Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Overclocking and How it can get you banned

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered

Thumbs up

xD , Funny Ban for OverCloocked PC xD i have OverClocked PC +15 % into my GPU ( no CPU ) and no speed bonus no Bans xD

OverCloack is normal thnk every 1 doing it to speed up theyr old GPUs / CPUs, this is bug ( Your Problem no Our ) << Hi Rez should fix it and no Ban People for OverCloacked PC ...

New Member Cupidhead chevapzombi's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i got banned because of this and i really did not want to be faster... is there any way to make my acc unbanned again

New Member Cupidhead Wreckless178's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by chevapzombi View Post
    i got banned because of this and i really did not want to be faster... is there any way to make my acc unbanned again
    Yeah, same thing happened to me. I really enjoy smite but it kinda sucks that I can't play it anymore on any accounts because it thinks I was hacking...

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I was recently banned, and I can't figure out why (HiRez can't tell me). I haven't overclocked my computer, but I built it back in 2011, and I'm pretty sure I'm running Unreal 3. Could this sort of thing happen...by itself? I know how stupid it sounds, asking if my computer could overclock itself, but this is the only lead I've been able to find so far.

Thanks!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I OC'ed my i5-2500k to 4ghz to compensate lag issues in GTA V, but haven't experience any issues with Smite yet.
    My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3h-B3 from 2011.

New Member Cupidhead Lumin0X1ty's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    please tell me this isn't true. I have dropped quite of bit of money into this game and would hate to be banned because I overclocked my PC ages ago. I don't want to revert the over clock just for this game. Please tell me this isn't true.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I just had a game against a zues where he was getting messed up and he then logged out only to come back a few minutes later, normally i wouldnt care but what i noticed was he was running faster than all the speed bonuses would give in game yet he had no speed items.I shit you not i was in middle lane and we were fighting and i wasnt able to land a spell because he would run all over the place he went into the jungle when an ally ymir came to help so i tried to recall and i saw zues come out of the other side not 2 secs after he went in through the other way. It was not lag or d sync because he had it the whole match after that my whole team noticed it as well. His movements and cooldowns were sped up way past what smite allows. I just hope there will be a hotfix that fixes this as after the match i called him out on overclocking and he admitted to using it and that he had a bit of an advantage. Clearly he logged off to overclock and have an advantage over the game, so he abused the fact that smite cant ban in real time or time him out for going to fast past what thhe game allows. I imagine a lot of people who know how to overclock will use this to their advantage and use an unnofficial speed hack.
    This is how i usually do

This was the match i was in and he did over 70k damage.

Junior Member Cupidhead VermaWyrda's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    i have hte ability to overclock my pc without closing my pc or closing any programs (like smite)
    its a good thing i reverted my overclock before i activly started playing smite cause that would have gotten me banned without me knowing what was going on

its good that i read this

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Easy fix. Make the client send to server the current items / abilities active. The server does its own check. You went from X to Y in a straight line, You should be at Z location. If you go beyond Z by more than a step, it declares you out of sync and disconnects that game as a possible cheat. Prevents others from being screwed while identifying anyone with an unfair advantage, intentional or otherwise.

Easy to do the same thing with abilities / cooldowns. Ability was cast @ x time. It has Y cooldown. if its cast again before time X + Y based on server time, alarm goes off. It really does amaze me that more games dont have server side checking on these things.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Well, and for ppl who doesnt know about this BAN issue what could they do???
    P.S. I have AMD 8320 processor and still get banned

Is there any GM that could help me maybe providing my DxDiag file info ??!?
    As some ppl same here I spent a lot of money into smite account , I really enjoyed this game and hate to be banned cause I didnt know about overclocking issue......please!!!
    Last edited by oMgBLooD; 07-23-2015 at 10:28 AM.