Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Prediction for Bellona's upcoming nerf

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The problem with Bellona isnt that she is being a "warrior" as you like to state but the fact she has soo much options in 1 kit. Every single one of her skills do 2 or more things. Shes got a heal, 2 good cc's, LOW cooldowns, crazy mobility(a dash, a leap, and 30% speed), put that together with the fact shes a warrior she innately hits hard, and she has higher atk speed than OSIRIS! Kind of overpowered. No other warrior could duke it out with her effectively because shes has everything they have plus more. Only maybe herc could stand a chance

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopxX View Post
    StAting a wrong fact would be saying 1 item makes an entire gods kit useless..
    Magic blessing dose t make tyr useless.... it makes 1 out of his 7 abilities lose one of its properties but still deal damage....

I asked was Hercules heal better ...it is.

I asked was chaac better... it is.
    Your saying a slow that can last for 5 seconds is not as good as a slow that lasts for 3? And your comparing 30 heal per tic.. anytime.. to 120, every third hit while in combat.

And guan yu heal can be use out of Combat for diminished results or in combat for superior results. Taking 20 hits is hard while in combat every 15 seconds.... since when? Heck I even let minions hit me in lane. Getting pecked for 10 damage to unleash a 340 heal to everyone around...minions gods.... weeee!

Everything is situation based equal.
    Tyrs is a burst in combat heal... but also has 6 other abilities to use. Chaac has an all in one. I mean.. they are all pretty equal.
    Just like the mitigating and the initiate/escape

Jus warriors being warriors
    1. Tyr has only 6 abilities.

2. A magis blessing against tyr makes, that his best attack deals only half damage (since the second hit from fearless wil not hit!), that both his ccs do not hit and that he has to walk back to the target after using his fearless for further damage.

Chaacs heal is not better. It has 18 seconds cooldown So it cannot be up so often as the heal from Bellona. And Chaacs heal does not last 5 seconds on the target but the area which slows lasts 5 seconds, thats a BIG difference!

(also when having more protection additional life gained is worth more, since it takes more damage to deal that much damage again).

Hercules heal is also not really "better" just hard to compare (bellona can use it to heal on minions better then hercules can).

Taking 20 Hits with Guan you is not the norm... Taking extra hits for the little extra heal is also most of the time not worth (especially early).
    Also when you have to take 120 damage for 170 additional heal its not 170 additional heal but 50
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I'm honestly a bit shocked how far along this topic has been carried on for. I certainly had not intended to start off so many arguments, and for that I'm sorry. It seemed only a few people read my original post and actually understood where I was coming from. I think we can all agree that these free to play games often release a new god and purposely make them OP at first to get people to buy them and play them until the potential nerf comes in.
    I got the smite god package back when Smite was in beta, so I've seen just how many gods get nerfed after released, but sometimes they aren't. There are times when a god is released and people claim they are simply too powerful, but not much gets changed. Scylla comes to mind and while yes, her spells are powerful, the counter argument is, most of them need to land for her to be powerful. If she misses her abilities, she is left with a fairly weak auto attack (unless she is built around items that boost it of course). Her abilities have remained almost exactly as they were when first released.
    Then there are gods that are released and no one seems to care about them. Cabrakan is one of those gods that seemed to be almost completely overlooked when he came out. He seemed to rarely be played, and I don't recall hearing anyone asking for nerfs. I don't particularly like playing him and I've never gone up against one that dominated. I wouldn't be surprised if he still needed a boost.
    And lastly, we have the gods that are released that are just so obviously OP that the people have to remind themselves not to get too attached to them, ie: Nemesis. When she was released, she was actually intended to be a female warrior and people complained about how powerful she was (and I agree, she was). There were still counter arguments about how easy it was to counter her (but there will always be people like that). As expected, they nerfed her and decided she was better suited for the assassin role.
    Anyways, I'm rambling on. Once again, I apologize if my thread caused any grief. I was simply curious to see exactly what kind of nerfs HiRez was planning on implementing on Bellona. I played just a few games with her at the time, and considered all of the things I liked about her, and I wrote up my original post nerfing the things I liked. I'll be interested in seeing how accurate or far off I was. For those of you that understood where I was coming from and enjoyed my post, thank you.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post
    1. Tyr has only 6 abilities.

