Thread: Forum Feedback - March, 2015

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender

Forum Feedback - March, 2015

Hey all,

We've put together a feedback form to help gather your feedback about the Official SMITE forums, and help to improve it. Overall, it shouldn't take any longer than about 5 minutes to complete, so we would really appreciate you taking the time out to do so.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below.

GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Can I complain that HR did exactly what I said they would do in regards to the forums? Have some employee post a bunch for a week, and then slowly stop after about 2 weeks in an attempt to make us think they care? Because it was obvious, I called it, and it's honestly insulting. If they don't care about us beyond the most minimal amount possible at least own up to it.

Of course I could be off base, and they post tons in the sections I don't frequent. Places that aren't Pc discussion, god feedback, strategy, off topic, arts, and media, and all those silly sections.

Because I'm going to say that if I can. I mean they won't care, because I'm not from reddit, but it'll make me feel better.
    I made this god idea tell me how bad it is, yo!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ess-of-Disease

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNinjaBurger

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    You seem to think that Garrett posting was a ploy. It was more that he was new and had the time to do it. Unfortunately, that has now changed and his schedule is a lot busier.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    You seem to think that Garrett posting was a ploy. It was more that he was new and had the time to do it. Unfortunately, that has now changed and his schedule is a lot busier.
    All I"m saying is the timing was horribly suspicious. We just had that AMA where EC asked about why they ignore the forums, and then I said the above, and then lo, and behold he starts posting, and stops in accordance with what I wrote. I'm not saying it has to be a ploy. I'm just saying it's awfully...coincidental.

I feel passionately about the game. Maybe some people don't think so, or think me, my videos, and my skills are stupid, and terrible (they're right on 2 fronts I suppose) but I hate the fact that it feels like on the forum we're screaming into a void, and it doesn't matter what we say here. I remember a while back you were talking about talking to drybear about getting more HR focus, and people on the forums. We got more mods which is nice, but nothing official for HR.

It would honestly cost them very little to ask a half dozen employees to spend 5-10 minutes a day reading, and responding to posts on the forums. There is almost literally no way they can be that busy all the time that they can't spare that much time for the forums.

The official forums should not be an afterthought where we're forced to wonder if we matter in the slightest, or indeed at all. I don't want to be on reddit. I don't like it, and I hate that it's nothing, but a massive circle jerk at the best of times, that doesn't encourage discussion. I don't want to be forced into using it in order to feel like the company cares about what I have to say.

I realize that no one from the company does care what I have to say, but it's the principle of the thing really.

Again sorry for rambling.
    Last edited by Boatmurdered; 03-25-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatmurdered View Post
    All I"m saying is the timing was horribly suspicious. We just had that AMA where EC asked about why they ignore the forums, and then I said the above, and then lo, and behold he starts posting, and stops in accordance with what I wrote. I'm not saying it has to be a ploy. I'm just saying it's awfully...coincidental.
    I can assure you, EC had no impact whatsoever with their comment. Garrett started his role a few days after the AMA, thus the timing.

Plus, you cannot force people to post on the forums.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    I can assure you, EC had no impact whatsoever with their comment. Garrett started his role a few days after the AMA, thus the timing.

Plus, you cannot force people to post on the forums.
    I realize you can't make people do anything, but if they can't be bothered to care about us then what sort of message does that send? It doesn't matter they don't care so I"m done with it. I'll fill out the form for all the good that'll do.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,250
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Pretty sure you would know which feedback came from me

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GhostxGhost's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatmurdered View Post
    The official forums should not be an afterthought where we're forced to wonder if we matter in the slightest, or indeed at all. I don't want to be on reddit. I don't like it, and I hate that it's nothing, but a massive circle jerk at the best of times, that doesn't encourage discussion. I don't want to be forced into using it in order to feel like the company cares about what I have to say.
    I agree that Hi-Rez should take little more care of the forums. The unofficial Mods and veterans are doing great but we need to know that Hi-Rez employees heard our screams and knew of our issues with different aspects of the game.
    I never like reddit and it feels wrong and does not help with conversations I just created an account so that I can try to make my self heard if I needed.
    "Inherited will. Destiny of the age. The dreams of the people. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom. These things will never cease to be."
    -Gol D. Roger