Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australian servers are a joke.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Thumbs up Australian servers are a joke.

Imagine a week where the Australian servers were actually stable? this is beyond a joke how every day it seems now that we have constant lobby lag/constant server lag and chat disconnects. Probably wouldn't be as annoying if there was some sort of "match making" but jk, people just starting get matched against diamonds and premades.

/rantoff

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Completely agree, the lobby lag and general instability this week has been ridiculous. Has anything been posted by hi rez on the forums or elsewhere even acknowledging this?

New Member Cupidhead PigCalledMorris's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    It is getting silly, i am getting paired with 2 people who started playing today against a pre-made. assault queues of over 10 min and the lobby lag has gotten me and my friend deserter when we try to restart queue. i am rather ticked off right now.

New Member Cupidhead KesslerCOIL's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Certainly doesnt help that anyone with Vodafone in New Zealand permanently has 200+ ping because HiRez refuses to buy the rights to the Vodafones servers

New Member Cupidhead KesslerCOIL's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silt View Post
    Completely agree, the lobby lag and general instability this week has been ridiculous. Has anything been posted by hi rez on the forums or elsewhere even acknowledging this?
    HiRez never replies to anything on here, kinda seems like they dont care about the Australian server tbh

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KesslerCOIL View Post
    Certainly doesnt help that anyone with Vodafone in New Zealand permanently has 200+ ping because HiRez refuses to buy the rights to the Vodafones servers
    That sounds more like restrictive pairing by Vodafone NZ, not something to do with Hi-Rez.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hello,

If you're lagging than please fix your side of the internet, AU server is fine with connecting. Matchmaking is a little trouble at the moment but please take a note that Hirez isn't a big company like Riot [Creator of League of Legends]. Over time Hirez will improve and matchmaking will be better.

It's best if you have friends or clan members to start a 5 party as it will help to learn your teammates play style and doing so you could win/have more fun playing smite.

Thanks.

- Mikasa
    Last edited by MikasĂ ; 12-03-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PigCalledMorris View Post
    It is getting silly, i am getting paired with 2 people who started playing today against a pre-made. assault queues of over 10 min and the lobby lag has gotten me and my friend deserter when we try to restart queue. i am rather ticked off right now.
    What are you talking about buy the vodafone servers? To be fair, if you are a gamer and you have your internet with vodafone you deserve all the high pings you can poke a stick at.

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    This is why I go in the NA servers ;p
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

New Member Cupidhead CawCawCawCorvidLove's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Come join us in NA servers. Come on, we Americans love Australians & New Zealanders. Your accents alone make us girl gamers melt. I cannot speak for everyone, but I certainly don't point out faults and go 'you rock, cancel that' in game to make others feel sh***y. No matter how you look at it, there's always 1 or 2 players in each team that are the sacrifice (Here in NA, we girl gamers are aggressively targeted and mercilessly ganked and slaughtered. Sometimes we're protected by teammates, sometimes fed by our own teammates. I guess that latter is the guys' ways of saying, "girls don't belong on xbox", even tho we do.) so that the others can be the hero with 13+ kills and 0-2 deaths.

Now, our servers aren't flawless. Some matches you lag out and get kicked out and cannot get in for the next 15-20 mins. It's disgusting to get a big, harsh deserter penalty because something happening in the game to keep you from getting back in to finish your match. So, you still have something like 47 minutes to wait out before you can try to play, and when that happens, you usually get the message "cannot (something) due to low network performance, please try again later" when you try to at least try co-op vs ai to wait out your punishment. Usually when it gives me the low network performance message, I go play something else for an hour or two, then try again. The huge lag and kick out times are always at the height of something: New god/content and always during swc console matches.

I cannot tell you what it's like on PC though, according to one message, it just started real bad to lag and cause horrid ping rate in VS Arena only, after the 3.18 patch.

*note to devs: PLEASE DON'T release 3.18 patch for console? Terra's been nerfed to the point she's almost worthless to play, but she's still kinda tanky. After reading what you did to her in 3.18, I don't want it to EVER come to XB1!! People moan and groan about her being to tough to kill - here's the correct translation: I cannot 1-hit kill Terra, Ergo she is "too tough" an opponent. All the other guardians were way too squishy, then when you came out with Terra, she was exactly what a guardian SHOULD be! Then people whined, and you nerfed her. And now, due to the crybabies whining, you're completely destroying her. Is she going to be like all the rest, basically the magical version of a hunter? Or is she still going to be a zero in damage dealing? Guardians ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TANKY and difficult to kill, high cc output, very little damage dealt. Their job is to bear the burdens and protect the squishy, support them with group resists/support: Sovereignty, Heartward Amulet, Rod of Aspecious, the group magical lifesteal thingy. Since you're mudering Terra, you might as well get rid of guardians altogether. She's joining the rest. Instead of guardian, call it graveyard of could've been great characters. I'm tired of the people who play already overpowered gods whining until guardians are nerfed into worthless junk, and are nothing but 1-hit food for the rest. It's really pitiful. It SHOULD take the ENTIRE opposite team working together to kill guardians, or at least 3 very high damage/highly skilled damage dealers to do it. It could be scaled-down a bit for joust, so that 1-2 dmg dealers (all the other classes are dmg dealers) to kill guardian. As it is, Odin and Bellona make much better tanks than the tanks do. That's really sad.
    I'm starting a crusade to un-nerf guardians so they are actually worth playing.