Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking and How it can get you banned

New Member Cupidhead NiGas0nfire's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382

Why doesn't Smite just fix the problem?

Dear Moderator: Instead of banning people for not being able to afford a new 1000 dollar pc why doesn't the smite creators just create a patch for the issue? Not only will the problem be fixed, but you get more revenue from allowing a wider audience from the people who own none-gaming oriented-pcs. 'ALSO I believe the problem has more to do with crappy WIFI rather than gaming hardware, as my computer unintentionally sped-hacked" when I was using Motel Wifi VS. being at home or in a starbucks, where my wifi, and my gameplay was smooth and stable.

This is an example of one of many problems that need to be fixed before Smite can compete with say LOL or Dota 2.
    ALSO I hope Smite brought this issue to attention INSIDE the game as well, because not everyone cares to look inside a forum that they feel has pretty much ignored their issues for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    I'd like to bring to light an issue concerning Overclocking, why people are getting banned, and hopefully how you can prevent it.

Let's start by defining overclocking.

Overclocking is the act of raising your Computers "clock" cycles. (Your GHZ). This can be done by raising your Multipliers or by Adjusting your BLCK speed. It's much safer and stabler to raise your multipliers rather than your BLCK. By overclocking your machine, you're also making it run hotter, which is why you need aftermarket cooling (Either a better Heatsink, or a watercooling loop.)

Do not try to Overclock your computer unless you have the hardware and knowledge. You can OBLITERATE your CPU if you're not careful! If you must try to overclock, please visit overclock.net and follow one of their guides.

(Just to highlight this, When I built my computers, It took me about 15 hours each to make sure everything was safe after overclocking them)

Now, on to why people are getting banned for this.

There is apparently an issue with Intel processors where the firmware in the motherboard (MOBO) BIOS is not reporting settings and timings to the Unreal 3 Engine (which smite uses) correctly. Specifically, the older MOBOs and CPUs seem to be the culprits. Newer motherboards seem to be fine, so anything post 2012 appear to be safe. (I'm running an i7 3930k and an i7 2600k on higher end MOBOs, both above 4.4 ghz, they're running fine and safe for me)

What's actually happening with this overclocking issue is the game is literally running faster than it should be. Your movement speed, animations, and cooldowns happen faster than the server allows, resulting in an unintentional "Speed Hack"

You can tell if this problem is happening with you by simply looking at the start menu. If things have sped up noticeably, or your skill CD's are shorter than they should be, DO NOT PLAY SMITE, or you WILL get banned.

Here are a couple links where hirez has talking about this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen...es_confirm_an/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen..._twice/%5B1%5D

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by NiGas0nfire View Post
    Dear Moderator: Instead of banning people for not being able to afford a new 1000 dollar pc why doesn't the smite creators just create a patch for the issue? Not only will the problem be fixed, but you get more revenue from allowing a wider audience from the people who own none-gaming oriented-pcs. 'ALSO I believe the problem has more to do with crappy WIFI rather than gaming hardware, as my computer unintentionally sped-hacked" when I was using Motel Wifi VS. being at home or in a starbucks, where my wifi, and my gameplay was smooth and stable.

This is an example of one of many problems that need to be fixed before Smite can compete with say LOL or Dota 2.
    ALSO I hope Smite brought this issue to attention INSIDE the game as well, because not everyone cares to look inside a forum that they feel has pretty much ignored their issues for the past few years.
    Totally agree.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Hello,

I was also banned for cheating without details of the offense.

I have an old PC with p55 chipset and core i5 750 CPU overclocked to 3.2ghz which could be the cause of my banishment.
    I also wondered if the pilots of my keyboard that can handle macros could be considered a cheat program.

I can do without the keyboard drivers but overclocking is not an option, I play to BF4 who needs this overclocking.
    I tried to talk to the staff but I came up against a wall ...

I love Smite and I would like to create a new account to play again but I find unacceptable to be banned without good reason after several months of play and some euros spent in the game!
    I'm not even sure that this practice is legal ...
    Fortunately for me Smite will be competition with the release of gigantic and I'll see if it's better there.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm french...
    Last edited by LeKraken; 09-03-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Sorry but if smite bans people for having there cpu overclocked.

RIP smite.

Everybody has there CPU overclocked, like everybody. As cpu's get pushed on on different clock speeds on same architectures.

If they put the blame on consumers while only really smite has this issue and not a single other game on the market. Then i dunno what to say.

Good luck banning 99% of your playerbase.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Hahah instead of fixing the issue they ban people, what a joke of a company.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AirFalcon's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by YewSuck View Post
    Hahah instead of fixing the issue they ban people, what a joke of a company.
    I am pretty sure you got banned for a reason ( I have read your Thread) and now you are simply putting your anger out via posts.
    Last edited by AirFalcon; 10-23-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    Falcon punch!

This is so sad. I literally found out about this problem last year when not many people knew about overclocking. I got perma banned and some other guy with the same problem got his account back. It just doesn't feel fair to me or any other players since. How was I supposed to know it would mess up the game? Its been a whole year and i cant even get a reply from Hirez with a solution to this....

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    today ive got banned, could be because i overclocked my phenom II processor from 3.2 to 3.6?
    this is so unfair i swear to God, i never hacked in my entire life and now im banned for nothing!
    this is definetly abuse of power
    edit: they unbaned my account, and today i overclocked my processor again from 3.2ghz to 3.6ghz, from the fsb, and my account got banned once again! dont overclock your pc guys!
    Last edited by MURES; 12-09-2015 at 07:35 PM.

I got banned yesterday. The reason is probably downclock the processor -D. I have a FX-6300 AMD Black Edition, so typically 17,5x (~ 3700MHz) and turbo mode 19,5x (~ 4000MHz). But I decided to set lower fregvency (for energy save), so i put 17,5 -> 12x (~ 2400MHz) and turbo had to default 19,5x ===> and now i have BAN, cool.

This is just realy JOKE, or what? I event not overclock CPU, the maximum fregvency is still same! and typical on me CPU.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Since I've read this been seeing people overclocking heaps...

How do people get detected for this?

I am assuming its overclocking, you know running way to fast. Ie:
    - Outrunning a chase from Thanatos ult (which gives 150% movement speed)
    - Running out of range of Ares flame whilst 3 chains are crippling you.
    - Running to enemy team and ulting.

On the bright side these players seem to be pretty bad, but still.