Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellona isnt even OP but she'll get nerfed

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Here is my reasoning as to why Bellona needs to get the nerf bat shoved extremely hard where the sun doesn't shine:
    Her passive: TWO passives held by other gods, Bellona's versions are better, IN THE SAME PASSIVE. Sobek is now a 1-bot, his passive (already completely useless) is outshined by this new god. Chang'es movespeed (granted, while not the only part of her passive, isn't the only part of Bellona's either) is outclassed by Bellona's movespeed, which lasts longer, is in effect more, and is easier to stack. All in all, she nullifies two other godly passives.
    Her 1: Fine ability. Except for the block. I believe it is easier for Bellona to get her stacks than it is for ATHENA (again, another godly passive that Bellona outshines), AND her block reflects damage. 10/10 Would balance again.
    Her 2: Fine, but very high damage. Could stand to get a tiny nerf.
    Her 3: Fucking hell, HiRez... Lay off the drugs, man. Lets see: Respectable damage, easiest ability to hit that isn't lock-on, and takes essentially 75% of the gods in this game out of a teamfight for long enough to get their shiz beaten out of them. With this she can also solo GF at level 3, but that's besides the point... It also gives extra range, and heals her... Yes, not the most bloated ability ever.
    Her Ultimate: Guaranteed teamfight win.
    And she also has easy to land abilities, has a lot of damage, and can only be taken down with at least 3 players. She can't be ganked, you can't outfarm her, you cant poke her, etc.
    She can do any role, because odds are she is a hard counter to her opponent.
    Oh yay, the first female warrior!
    Get your heads out of your asses and realize Bellona is the PERSONIFICATION of power-creep.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Of course i realize, and in my year of smite i could counter "counter picks" with actives, so it gets in a sort of balance, but a MOBA without any options of attack isn`t a MOBA, its a sort of simulator.

@Goldschuss: Sorry, are you stupid? Please think before writing, i just showed a hopeless situation. Where did you read that she is my favourite god? Interpretation is great, but useless in normal duscussions. I also played her and i enjoy the counter-adc skill, also had a match in joust against a freya, and i also punished her down, such minions were more dangerous than a freya for me.And finally i`ve just written that something must be changed, not that she must be nerfed (i only said that it is a high chance of getting her nerfed), rework freya sounds better.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    When a rank 0 god can carry several games with different players the god is OP.
    We are talking about people who have played <5 games with her and completely carry their team to victory. That has being my experience. If someone plays 100 games with her and learns the ins and outs of her kit, he is gonna end 20+/5- every game, according to what i have seen so far.

I feel bad for her tho because she is not cc immune while ulting and awilix can pull her.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Here is my reasoning as to why Bellona needs to get the nerf bat shoved extremely hard where the sun doesn't shine:
    Her passive: TWO passives held by other gods, Bellona's versions are better, IN THE SAME PASSIVE. Sobek is now a 1-bot, his passive (already completely useless) is outshined by this new god. Chang'es movespeed (granted, while not the only part of her passive, isn't the only part of Bellona's either) is outclassed by Bellona's movespeed, which lasts longer, is in effect more, and is easier to stack. All in all, she nullifies two other godly passives.
    Her 1: Fine ability. Except for the block. I believe it is easier for Bellona to get her stacks than it is for ATHENA (again, another godly passive that Bellona outshines), AND her block reflects damage. 10/10 Would balance again.
    Her 2: Fine, but very high damage. Could stand to get a tiny nerf.
    Her 3: Fucking hell, HiRez... Lay off the drugs, man. Lets see: Respectable damage, easiest ability to hit that isn't lock-on, and takes essentially 75% of the gods in this game out of a teamfight for long enough to get their shiz beaten out of them. With this she can also solo GF at level 3, but that's besides the point... It also gives extra range, and heals her... Yes, not the most bloated ability ever.
    Her Ultimate: Guaranteed teamfight win.
    And she also has easy to land abilities, has a lot of damage, and can only be taken down with at least 3 players. She can't be ganked, you can't outfarm her, you cant poke her, etc.
    She can do any role, because odds are she is a hard counter to her opponent.
    Oh yay, the first female warrior!
    Get your heads out of your asses and realize Bellona is the PERSONIFICATION of power-creep.
    Power creep? Sure.

Overpowered? Nah.

Disarm allows you to use skills. Just use them.

Her 2 can be countered with hard CC.

Her 1 should have a scaling on her slow, and the block stacks should be raised to 5 hits to get 1 stack.

Passive needs a movement speed nerf.

Again, ult is just a buff.

