Page 213 of 3083 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 713 1213 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 30826

Thread: Official Off-Topic Thread

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllknowingWolf View Post
    Well that kinda of has to be the case because without editing the battle system in rpg maker in gameplay in it gets really repetitive and very boring, very fast usually. (Especially, the rpg vx verison that doesn't even show your party.)
    Well with the loss of being unable to change equipment. I made it so that you can recruit monsters to your party so mixing monsters based on current class is going to be interesting throughout the story.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran

Dear god, does this make the game seem extremely awesome and extremely disappointing at the same time.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    so im the only one whos hyped for fallout 4? and who love fallout series
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured AllknowingWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Well with the loss of being unable to change equipment. I made it so that you can recruit monsters to your party so mixing monsters based on current class is going to be interesting throughout the story.
    Not to be a critic. But if any other rpg tried to sell the point that you cant change equipment. I would immediately think their is a severe lack of customization. And I know a lot of people play rpgs for cool loot/interesting weapons and such. And limiting anything you can wear, seems like loot will be scarce. I hope you integrate that in your plot, removing that without a very good plot related reason it would probably disappoint people. Also summoning 'cool/unique monsters' would probably be better if you can see the summon beasts in action. Without that. Its just meaningless stats with a name. Just sort of the old rule of show don't tell. Just some advice from an rpg maker user. And I'm sure you already know about this but all the stuff online, like the side battle system and other things you could add to your game would go a long way. If you can do a little coding. :3 With all that said, Have fun with your game.

Senior Member Honoured Adr1anP3laj's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Dear god, does this make the game seem extremely awesome and extremely disappointing at the same time.
    2:37 Made me lol. Ahhh good times, good times..
    Last edited by Adr1anP3laj; 06-04-2015 at 07:53 AM.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    I was in neverwinter's beta. I really didn't like it, I was Hoping it would have went more DND with its skills and character sheet. But, nope... It had this static formula I didn't like. I almost came back to it when I saw the tiamet patch, but $75 is too much just to be dragonborn... The only reason I want the dlc.

Also the pissed a lot of people off with the April fools they did. People actually deleted characters because they saw the video about the devs release the dagon race to players.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    so im the only one whos hyped for fallout 4? and who love fallout series
    I'm a bit mixed about it. I love the Fallout series, and I loved Fallout 3. But what Obsidian did with New Vegas was head and shoulders above Besthesda's Fallout 3. I put over 200 hours into Fallout 3, but near 500 into New Vegas.

I'll reserve judgment for now. Either way I'll probably play the game. Just need to wait a few months after release for all the inevitable bugs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I was in neverwinter's beta. I really didn't like it, I was Hoping it would have went more DND with its skills and character sheet. But, nope... It had this static formula I didn't like. I almost came back to it when I saw the tiamet patch, but $75 is too much just to be dragonborn... The only reason I want the dlc.
    I also played the beta. Got to max level in about three days and just played PvP. Then they nerfed the hell out of Clerics' ability to heal and I quit.
    Support Main.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AllknowingWolf View Post
    People keep saying how great oblivion's gameplay is, and I played that appalling, stupid talking mini game, while looking at the uncanny valley faces of doom. And go, yep game sure is better alright...(oh and the leveling being useless, I like that part too.)
    And skyrim is better then teso, it'll never stop.

They all had their ups and downs. Skyrim limited the freedom your character possessed and tried to push you into making character for rules. The problem is, the world rarely acknowledge your character outside one or two comments, even as the dragon born. Half the perk system was useless the other half, broken. Necromage... Shadow... Enchanting... It also gimped mage freedom by removing spell making.

Oblivion, gave you complete freedom of your character if not, too much. Leveling was completely pointless, unless you wanted to see all the creatures your character had to offer. Cyridell was designed as eh... They took Rome and tossed it into Africa, I especred much more especially passed on some of the readings about the place. The game play was too exploitable with things like running backwards at the same speed you could run forward. You could pretty much kite endlessly.

Morrowwind... I only have it and the game of the year addition on Xbox... I'm reluctant to play it, I barely started but tes series will always be a PC game for me.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent2090 View Post
    I'm a bit mixed about it. I love the Fallout series, and I loved Fallout 3. But what Obsidian did with New Vegas was head and shoulders above Besthesda's Fallout 3. I put over 200 hours into Fallout 3, but near 500 into New Vegas.

I'll reserve judgment for now. Either way I'll probably play the game. Just need to wait a few months after release for all the inevitable bugs to be fixed.

I also played the beta. Got to max level in about three days and just played PvP. Then they nerfed the hell out of Clerics' ability to heal and I quit.
    yeah fallout is very popular with the bugs xD but the game is still amazing

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Morrowwind... I only have it and the game of the year addition on Xbox... I'm reluctant to play it, I barely started but tes series will always be a PC game for me.
    I barely played Skyrim, so won't really comment on it.

But if I was choosing between Oblivion and Morrowind. I'd go Morrowind all the way.

We can talk about the issues with both games, like the leveling system, and sure being a Vampire in Morrowind kinda sucked, but Bethesda did something so increadibly right with Morrowind that I have yet to find in any other game: the story. Oblivion didn't come even close.

Considering the main quest alone, you're sent through an increadibly vast and expansive world with changing environments. At any given time you can be in an ancient burial site or a great city carved into a giant mushroom. The story touched on differences between native cultures and expanding imperial power, political intrigue, the dangers of religious zealotry, racism, sexism, slavery, drug addiction, the creation of a god, the destruction of god(s), the ability of power to corrupt good, ancient legends meeting modern idealism, and so much more.

That's not to mention the factions and side quests. One of Oblivion's biggest failures was giving only a handful of guilds to participate in. Morrowind gave us guilds as well as political organizations, becoming a legionnaire, and even two distinct religions to follow the quest lines for. In these you could be doing anything from putting on a mask to steal information to breaking into a house and murdering someone. The side quests gave even more insights into the life of the world they created, from pilgrims seeking protection to legionnaires wanting to get rid of criminals but not being able to do so themselves.

Sure, now looking back, without nostalgia goggles, I know how flawed it is. Compared to today's technology the game is completely outdated, from the graphics to the stealth system to the AI. But for all the better games out there, there has yet to be a better RPG, or even one that is near Morrowind's level.
    Support Main.