Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report system

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Report system

Is it actually efficient ?

I had a game today with a dude insulting like "suck my d*** , bitches, go suck hi-rez " etc etc
    No one except my friend said he'd report him, and according to the names disappearing from the end game lobby, i don't think they took the time to do it.

I submitted a ticket about it to make sure he wouldn't get away with it. gave a screenshot, game id etc, i've been polite and all.
    all I got was

"While we appreciate your interest in helping to improve the community of Smite, these reports need to be made through the in-game reporting system. At the end of match lobby, go to the scoreboard page and click the '!' next to the person's name that you want to report. Select the category of report and include a short description as necessary."

does that mean two reports in enough to give him the ban he deserves or just "we don't care untill he is reported one hundred times" ?

I really feel like the report function is useless and tons of toxic players get away with it, and I find it quite unacceptable for a game where the community counts a lot, even more for a game that has just begun being officialy released.

am I excessive or what ? don't you think we deserve something more transparent about how these players are handled ? couldn't they just say "yea we saw your game, and since he infringed at least 3 rules of smite with a smile on his face he won't get away with it" as any half-decent human would think ?

this happens too often. i'm angry.
    Please Bring Domination Back !

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well, yeah. Unless lots of people report the same guy for the same reason, barely something will happen. This is good to stop parties from reporting the same guy for no reason.

Want my opinion? Move on. No need to keep worried or make a thread about one guy who said mean things on the internet. Report him and queue again.
    Can't upload my perfectly edited Winged Wand vs Iso signature.

My take on Solar Sentinel update.
    Thoth, Ra's Counselor concept.

Achievements:
    This thread is for all of them, which means about one out of 3/4 games. I'm moving on, but I need explanations, I need.... justice, which we actually never get in many online video games. the first game to have an instant ban for insult policy wins all my money.

Senior Member Honoured Lefargon's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullren View Post
    don't you think we deserve something more transparent about how these players are handled ?
    I'm all for transparency but at the end of the day if Hi-Rez doesn't want to release that information for whatever reason there's not much we can do.

They have said in the past that there is a human element behind every ban decision but how they actually come to decide who should or shouldn't be banned is pretty much a mystery afaik and it doesn't seem like that will change any time soon.

the first game to have an instant ban for insult policy wins all my money.
    This is far too excessive, I understand a three strike system but instantly banning players for insulting someone once would upset a large amount of your playerbase and probably affect your sales and it would, in all likelihood, be rife for abuse.
    Last edited by Lefargon; 04-23-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they are going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Achievements:
    Feeling like common sense is dead.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Seigmoraig's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Now I really really hate to say this and people will probably flame me for doing so but....

League of Legends did it right this time around with the Tribunal system.

Basically for those unaware, the Tribunal is a player run system hosted by Riot Games that allows players to review cases from repeated offenders. You get to see the last 10 games or so that the toxic player has played. You have access to the in-game chat (LoL lets you chat with the opposing team in-game), what items the player has purchased and how many people have reported him and for what. You can then vote to "punish" or "pardon" the offending player based on the information you have received. If the player then has an overwhelming majority of "punish" his case will be forwarded to the Player Behavior team at Riot for a ban/suspension from services. They even throw in a few influence points (ie. favor) your way for constantly voting with the majority.

Achievements:
    Tribunal is useless, players hit the "condamn button", if you ever click the "forgive" button, your vote will be minor and you lose accuracy rating, this system is incredibly wrong and that's all there is to say about it.

The only question is : they see someone insulting people and even hi-rez, they have the screenshots, they have the name and the game ID, and then what ? nothing. this is over my understanding as a human.

Pretty sure they could insult hi-rez via ticket and get an answer like "we beg to differ, hopefully you will be reported by players"

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Tribunal is useless, players hit the "condamn button", if you ever click the "forgive" button, your vote will be minor and you lose accuracy rating, this system is incredibly wrong and that's all there is to say about it.

The only question is : they see someone insulting people and even hi-rez, they have the screenshots, they have the name and the game ID, and then what ? nothing. this is over my understanding as a human.
    Most companies do not discuss their disciplinary actions with the public.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaeote View Post
    Most companies do not discuss their disciplinary actions with the public.
    I agree they don't make public their decisions, I don't need to know that mr X is banned, I need to know that toxic behavior is handled seriously, but if we only knew this kind of evidence was enough so the man can't get away with it. the answer I got deserves a "not mah friggin job" award. Can't believe i'm the only one who's butthurt about this :|

Senior Member Honoured Lefargon's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    It's likely the person you contacted through technical support isn't even responsible for moderation in Smite, the in-game report system is how they choose to have players submit player offenses for review. Sending this information to their technical department and expecting action to be taken is highly presumptuous of you.

Pretty sure they could insult hi-rez via ticket and get an answer like "we beg to differ, hopefully you will be reported by players"
    Now you're just spouting emotional nonsense, of course they wouldn't ban someone from Smite for insulting their support staff, it's not an in-game offence.

As I've said in other threads how they choose to discipline toxic players is entirely at their discretion and there's honestly not much getting upset about it will achieve.
    Last edited by Lefargon; 04-23-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they are going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra