Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Overclocking and How it can get you banned

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    So because you have a crap system in place, people who want to OC are instantly banned. Good Job on making anyone who has any processor that has an automatic "turbo boost" in their product unable to play this game.
    Last edited by WheezerX; 07-08-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead phatal808's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This is BS. How can you ban someone for doing something normal when it's your engine that is broken!? Shows lorez mentality.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Once again, the problem is that it isn't their engine. Hi-Rez did not build the engine from the ground up. Its a Unreal engine 3 issue, and Nearly all Unreal engine 3 games are affected by this issue. And to take it up a notch, this is more or less a MB-CPU time reporting issue then it is a Unreal Engine 3 issue.
    If I don't respond, try a Pm!
    I have been working on PCs since I was like, 7--And I still can't manage my HDD space wisely!

A única coisa que eu digo é que " esta ficando dificil jogar smite depois que a level up fez o server Brasileiro...digo isso pq foi a porta de entrada para esses problemas . Hoje temos SPEED HACK , AIM BOT e OVERCLOCKING e por ai vai ...ta difícil .

Junior Member Cupidhead Heddrix's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    HAHAHA! This post is legit the funniest shit ever. Like, Really? "overclocking makes you cooldowns appear faster then its set in the engine because you raise your computer performence" I hope you are trolling my dude. and hints up 70% of people having a own built rig running OC.

New Member Cupidhead ScaryPotter's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 364
    muy buenos días, el día de ayer fui baneado de manera injustificada, recuerdo que jugando una partida de arena había seleccionado a Artemisa y el juego me ha sacado al saltarme un error, un momento después inicie sesion de nuevo y me apareció un error de carga y abajo decía cuenta baneada y nadie me dice aun el por que.... ya el día de ayer he creado un tiket y tampoco me han dicho nada aun mi cuenta es DARK0929 y mi user name es Scarypotter, quien me pueda dar información muchas gracias

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I have the same problem, I never used overclock and I never used an of cheats and got banned for no reason. please help

New Member Cupidhead Inceneration's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    I'd like to bring to light an issue concerning Overclocking, why people are getting banned, and hopefully how you can prevent it.

Let's start by defining overclocking.

Overclocking is the act of raising your Computers "clock" cycles. (Your GHZ). This can be done by raising your Multipliers or by Adjusting your BLCK speed. It's much safer and stabler to raise your multipliers rather than your BLCK. By overclocking your machine, you're also making it run hotter, which is why you need aftermarket cooling (Either a better Heatsink, or a watercooling loop.)

Do not try to Overclock your computer unless you have the hardware and knowledge. You can OBLITERATE your CPU if you're not careful! If you must try to overclock, please visit overclock.net and follow one of their guides.

(Just to highlight this, When I built my computers, It took me about 15 hours each to make sure everything was safe after overclocking them)

Now, on to why people are getting banned for this.

There is apparently an issue with Intel processors where the firmware in the motherboard (MOBO) BIOS is not reporting settings and timings to the Unreal 3 Engine (which smite uses) correctly. Specifically, the older MOBOs and CPUs seem to be the culprits. Newer motherboards seem to be fine, so anything post 2012 appear to be safe. (I'm running an i7 3930k and an i7 2600k on higher end MOBOs, both above 4.4 ghz, they're running fine and safe for me)

What's actually happening with this overclocking issue is the game is literally running faster than it should be. Your movement speed, animations, and cooldowns happen faster than the server allows, resulting in an unintentional "Speed Hack"

You can tell if this problem is happening with you by simply looking at the start menu. If things have sped up noticeably, or your skill CD's are shorter than they should be, DO NOT PLAY SMITE, or you WILL get banned.

Here are a couple links where hirez has talking about this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen...es_confirm_an/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen..._twice/%5B1%5D

This is a blatant lie. Please remove this post from sticky.

Overclocking your PC WONT make a game think that you are speedhacking. Because your CPU are faster and your Ram are faster that doesnt make the engine ban you because it cant keep up. Getting banned for Overclocking your pc isnt possible since its all related to the internet speed which you have.
    Other words. Shitty engine shitty game. i enjoy the game tho. And ive had more than 4 computers older than 2012 overclocked never noticed a single speed up .. On the other hand.. running an I7-6700k OC to 4.4 ghz And the game is Slow as Sh*t. Optimize your game better and stop spreading lies around about Overclocking can get you banned.. it is simply not possible since the engine doesnt need the Time or anything stated from your motherboard. It is all done server sided. Nothing can change the Cooldowns or the runspeed of the game unless you are running an external program which changes the DLL files and the game server settings it self!

New Member Cupidhead techhead512012's Avatar
    This is an old thread and do not expect any answers on this but here goes.
    Originally I had a 300mbps wifi adapter on the pc smite, later switched to a 1 gig lan connection.
    Os is win10 64x pro 1803, 8 gig of ddr3 at 1333mhz, was overclocked at one point to 1660 mhz but due to some issues reset to 1333.
    Gtx 750 1 gig vram from a gtx 550 ti 1 gig vram.
    I do not run any hacks or bostes in or out of any games.
    But tonight when I started smite, I was stuck at the login screen for over 30 min. and had to exit out.
    Strange thing is I logged into paladins and realm royal with no issues on the same pc only a few hours before.
    I have a much more powerful system, faster cpu, more ram , better gpu etc. for more demanding games, but I keep this dinosaur
    just to play older games as space is limited.