Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I was basicly defined as Scum simply because ...

Junior Member Cupidhead TheFoxOnTheWall's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Wink I was basicly defined as Scum simply because ...

I'd decided to play ranked without knowing the "meta", I thought after a year of playing and nearly if not more then 1000 games I would give it a go and try some league.
    Some players think they are justified in throwing about abuse simply because I don't follow exactly what the pro's do, I don't start with pots and its abuse central (honestly surprised how quick players can type and still play).
    What surprises me the most is how other players agree with the abuse I'm getting, and all end up reporting me some serious bulling goes on, while it wasn't for all my games I certainly saw it the further I got into my qualifying.
    I am very happy with my rank but the experience I had later on as shocked me, even a guy with SK clan tag was throwing out abuse end game (I don't know if he was proper pro player but everyone in game was sucking up to him)
    So yeah Smite am I scum for playing my way in ranked?
    Well don't take my post too seriously, I do love the game and wanted to test my self but some people honestly do need to reevaluate there gaming ways if this is how some react.
    Sorry if I ruined anyone's experience, I do play to win or I would never press the play button, but I will not dedicate my time to learn and keep up with the "meta" that is not my gaming ways sorry.
    Chat to yeah later
    Last edited by TheFoxOnTheWall; 02-28-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I am sad to hear this. you are reported for not getting pots? i am thinking these reports should be used against them. Perhaps they want to keep the league as an elitist cave or something, bullying new people getting in and stuff. it means too much to people lose a game there..but well everyone when they first get into ranked probably will do less for a couple or more matches..

if you can manage not to rage and keep your postive attitude it may help.this is what most scares the raged person that you dont rage like they want you to be. they will step back.

I have seen in streams that even real pros rage real much and leave their teammates(again not new players) in very awkwards positions and they do it in front of people watching ..they are good with the game ok but it takes real stable and balanced personalities in game to keep them there..there are people like that as well, who can balance the game technically and motivationally.perhaps you are one of them.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Why you should never abuse people, leagues are the competitive game mode and having a team mate who lacks an understanding of how Smite is played competitively is a disadvantage to your team. if you don't want to deal with the competitive side of Smite why would you take the extra time to queue for leagues when you could play casuals?

Something that struck out to me in your post: "playing my way". Smite is a team-based game, it isn't about playing "your way", it's about cooperation and teamwork. I've been in many a situation where someone doesn't know how to play the role they're in or something like that, so the team tries to help them, but they refuse to listen to any advice and we lose the game because of it. It can be quite infuriating and I think you should consider how your actions are affecting the enjoyment of the 4 other players on your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.

Senior Member Honoured GroundStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    as long as you are not feeding and complete the objectives, backup your teammates, etc. I don't see why you have to 'follow the meta'. If you are more skilled with a god and can do better with that god in a role than the meta states, changing to the meta can only hurt you and your team in some cases

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Meta worshippers will be meta worshippers.

As long as you know the strategy and game phases, everything else is secondary.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRaven View Post
    Something that struck out to me in your post: "playing my way". Smite is a team-based game, it isn't about playing "your way", it's about cooperation and teamwork. I've been in many a situation where someone doesn't know how to play the role they're in or something like that, so the team tries to help them, but they refuse to listen to any advice and we lose the game because of it. It can be quite infuriating and I think you should consider how your actions are affecting the enjoyment of the 4 other players on your team.
    "My way" is playing with items I trust and have worked well for me over the year I've played this game.
    I know how to play every role and what the items I need to look at building for each, but what particular item I choose should be down to me and what I find effective.
    Thank you Miss!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundStorm View Post
    as long as you are not feeding and complete the objectives, backup your teammates, etc. I don't see why you have to 'follow the meta'. If you are more skilled with a god and can do better with that god in a role than the meta states, changing to the meta can only hurt you and your team in some cases
    Not feeding is certainly my main goal, it does make me a more passive player at times but I'm not one for hindering my own team.
    One thing I did pick up from the current meta is basset is pretty decent, I'm not a fan of Assassins but she was good fun to play.
    Tango on!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulina View Post
    I am sad to hear this. you are reported for not getting pots? i am thinking these reports should be used against them. Perhaps they want to keep the league as an elitist cave or something, bullying new people getting in and stuff. it means too much to people lose a game there..but well everyone when they first get into ranked probably will do less for a couple or more matches..

if you can manage not to rage and keep your postive attitude it may help.this is what most scares the raged person that you dont rage like they want you to be. they will step back.

I have seen in streams that even real pros rage real much and leave their teammates(again not new players) in very awkwards positions and they do it in front of people watching ..they are good with the game ok but it takes real stable and balanced personalities in game to keep them there..there are people like that as well, who can balance the game technically and motivationally.perhaps you are one of them.
    I don't think it was just pots but that certainly started the stick I got in one game, they honestly didn't stop and I had no choice but to mute them
    I always try and keep my head up and play as positively as I can.
    I don't know if the pro player was legit, he just had the SK clan tag on him, he certainly was good and he ended up with highest kills by some way.

Peace out!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Meta worshippers will be meta worshippers.

As long as you know the strategy and game phases, everything else is secondary.
    Of course , even playing to level 30 should be enough to learn the strategy of the game.
    Meow!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngryBìrd's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I found that as I got further into league, I spent more time arguing then playing. Hirez needs to take a good look at whats going on there because people don't enjoy fighting with people before the game even starts. It's exhausting, stressful and undoubtedly repetitive.

I would honestly say, Curse is the biggest contributor to this toxic environment for many reasons. That and the fact that there is little to no evidence that hirez does anything about it.