2. A magis blessing against tyr makes, that his best attack deals only half damage (since the second hit from fearless wil not hit!), that both his ccs do not hit and that he has to walk back to the target after using his fearless for further damage.

Chaacs heal is not better. It has 18 seconds cooldown So it cannot be up so often as the heal from Bellona. And Chaacs heal does not last 5 seconds on the target but the area which slows lasts 5 seconds, thats a BIG difference!

(also when having more protection additional life gained is worth more, since it takes more damage to deal that much damage again).

Hercules heal is also not really "better" just hard to compare (bellona can use it to heal on minions better then hercules can).

Taking 20 Hits with Guan you is not the norm... Taking extra hits for the little extra heal is also most of the time not worth (especially early).
    Also when you have to take 120 damage for 170 additional heal its not 170 additional heal but 50

magis blessing makes.....what he does best worthless!?!?

sir, that is OPINION.
    i play tyr for more than just the push.
    you may play him for 1 ability... its all preference but its clearly OPINION.

belona can heal off minions better than herc can....

and herc can heal off PEOPLE better than belona can. Didnt I jus say all the heals and sustain can be better in some situations and worse in others and that they are all situationally variable equal!?!?

and you say "but chaac ONLY heals for 30!!!! "

you sound like my son. he gets upset that I give his sister "more pizza" than him. I cut her pizza into 3 small pieces but give him a whole slice.
    so chaac heals for "ONLY 30" each HALF SECOND for SIX whole seconds..... thats a 360health return on an ability thats dual purpouse...

your also saying "belonas heal is better than guan yu because...."
    stop it... just stop. your comparing a heal that heals EVERYTHING in a radius to a heal that only heals SELF and in combat!!!

I can heal my entire TEAM plus a full wave of minions attacking a phoenix for that same 360... while belona and herc can only heal themselves. in some situations one is better, in others.. the other is better. but ALL WARRIORS... have an initiate, all warriors have sustain and all warriors cept for herc and tyr have a slow... even nemesis... and herc tyr have a push stun.
    all warriors pretty much are cut from the same cloth and belona seems the same.

heck even the "MAGICAL warrior" Zhong Kui has all the same things, the extra protections, extra hp scaling, the sustain and the snare. is he now "overpowered" also?
    Last edited by BishopxX; 03-01-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CaptBeers's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopxX View Post
    Well...
    I the secret power of google.

And having been here since beta. I remember when here's heal was "Gimp" all through beta at 120%. Then somehow 9 months later without any changes to the ability... it became overpowered

I remember when chaac was released... omfg I beat on him all day and he won't die and his escape is too short of a cooldown... cries

Then the omfg nemesis has too much sustain and too much escape.. nerd nerf.. cries.

And the omfg free cries and omfg I can't kill him omfg 2 escapes nerf nerf cries for sunwukong.

The community I'm general do sent like tanks. Because all guardians and warriors are always overpowered... and somehow all damage makes and assassin's are "gimp"

I guess you guys like damage
    Most people would love to just have a DPS race in mid lane.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Bellona is OK in arena but in joust shes ridiculously overpowered, her kit has too much and her ptotections/damage push her kit over the top!!

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The only thing I want to get nerfed about her is the amount of times she asks us to hit her, come and and hit her !!!

Really, that shit's annoying.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Temporary solution for people who bellona ruins the game 4 like me-make smurf account and if u are against bellona simply leave game and switch to other account

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey119 View Post
    Temporary solution for people who bellona ruins the game 4 like me-make smurf account and if u are against bellona simply leave game and switch to other account
    If you think that's a solution you're really ignorant. Yes, you're like and ostrich putting its head in the sand and hope the threat will be away once you emerge again. Instead, learn to counter play/build or just lamely towerhug until they make a mistake and then exploit it.