Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So with the exception of Cab

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SolviteSekai View Post
    I dont think Bellona is op, but if you think Sylvanus was balanced at launch (or even now) I cant help but laugh.
    Syl was OP at launch and was nerfed, pretty hard multiple times. If you think that the current Syl is OP, you are playing the game wrong.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Its funny how people forget that everyone cried about almost every god at release.

I dont think Bellona is op, but if you think Sylvanus was balanced at launch (or even now) I cant help but laugh.
    Really, you think Sylvanus is overpowered as he is right now? Seriously?

He had a really strong early game, and started falling off as the game went on. With the massive nerf to his 2, his lane clear has been destroyed. He's a decent support, but that's about it. Athena and Geb are far, far better.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    Syl was OP at launch and was nerfed, pretty hard multiple times. If you think that the current Syl is OP, you are playing the game wrong.
    Sylvanus is trash tier bro

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BubiLegend's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I like how people think that a god that has a ranged aoe attack had his waveclear destroyed. He still has the best lane push in game out of all guardians it's not even a close match-up. Not to mention that he didn't have his waveclear nerfed at all and instead his push was nerfed slighty. He's still top tier guardian.

As far as "New gods being OP things so that you can cash grab" I really find this argument hard to believe considering that you get 200 gems every month just by logging in and new gods cost exactly that much. I've never spent money on Smite(I wish I could but) yet I've been able to buy almost every new god at release with gems. I seriously don't think that any significant amount of profit can be gained this way with the amount of free gems that is being thrown at us.

Senior Member Chosen Killgunner10's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    Sylvanus is trash tier bro
    In most cases yes.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BubiLegend View Post
    I like how people think that a god that has a ranged aoe attack had his waveclear destroyed. He still has the best lane push in game out of all guardians it's not even a close match-up. Not to mention that he didn't have his waveclear nerfed at all and instead his push was nerfed slighty. He's still top tier guardian.
    "Best lane push in game out of all guardians?" Are you joking? Yeah, he has a low-damage aoe basic attack, which scatters the minions around and forces him to have to slowly, very slowly, pick them off.

Best lane push?

Ymir uses glacial strike. Minion wave dies.
    Athena uses shield wall. Minion wave dies.
    Cabrakan uses ground pound. Minion wave dies.
    Hades uses fear + devour or death from below + devour. Minion wave dies.
    Ares uses flame wave. Minion wave is annoyed, and weakened (yeah, his waveclear sucks).
    Sobek uses sickening strike + tailwhip. Minion wave dies.
    Bacchus uses bellyflop + belch. Minion wave dies.
    Kumbhakarna uses bellybuck. Minion wave dies.

Sylvanus has NO waveclear anymore. Every other guardian in the game can out-push him.

Does he have a no-mana waveclear that's slightly faster than other guardians? Yep.
    Does he have the ability to quickly or efficiently clear minion waves? Very much NO.

You're right about one thing, though. It's not even close. Sylvanus is just the one that's not even close to everyone else, he's so far behind.
    Last edited by RatGirl; 02-27-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    "Best lane push in game out of all guardians?" Are you joking? Yeah, he has a low-damage aoe basic attack, which scatters the minions around and forces him to have to slowly, very slowly, pick them off.

Best lane push?

Ares uses flame wave. Minion wave is annoyed, and weakened (yeah, his waveclear sucks).

Sylvanus has NO waveclear anymore. Every other guardian in the game can out-push him.

Does he have a no-mana waveclear that's slightly faster than other guardians? Yep.
    Does he have the ability to quickly or efficiently clear minion waves? Very much NO.

You're right about one thing, though. It's not even close. Sylvanus is just the one that's not even close to everyone else, he's so far behind.
    I think sylvanus is just more niche now. You can play a more aggressive early game because of his heals, at the cost of waveclear. So maybe a Cupid-Sylvanus lane, where they both have heals for mana and health (And decent CC). You could be super aggressive early game.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Can we all just accept that they obviously release new gods slightly overpowered to try and push people into spending money on them?

Its pretty obvious. Every moba (other than DOTA) does it. Its an easy way to increase sales.
    Because favor is overrated right?...

The reason they do it is because it's easier to nerf a god then buff them.

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    With the exception of Cabrakan... and Nox, Hou Yi, Awilix, and about 80% of the other gods released in the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post

Best lane push?

I like how you're comparing max rank abilities to Sylvanus's clear when the support's clear matters the most at early levels where Sylvanus' basic attacks are at their strongest (relatively speaking).
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Can we all just accept that they obviously release new gods slightly overpowered to try and push people into spending money on them?

Its pretty obvious. Every moba (other than DOTA) does it. Its an easy way to increase sales.
    This assumption isn't consistent enough to be true. The last couple of gods were not OP on release at all.

The same applies with LoL because not every new champion is broken on release. What LoL does do on the other hand is leave certain things OP long enough for that champions new skin to sell a lot before they finally decide to nerf it.