Thread: Looking for Meta information

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points

Looking for Meta information

I am just wanting some info or links that can explain the reason why the meta is the way it is. I understand the current meta but I am having some trouble finding why exactly it is the way it is.
    (Duo - support & ADC, Mid - Mage, Solo - Warrior/Assassin, Jungle- Misc)
    I can see some of the advantages these hold, but I can't help feeling that knowing how the enemy team is going to most likely setup, and doing nothing different, is information that is waisted. I haven't thought too much on it and I am sure that there are bigger reasons that this Meta exists but no one I ask seems to have insight beyond "thats just how it is done."

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points

Achievements:
    Thanks HawkboyJr! Have some Rep! I still feel like this can be countered since it is still so closely followed but I will need a team that is willing to try some different stuff! I am going to do some thinking and maybe start a LFG tread once I have a few plans. I appreciate the post thanks!

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbers View Post
    Thanks HawkboyJr! Have some Rep! I still feel like this can be countered since it is still so closely followed but I will need a team that is willing to try some different stuff! I am going to do some thinking and maybe start a LFG tread once I have a few plans. I appreciate the post thanks!
    It can be countered. Actually, since you know exactly what your opponent is going to do, it becomes easy to make an anti-meta composition. However, it requires a team with good communication and experiwnce playing together is a good plus. It is hard to do with randoms and just 90 secs to plan it. I got some ideas. I am going to think about it and make thread later.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KFire View Post
    It can be countered. Actually, since you know exactly what your opponent is going to do, it becomes easy to make an anti-meta composition. However, it requires a team with good communication and experiwnce playing together is a good plus. It is hard to do with randoms and just 90 secs to plan it. I got some ideas. I am going to think about it and make thread later.
    Excellent! If you want to group up I am down! Just let me know!

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbers View Post
    Excellent! If you want to group up I am down! Just let me know!
    Sure thing