Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask The Staff - Week 2

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    How many of you go to gym?
    Univercity/school gym aside, I haven't stepped inside of an actual gym even once in my entire life. That aside, I do go hiking most days and I do pushups/wight training after my matches depending on my performance . I do skip both time to time, so I need to fix that. My "job" also requires a bit of heavy lifting from time to time. Really wanted to get into HEMA (Historic European Martial Arts... pretty much like LARP, without any of the bullshit) but there isn't a club/place to practice in my home town.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 03-13-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    i have technical question. if we have infraction warning etc do we look them up from somewhere or do they come to inbox?

also do you think moderation is difficult or boring or cool or what what are its bad sides? what is your relationship with this moderation thing. when you want to whine about it where do you whine?
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    How many of you go to gym?
    I wish I had the motivation to. But no, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Loulina View Post
    i have technical question. if we have infraction warning etc do we look them up from somewhere or do they come to inbox?

also do you think moderation is difficult or boring or cool or what what are its bad sides? what is your relationship with this moderation thing. when you want to whine about it where do you whine?
    You will receive a PM if you get a warning or an infraction. As for your second question, it's difficult at times, but mainly time consuming. I also wouldn't say it's boring, mainly because I can see how it improves the experience for the vast majority of users.

When I want to rage, I rage in the moderation Google chat. That shit doesn't need be public.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Bad sides of moderation are when there is no reports. 90% of the time, the lack of reports means that moderators checking through threads sometimes miss obvious things. Reporting threads or posts gives us a base to look at, so we can scan through the thread more reliably.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    Bad sides of moderation are when there is no reports. 90% of the time, the lack of reports means that moderators checking through threads sometimes miss obvious things. Reporting threads or posts gives us a base to look at, so we can scan through the thread more reliably.
    i didnt know. I was never doing the reporting. I did it only once or maybe twice when i was really angry with a post.It can be a more specific/technical thing,too of course. I see now.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    i didnt know. I was never doing the reporting. I did it only once or maybe twice when i was really angry with a post.It can be a more specific/technical thing,too of course. I see now.
    Correct - we're only human, we can't read everything. If you see something that you think should be brought to the attention of the moderators, please click the report button . The person reported doesn't know they've been reported, nor does it come back to you.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Pretty much what Alex said. I personally consider moderation as more of a hobby and not as an obligation.

Never really got into a situation where I needed to whine about the forum (at least as of now), but for that there is our top secret chat

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Moderating really is dependent. For me it'll be good, fun, or bad days.

It's only bad when I have to straighten up a lot of you whipper snappers by reminding some of yah of my CoC lawn.

Complaint wise, I just do it in the general group chat text thing.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GhostxGhost's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    How often do you play smite?? have you ever considered joining a team and compete for the Championship ??? if yes how you and your team went ??
    "Inherited will. Destiny of the age. The dreams of the people. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom. These things will never cease to be."
    -Gol D. Roger

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostxGhost View Post
    How often do you play smite?? have you ever considered joining a team and compete for the Championship ??? if yes how you and your team went ??
    1. About 5 hours a week.

2. Yes, but life got in the way.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes