Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So how should I be playing against Bellona as Chang'e?

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter

So how should I be playing against Bellona as Chang'e?

I lost to her in a match and honestly I don't know if I was doing things wrong or if I was in a bad situation from the beginning.

Her 3 was able to chunk me for 1/8 of my health bar, now of course I could have dodged it with 2, however, if I were to dodge her 3, she would come at me with 1 and then 2 to do more damage than before and outtrade me as my 1 and 3 did very little damage to her from her defenses, which is why I dodged her 2 with my 2, rather than dodging her 3 with my 2.

Now Bellona's sustain, Chang'e has healing reduction on her 3 which is useful, however, I still found myself not being able to outheal her, and one other things, mana costs, Bellona didn't really have issues with mana while I had so many issues trying to sustain myself, outtrade her, and also go do some fancy moves to get away from ganks, this also hurt me a ton when trying to beat her in lane.

I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to be doing, because in a nutshell, from experience, she could outdamage me, outsustain me in both health and mana, and also have higher kill potential on me than I have on her, which isn't too good.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSolanaceae View Post
    I lost to her in a match and honestly I don't know if I was doing things wrong or if I was in a bad situation from the beginning.

Her 3 was able to chunk me for 1/8 of my health bar, now of course I could have dodged it with 2, however, if I were to dodge her 3, she would come at me with 1 and then 2 to do more damage than before and outtrade me as my 1 and 3 did very little damage to her from her defenses, which is why I dodged her 2 with my 2, rather than dodging her 3 with my 2.

Now Bellona's sustain, Chang'e has healing reduction on her 3 which is useful, however, I still found myself not being able to outheal her, and one other things, mana costs, Bellona didn't really have issues with mana while I had so many issues trying to sustain myself, outtrade her, and also go do some fancy moves to get away from ganks, this also hurt me a ton when trying to beat her in lane.

I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to be doing, because in a nutshell, from experience, she could outdamage me, outsustain me in both health and mana, and also have higher kill potential on me than I have on her, which isn't too good.
    By waiting for her to get nerfed.
    Bring Back Domination

-My god idea-

CHARON: FERRYMAN OF THE UNDERWORLD
    The Ghoul also known as DEATH

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...the-Underworld

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    Chang'e slams Bellona.
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    You do what you're doing and hope the Bellona is awful. She currently out trades every other god in the game, with mobility and cc to boot... so basically unless you can set up a 4-5 on 1, just run away.

Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rıven View Post
    Chang'e slams Bellona.
    Is this in theory? Because I couldn't outtrade this Bellona at all nor outsustain her.

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Is this in theory? Because I couldn't outtrade this Bellona at all nor outsustain her.
    It's not a theory. Change is great against Bellona. Chang'e is an anti-healer, effectively shutting out Bellona's 3.

I did a full CDR build with BoV + Boots, Divine Ruin, Spear of Magus and what not. Active was Weakening Curse. Punished any Bellona I encountered as I shut down her healing and weaved through her attacks. You can't dodge all her attacks, but the way to beat them is to become unpredictable. Juke all around, while keeping your distance and slapping her around with both your 1 and your 3. Because of Chang'e's passive giving her a speed boost, she can dodge a lot of Bellona's attacks. Chang'e has very wide AoE skills, which means as long as Bellona wants to be aggressive, she will get hit 100% of the time by you. Divine Ruin + 3 makes sure she ain't going to be healing back up with Scourge, while Spear of Magus shreds her protections. Weakening Curse in case she gets a little too close for comfort.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Except you don't deal any damage with full CDR, divine ruin and spear of the magi's. Bellona's abilities are very hard to miss for someone that has some idea of how to use her, especially with a Heavy Hammer. I'm pretty sure you were just playing against really bad Bellone (excusable, since she was released so recently).

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyStorm View Post
    It's not a theory. Change is great against Bellona. Chang'e is an anti-healer, effectively shutting out Bellona's 3.

I did a full CDR build with BoV + Boots, Divine Ruin, Spear of Magus and what not. Active was Weakening Curse. Punished any Bellona I encountered as I shut down her healing and weaved through her attacks. You can't dodge all her attacks, but the way to beat them is to become unpredictable. Juke all around, while keeping your distance and slapping her around with both your 1 and your 3. Because of Chang'e's passive giving her a speed boost, she can dodge a lot of Bellona's attacks. Chang'e has very wide AoE skills, which means as long as Bellona wants to be aggressive, she will get hit 100% of the time by you. Divine Ruin + 3 makes sure she ain't going to be healing back up with Scourge, while Spear of Magus shreds her protections. Weakening Curse in case she gets a little too close for comfort.
    Anti-healer doesn't mean anything if she can outtrade you every single time and you can't heal up all the damage efficiently due to mana costs.

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    Except you don't deal any damage with full CDR, divine ruin and spear of the magi's. Bellona's abilities are very hard to miss for someone that has some idea of how to use her, especially with a Heavy Hammer. I'm pretty sure you were just playing against really bad Bellone (excusable, since she was released so recently).
    You would be very surprised how that "zero damage" quickly stacks up. Keep in mind, with BoV, Bellona won't be dishing out much damage either. Bellona is easy mode, just like release Ao Kuang was easy mode. Bad Bellonas can still go extremely positive because she is so easy to pick up.

Also, what is stopping me from getting a Gem of Iso to counter her Heavy Hammer?

Finally, if you are arguing that a skilled Bellona is unable to miss her abilities, then an equally skilled Chang'e player should also be able to dodge her attacks.

Anti-healer doesn't mean anything if she can outtrade you every single time and you can't heal up all the damage efficiently due to mana costs.
    So learn to dodge. If you are skilled at playing as Chang'e, she shouldn't even be outtrading you at all. Also, BoV and CDR boots gives adequate mana.
    Last edited by SleepyStorm; 03-03-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyStorm View Post
    You would be very surprised how that "zero damage" quickly stacks up. Keep in mind, with BoV, Bellona won't be dishing out much damage either. Bellona is easy mode, just like release Ao Kuang was easy mode. Bad Bellonas can still go extremely positive because she is so easy to pick up.

Also, what is stopping me from getting a Gem of Iso to counter her Heavy Hammer?

Finally, if you are arguing that a skilled Bellona is unable to miss her abilities, then an equally skilled Chang'e player should also be able to dodge her attacks.

So learn to dodge. If you are skilled at playing as Chang'e, she shouldn't even be outtrading you at all. Also, BoV and CDR boots gives adequate mana.
    Dodge?

Did you not read my post?

And Bellona's 3 is pretty much in the same range as Chang'e's basic abilities, there's no getting mobility to dodge abilities unless it's 2 which it's up to the Bellona player to miss.