Thread: Overclocking and How it can get you banned

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    banned for replace the cpu here, i agree, what a joke company

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    So this explains why my pc is overclocked to 5ghz with 2 amd 4ghz cards in sli clocked to 5.8 have never flagged me for any game ever.. Been here since Alpha

I have played this on my laptop on hotel wifi and never once had any probs anywhere in the 5 states i have been.
    Last edited by Imagìne; 12-29-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    this is my system , i overlocked it to 3.6ghz and they banned me two times, because of my overclock, i swear that i never hacked in my entire life:

this is what they told me:

Hello GOOGLEH,

Your account was in violation of the EULA and section 4d of the Terms of Use for using cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party technology, software, tools or content designed to modify the Software Product, the Service or Site. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Be aware that Hi-Rez does not ban solely based on user reports without other supporting evidence and we human review all bans. After additional review of the evidence, we stand by the ban.

You can review both the Terms of Service and EULA at http://legal.hirezstudios.com

Thank you.

HiRezAustin
    Hi-Rez Studios Customer Support
    i never used cheats, hacks or any macro, i just overclocked my processor from 3.2ghz to 3.6ghz...
    its unfair to get banned because of overclock, my game is installed in the ssd, could be ebcause of that?
    Last edited by MURES; 12-30-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead Zoiroid's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    This is unacceptable, I sent a ticket saying that I overcloked my Pc and resulted in a ban, what do they do?
    They send me a canned response:
    Hello wowzodroid.2002@gmail.com,
    Your account was in violation of the EULA and section 4d of the Terms of Use for using cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party technology, software, tools or content designed to modify the Software Product, the Service or Site. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Be aware that Hi-Rez does not ban solely based on user reports without other supporting evidence and we human review all bans. After additional review of the evidence, we stand by the ban.

You can review both the Terms of Service and EULA at http://legal.hirezstudios.com

Thank you.

HiRezAustin
    Hi-Rez Studios Customer Support
    Through action, a Man becomes a Hero
    Through death, a Hero becomes a Legend
    Through time, a Legend becomes a Myth
    And by learning from a myth, a man takes action...

I don't main gods, I main classes.
    Main Solo Laners:
    1st- Bellona
    2nd- Xing Tian
    3rd- Chaac

New Member Cupidhead FaceMyWrath's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Well iv got this old Intel Celeron E3200 (dual 2.40GHz) and i overclocked it to 3.2 GHz from the bios. I even overclocked my nVidia GT630 and i dont have any problems..

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
    How I am supposed to know this as a normal gamer that Overclocking my CPU can cause a bug in my system that will act as a speed hack... I've had my CPU OC'd for a long time with no problems and been playing SMITE for more than a year with my CPU and GPU overclocked. It is totally unfair.

If this company want's to be at a competitive level as LoL and Dota, getting banned because of this? Really? There is no online game that has this problem with CPU overclock and yet here on smite we get banned because of it and with no legitim support. What can I say about the money spent on this game? Trown to the toilet?

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by UIumulu View Post
    How I am supposed to know this as a normal gamer that Overclocking my CPU can cause a bug in my system that will act as a speed hack... I've had my CPU OC'd for a long time with no problems and been playing SMITE for more than a year with my CPU and GPU overclocked. It is totally unfair.

If this company want's to be at a competitive level as LoL and Dota, getting banned because of this? Really? There is no online game that has this problem with CPU overclock and yet here on smite we get banned because of it and with no legitim support. What can I say about the money spent on this game? Trown to the toilet?
    I've been wanting to use this for a while now.

Totally original, not taken from another post.

Anyway, this kind of discovery requires a certain complex process that's called "doing your research before you fuck with your computer." It's all precaution - you need to make sure that what you are doing cannot interfere with anything else in this way. When you find that it interferes with Smite, that's when you try to solve the problem if you really want to play this game.
    Last edited by Pokechu212; 05-19-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Wow, just wow, you say like Overclocking it's a big thing in gaming bussiness and a lot of games are acting wierd because of it. And if I try to google about this particular problem of overclocking it shows me this forum and a few on reddedit only about SMITE.

And of course I did my research back in 2012 when i started Overclocking my CPU for the first time with no damn experience the only risk being increased temperatures, system damage, etc but no software related programs.

There is no modern pc game that has this problem if you Overclock your CPU. Only SMITE and older games like GTA Vice City. What it means? Bad coding but hey let's leave it like that and don't give a damn about people who get banned because of it, it doesn't matter how much they played and investet in the game.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    This post literally gives me aids... Why should this be a problem for the player base to resolve? Not our fault you're using an ancient system that cannot read client information correctly.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead FateOfParadox's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinso View Post
    This post literally gives me aids... Why should this be a problem for the player base to resolve? Not our fault you're using an ancient system that cannot read client information correctly.
    ...except they mention it's an issue with Unreal Engine 3 and old Intel CPU's, and that it is less "read client information" and more "Client doesn't get told you're overclocking"...
    Seeking non-curby games