land 1 hit on him..like wtf? the recoil is way too much in this game and yeah forgot to mention also that my teammates killed me like 6x times on purpose 5x times when i planted bomb
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 04-12-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    i just tried play competitive and i must say nope. dont want it xD also this is bs in cs:go i shot 4x times with deagle to a guy in the back from like 1meter away and it showed me i only managed land 1 hit on him..like wtf? the recoil is way too much in this game and yeah forgot to mention also that my teammates killed me like 6x times on purpose 5x times when i planted bomb
    If you were moving then that's likely the issue. You get a spread when you're moving, jumping or firing.

Also, welcome to low level CS.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Just because you have your crosshair perfectly alligned on your target does not really mean that you will hit him. The first shot accuracy of the Deagle is pretty good but you can not just mindlessly spam with it. The recoil reset time on the deagle is quite high (I think it is 1.62 seconds?).

Anyway, the crosshair in CS:GO is not exactly your representation of where you are going to hit your shots unlike Battlefield 4/Hardline. This album contains all recoil pattern from each weapon in the game.

Won a game and got demoted? Logic is OP in this game.
    Calling the game algorithm to determine and evaluate the skill of one player stupid or illogical is not really true
    from what I've seen. The explanation would be more along the lines of the visual representation of your rank which
    could be delayed and not shown instantly. On the other hand it does seem to weigh in performance based on each round
    in a match more than pure w/l ratio.

Either way Valve never really explained the ranking system as a whole and pretty much every game with a
    ranking system does have a problem or two.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    @Ijee
    It would be great to have some data to utilize to see how promotions work if winning a game demotes you. Unless of course if it factors accuracy of fire your weapon and/or how well you play with your team by conditional factors.

Actually it's great it takes things into consideration compared to a lot of games, but kinda disappoints when you win a game to be demoted for a vague reason.

Of course it makes me wonder if there is a CS:GO site like Smitestuff or something similar in game that would allow you to see what you need to improve and what you are sufficient in.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    There is only one stats website I know of which just shows the information available in-game (just overall stats) - nothing too fancy.

http://csgo-stats.com/

As far as I know the CS:GO API is very limited and does not provide as much information in comparison to Dota 2 or Smite.

EDIT: they are 'working' on it (6 months ago): link
    Last edited by Ijee; 04-13-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Achievements:
    @Ijee
    It would be great to have some data to utilize to see how promotions work if winning a game demotes you. Unless of course if it factors accuracy of fire your weapon and/or how well you play with your team by conditional factors.

Actually it's great it takes things into consideration compared to a lot of games, but kinda disappoints when you win a game to be demoted for a vague reason.

Of course it makes me wonder if there is a CS:GO site like Smitestuff or something similar in game that would allow you to see what you need to improve and what you are sufficient in.
    Like in Smite, you can't see the actual Elo. I did some reading and it seems like Elo is based off MVP's (only one person gets MVP per round, can get multiple times) and rounds won.

Achievements:
    Got demoted again... because I lost two matches... and I was top frag AND top MVP in both, on my team.

g fucking g. Might as well buy a boost service to get me out of Silver Hell.