I don't know why you think she's OP. I've shit on every Bellona I played against.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Erival View Post
    Going Stepwise:
    -Oh yes you can. Weakening Curse or Brawlers Beatstick in the late game, and early game her scrouge doesn't heal enough. Scrouge also only hinders you for 3 seconds max, with a base cooldown time of 18 seconds, or 10.8 at max cooldown. It's not so spamable that you'll loose any boxing .
    -Weakening Curse and Greater Sprint both want to have words with you, being the staples that they are and how they completely counter her.
    -She has 2 methods of mobility for engaging in combat, one is a dash with range that is tiny compared to all pokes, the other is an Ultimate. If she's 4ing in response to a poke, you're either loosing badly, or you were about to be jungled to death anyway.
    -... You do know those abilities are mutually exclusive? She can have AOE base attacks or blocks with reflection, not both. If she used all her abilities in a burst, her mana would also drop like a nose diving jet going at full burn, leaving her stuck on the last weapon she used, which unless it's the scourge, is sub par for her weapons.
    -... Her high sustain doesn't work when attacking objectives, and her 4 bonus isn't that great.
    -.. *Bwahahaha* No. Really not. Doing camps burns through her mana at rediculous rates if she wants to get through them effectively, something that's not the case with other junglers. So, she either jungles like the rest of you, or you wait a little and gank her while her mana is recovering from having been tanked.
    1. Even with a Brawler’s Beatstick, she has incredibly high dps with her Scourge. 3 seconds is a very long time to have to run from someone with a dash slow, a leap stun and passive movement speed. Additionally, due to the efficacy of her sword and shield, she can pop her scourge at any point during the fight, she isn’t even remotely required to initiate with it.
    2. Greater Sprint counters both and Heavenly Agility counters both and Brawler’s Beatstick. You can’t take the god awful Bellona’s we’re seeing on day one as examples for how she’ll be played in league. A good player needs to be able to recognize when he’s outplaying his opponent and when his opponent just sucks.
    3. Yeah… no. Her dash has plenty of range to initiate on someone trying to poke you. As they move up for the poke, you move up, you dash, you fight, it’s not hard.
    4. What is a Hercules? You initiate with your dash, meaning your damage reflection is always going to be up for the first couple of seconds of the fight, which is when you would have taken the most damage if you were anyone else. If they retreat, you can leap after them. If they don’t and their line breaks in order to best protect the squishies, you can go into your hammer, easily getting a 90%+ modifier and going into those AoE attacks.
    5. Actually, it does.
    6. Not relevant to anything I said (but coincidentally false, since her 2 and 3 both give her excellent jungle clear – not on Bakasura’s level, but she hard counters him anyway).

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Sobek has been crying in a corner since they gave his 1 to Hercules :O What's one more thing to give away?

Bellona does have a lot in her kit though.

Mainly her passive and the amount of heal in her Scourge should be nerfed. Possibly the length of her Disarm.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Her kit is bloated which is one of the reasons why people consider her OP, however her kit only needs slight adjustments to make her less ridiculous.

Her passive should be adjusted to +3% movement speed per stack instead of 6%. The speed buff is higher than that of Ra's pre-adjusted passive.
    Her 1 is fine, maybe increase the total number of basic attacks required to 5 per stack and that would be fine.
    Her 2 is fine, it is her main damaging ability and can be countered.
    Her 3 is not fine, the disarm should be reduced by 1s and her heal should be dropped to 20/40/60/80/100.
    Her Ult is fine, with the exception of its duration and cooldown. The duration should be lowered to 10s and the cooldown should be increased to a flat 90s considering how effective it is at swinging teamfights in her teams directon.
    Last edited by MDorn; 02-26-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    I still don't see how people can consider her Scourge's 3-hit heal to be overpowered. It's not even a strong sustain and any ADC with a slight bit of lifesteal heal more on every hit. Other warriors can heal themselves up to almost 4 times as much in a single strike (Tyr's defensive cleave).

On level 1 she gets 30 healing every third hit when using the Scourge, at the same level a minion archer's arrow do 20 damage unless you've started off with protections.

On level 9 it's 110 healing after 3 hits, and if she uses any ability she has to wait for the Scourge to be available again to start over. Yes, it's a strong heal when fighting minions, but if you're actually doing something against her she can't possible just stand there whipping around and stay fully healed.

On level 20 it's still 110 healing after 3 hits. Same as above still applies. You should do a lot more damage than that by then regardless, the heal is only strong by this point if she's maxing attack speed - in which case chances are she'll be as squishy as an assassin.

I have an overall positive KDR with her in both Joust and Conquest (although there's been too few games total to do a fair comparing), but it's still lower than my KDR with Tyr, Odin and Wukong, and she's nowhere near as strong in the assassin role for me as Kali or Bastet is. As a support she's really not keeping up with Athena or Geb, or even Sobek or Ares. Her Scourge can mess their ADC up for a short moment, but she has no hard CC outside her ult (which is brief), she has no way of healing the ADC and she has absolutely no universal mobility - try dashing your way through the jungle and you'll be spent by the time you reach the mid lane.

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    Bellona is not OP, please play with her a little bit, before finally realizing, she is an assassin. not a warrior, shes pretty much an ao kaung, with more utility, that's it. She is NOT OP and NOT broken. She is actually fine once you fools learn to juke the ult, and not melee her like scrubs. As KKK I died 0 times to her so far out of like 8 games with her.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VladMtg View Post
    Lol Bellona not op.....please tell that to my poor Bakasura :C . I was so happy i finally learned to play him well enough but no you needed to invent a god from your butt ( If i remeber well Mars was the god of war at romans ) to totally wreck me . It's pretty stupid to make a god that is based on auto attacks and then introduce one that can just disarm him ( works on Baka's ulti too ) . So yeah ...i dont see Belona as an OP god ( maybe just a little bit ) but she made Baka useless ( and maybe Rama too ) .
    Bellona isn't a made up god.
    Read it if you want to see your family again:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ride-of-Vishnu