Thread: Commend/Honor Options?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IceBoi200's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Commend/Honor Options?

Dear Hirez,

It just came to my mind that we have a Report button... but NOT the inverse. What if we see a friendly, encouraging and amicable player (or to an extent, someone who ALSO played well) and we want to ensure that this player should be a model player and deserves reward, even in as much a marking about "Good player here"?

Riot/League of Legends has the Honor System. Valve/Dota 2 has the Commend System. Smite currently has none. Do you think you should add that?

Though I would say that perhaps you should just limit the honor options to players that BEHAVE WELL. We have cases of being able to play well, but then turns out to be super toxic and having a rotten attitude. I think that does not deserve praises or honor at all. And to be honest, for a personal preference, I think that even such system can be easily abused with people just whining or demanding for points ("Honor pls", "Commend pls"). It also gets annoying and attracts more 'honor whiners'.

Hirez, I suggest that you create such honor/commend system that encourages more about friendly, teamwork and anti-toxic attitude, rather than just uber game-saving plays. Think of it as a friendly challenge, but if it's implemented, you can wonder just how beneficial Smite can get as a community.

What do you think, Hirez?
    Last edited by IceBoi200; 02-26-2015 at 02:39 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Corrade's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    This actually sounds pretty good at first glance.

Junior Member Cupidhead Aagaardnisme's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I think it is a great idea, and you seem to have thought it through.
    I would really like to see this idea be implemented into the game.
    I just support and hope we win.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Make a poll. I'm all for it as having reports without commendation encourages toxicity.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Its kind of interesting that Smite has not implemented this yet. As far as I can tell, alot of MOBAs like LoL and Dawngate did this. Heck, MMOs like Final Fantasy 14 ARR has this function.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    It could be easily abused by getting all your friends, clan mates etc to commend you when you don't deserve it, plus it would do nothing to change peoples play styles. The fact that the report function gets abused is what makes it totally ineffective.

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaila View Post
    It could be easily abused by getting all your friends, clan mates etc to commend you when you don't deserve it, plus it would do nothing to change peoples play styles. The fact that the report function gets abused is what makes it totally ineffective.
    Not necessarily. For example, you can force commendations to be a one-time-only thing (each player can only honor another specific one once) or disable the possibility for commendation between people in the friend list, or something like it. I think it would be a great addition, as positive attittude reinforcements often help a lot in improving good relationships.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    That is why you add diminished returns and a set amount of values each week to systems like this to prevent said abuse.

Junior Member Cupidhead PrincessF6This's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    They could just make it to where you can't give points to people in the party that you're qued with or like Sepherim said limit it to where you can only commend someone once per a week/month, they could also set the limit for how many points you can give a week etc. There's a lot they could do to prevent abuse, it's a great idea and always has been.

You're right about the report feature though, it's a joke.
    ~Princess of F6'ing

Senior Member Honoured Knuffiba's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    What is the reward you normally get for such honor/commend?
    Should it increase your goodwill?

I'd rather vote for a MVP reward that isn't about kills or tower dmg but also about assists, healing, deaths.
    Although I really like playing support I get pissed when I am 3/4/23 and outdamage the 2 asassins on my team... and then get called noob because that Loki/Bastet/Neith/Thana is 16/13/3.

The numbers are just made up. But I really wish that ppl would stop focusing on kills. This ain't CS-GO