Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellona isnt even OP but she'll get nerfed

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AdonisBrah's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points

Bellona isnt even OP but she'll get nerfed

Because hi-rez actually listens to the hordes of whiners

nu wa ult made for utility hits too hard and wastes one of my actives- nerfed

hercs healing too stronk i cant build anti healing it effects my main build!- nerf (WIll say he was OP in non-conquest modes like joust)

Speaking of which i feel most complaints are done are based off of every mode type but conquest which the game is built around.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBrah View Post
    Speaking of which i feel most complaints are done are based off of every mode type but conquest which the game is built around.
    Yup, this. +1
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Why will Bellona be a staple ban for the rest of season 2 if she is not nerfed?
    1. You cannot box a Bellona. Any character that could potentially box a Bellona is shut down by her Scourge.
    2. You cannot run from a Bellona. Bellona has three mobility abilities, a stun and a slow. If you’re engaged with a Bellona, you’re fighting until you die or she tries to escape.
    3. You cannot poke a Bellona. If you attempt to poke a Bellona, she has the mobility to engage you, resulting in points 1 and 2.
    4. You cannot team fight a Bellona. If you attempt to engage a team fight involving a Bellona, she has 3 AoE cc abilities, an area denial ability and she deals 30% of the damage dealt to her back to your entire team.
    5. You cannot contest objectives against a Bellona. Everything from point 4 coupled with her high inherent healing allowing her to take objectives drastically sooner than any other character in the game, meaning that team fights around the objectives occur not because you want to do the objective, but because you need to stop the other team from doing the objective, with no potential benefit for yourself.
    6. You cannot camp a Bellona. Unlike other hyper carry gods, Bellona has an equally strong early game, with the mobility, damage and cc to survive most gank attempts.
    I very much enjoy the play style of Bellona, but not dealing with at least a couple of these issues in the next patch just means that League players will be playing with one less ban option.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    Why will Bellona be a staple ban for the rest of season 2 if she is not nerfed?
    1. You cannot box a Bellona. Any character that could potentially box a Bellona is shut down by her Scourge.
    2. You cannot run from a Bellona. Bellona has three mobility abilities, a stun and a slow. If you’re engaged with a Bellona, you’re fighting until you die or she tries to escape.
    3. You cannot poke a Bellona. If you attempt to poke a Bellona, she has the mobility to engage you, resulting in points 1 and 2.
    4. You cannot team fight a Bellona. If you attempt to engage a team fight involving a Bellona, she has 3 AoE cc abilities, an area denial ability and she deals 30% of the damage dealt to her back to your entire team.
    5. You cannot contest objectives against a Bellona. Everything from point 4 coupled with her high inherent healing allowing her to take objectives drastically sooner than any other character in the game, meaning that team fights around the objectives occur not because you want to do the objective, but because you need to stop the other team from doing the objective, with no potential benefit for yourself.
    6. You cannot camp a Bellona. Unlike other hyper carry gods, Bellona has an equally strong early game, with the mobility, damage and cc to survive most gank attempts.
    I very much enjoy the play style of Bellona, but not dealing with at least a couple of these issues in the next patch just means that League players will be playing with one less ban option.
    nerf bellona

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoeBaggin View Post
    nerf bellona
    This!! +1 ^>^

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    -snip-
    Going Stepwise:
    -Oh yes you can. Weakening Curse or Brawlers Beatstick in the late game, and early game her scrouge doesn't heal enough. Scrouge also only hinders you for 3 seconds max, with a base cooldown time of 18 seconds, or 10.8 at max cooldown. It's not so spamable that you'll loose any boxing .
    -Weakening Curse and Greater Sprint both want to have words with you, being the staples that they are and how they completely counter her.
    -She has 2 methods of mobility for engaging in combat, one is a dash with range that is tiny compared to all pokes, the other is an Ultimate. If she's 4ing in response to a poke, you're either loosing badly, or you were about to be jungled to death anyway.
    -... You do know those abilities are mutually exclusive? She can have AOE base attacks or blocks with reflection, not both. If she used all her abilities in a burst, her mana would also drop like a nose diving jet going at full burn, leaving her stuck on the last weapon she used, which unless it's the scourge, is sub par for her weapons.
    -... Her high sustain doesn't work when attacking objectives, and her 4 bonus isn't that great.
    -.. *Bwahahaha* No. Really not. Doing camps burns through her mana at rediculous rates if she wants to get through them effectively, something that's not the case with other junglers. So, she either jungles like the rest of you, or you wait a little and gank her while her mana is recovering from having been tanked.
    I don't need to back down until I die... Makes attrition warfare much more onesided.
    High Mana/Health regen FTW!

I'm sorry, but my lane clears weren't nerfed. Minion Charge!

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    Lol Bellona not op.....please tell that to my poor Bakasura :C . I was so happy i finally learned to play him well enough but no you needed to invent a god from your butt ( If i remeber well Mars was the god of war at romans ) to totally wreck me . It's pretty stupid to make a god that is based on auto attacks and then introduce one that can just disarm him ( works on Baka's ulti too ) . So yeah ...i dont see Belona as an OP god ( maybe just a little bit ) but she made Baka useless ( and maybe Rama too ) .

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBrah View Post
    Because hi-rez actually listens to the hordes of whiners

nu wa ult made for utility hits too hard and wastes one of my actives- nerfed

hercs healing too stronk i cant build anti healing it effects my main build!- nerf (WIll say he was OP in non-conquest modes like joust)

Do you even play smite?
    Bring Back Domination

-My god idea-

CHARON: FERRYMAN OF THE UNDERWORLD
    The Ghoul also known as DEATH

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...the-Underworld

Member Worshipper VeryCerealMilk's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Lol either I've only played against really bad Bellonas or no one here knows how to juke.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AdonisBrah's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacεMilk View Post
    Lol either I've only played against really bad Bellonas or no one here knows how to juke.
    Its still very early people are still learning builds and how to deal with her, like most release. however, you are correct most go down quite easy lol

to the other replies,

Her passive will probably be nerfed and boxing ability, maybe the self heal too.

Do I play smite, yes. Learn to counter build you might go far. At first I thought you said this due to my instagram, then noticed its your go to line to anybody that doesn't share the same opinion as you.

her jungle camp clearing is slow but could jung, I prefer solo lane as she doesnt bring much to the table as support IMO compared to HARD CC guardians
    Last edited by AdonisBrah; 02-26-2015 at 06:38 AM.