Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How the hell am I supposed to win normal conquest using the horrible god Athena?

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by boundedcrib View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83t7iDAiCAs Hinduman- Learn while you watch. This is a game that Hinduman comments on what the person did and didn't do right as Athena (he didn't do much wrong :P ) It's very informative and I learned a lot from it.
    Watching now. Also reinstalling smite. I'm going to give it 20 more matches. If I lose them all I'm uninstalling. Btw, I'm not a total moron when it comes to this game. Before trying Athena, I easily got Nu Wa to 50% win loss ratio and rank 1 mastery. I have never had this much trouble getting a god to actually help the GOD DAMN TEAM.

REGARDING THE VIDEO

* Athena is such a piece of shit god, you have to buy three healing potions to make up for her total fail.
    * Normal Conquest Casuals do not play like what was seen in the video. The people who play in casuals are horrible. I'm usually the one that needs to step up to win the match. I can't do that with Athena.

* He exploits the AI so his tank doesn't take any dmg when fighting the dmg & mana camp. I guess I'll start exploiting the AI as well. Usually I take all the damage and I'm at 50% life by the time I'm done with damage & mana camp. THIS MAY TURN THE ENTIRE GAME AROUND FOR ME, thank you for the video.

* He got lucky and got a cupid on his team who knows how to play. The real skill is dealing with a complete moron for an ADC. How do you use Athena effectively if your Adc is a TOTAL MORON?
    * He plays passive with Athena because his Cupid knows how to play.
    * He leaves at 2:38 for mid harpies. But what if your team are complete morons? How do you secure mid camps if your team mate in mid lane is a complete idiot?
    * Notice how at 3:00 minutes three of his team mates in mid lane ready to help. I don't get team mates like that. It's usually me alone at mid camps while my mid lane team mate is jacking off somewhere.
    * At 4:16 he has a team mate who is smart enough to help him invade the enemy speed buff. I don't get team mates like that.

I just want to say this:

IT"S EASY TO WIN MATCHES WITH ATHENA WHEN YOUR TEAM MATES KNOW HOW TO PLAY. BUT WHAT IF YOU'RE TEAMED UP WITH FOUR COMPLETE MORONS? THEN HOW DO YOU WIN?

OKAY ANYWAYS.

I'm going to try what I saw in the video. I just notice a pattern that the Athena guy is taking. There is a method to his madness.

Still, he has four team mates who know how to play.
    Last edited by Luzarius; 02-25-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    I used to play He bo, then they nerfed He bo. What now?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzarius View Post
    Watching now. Also reinstalling smite. I'm going to give it 20 more matches. If I lose them all I'm uninstalling. Btw, I'm not a total moron when it comes to this game. Before trying Athena, I easily got Nu Wa to 50% win loss ratio and rank 1 mastery. I have never had this much trouble getting a god to actually help the GOD DAMN TEAM.

REGARDING THE VIDEO

* Athena is such a piece of shit god, you have to buy three healing potions to make up for her total fail.
    * Normal Conquest Casuals do not play like what was seen in the video. The people who play in casuals are horrible. I'm usually the one that needs to step up to win the match. I can't do that with Athena.
    * He exploits the AI so his tank doesn't take any dmg when fighting the dmg & mana camp. I guess I'll start exploiting the AI as well.

I'm going to keep watching the video and taking notes.

dont put your bad emotions into business. then you really cant improve. I know this very well because i do it myself. you know they say "practice makes perfect"? NO. it doesnt, if you dont have the right state of mind, it can make you worse. so first clear your mind off your prejudices towards athena..even give it a serious possibility that she is gonna be your star..and only after that start watching videos and then go into practicing..
    Last edited by Loulina; 02-25-2015 at 01:13 PM.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Worshipper
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulina View Post
    dont put your bad emotions into business. then you really cant improve. I know this very well because i do it myself. you know they say "practice makes perfect"? NO. it doesnt, if you dont have the right state of mind, it can make you worse. so first clear your mind off your prejudices towards athena..even give it a serious possibility that she is gonna be your star..and only after that start watching videos and then go into practicing..
    I don't want to sound like I'm not learning. I'm just skeptical because I NEVER get an ADC who plays like the cupid in that video.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzarius View Post
    I don't want to sound like I'm not learning. I'm just skeptical because I NEVER get an ADC who plays like the cupid in that video.
    as long as you are satisfied with your own game play, all is respectively fine or will be better soon. you will have no interest in finding fault in others or in gods when you are satisfied with your own gameplay. you will say "ah, whatever, i did my best."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Please don't start doing these "OMG these gods aren't He Bo so they are terrible" threads again. -.-

Member Worshipper
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulina View Post
    as long as you are satisfied with your own game play, all is respectively fine or will be better soon. you will have no interest in finding fault in others or in gods when you are satisfied with your own gameplay. you will say "ah, whatever, i did my best."
    That's not going to get me to 50% win loss ratio.

With YMIR, I can tank and help any idiot on my team make a kill.
    With Ares, I can tank and help any idiot on my team make a kill.
    With Athena, I can tank, but I need to rely on my idiot team mate to actually make the kill. THAT IS WHY THIS GOD IS COMPLETE GARBAGE.

TRUE SKILL IS BEING ABLE TO WIN EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE FOUR IDIOTS ON YOUR TEAM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZWildeO View Post
    Please don't start doing these "OMG these gods aren't He Bo so they are terrible" threads again. -.-
    He bo got nerfed, I don't use him anymore.

Since you brought it up. 9 months ago, I used to be able to carry a team of four retards with he Bo. It didn't matter how bad my team was, I could carry nearly anyone and actually won quite a few 3v5.
    Last edited by Luzarius; 02-25-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Athena can carry as hard as any guardian can. Your first issue is that you assume that the other players are morons. While that might be true, about half the time it is, they also could be preoccupied. At a bare minimum you can secure one of the two camps solo with a 3+hog. If that's all you get then take it.

Second, the meta is new ATM. It'll likely change more, because of this people are learning. Don't be a prick and a know-it-all. If you expect them to help mid camps, say it before you go so they know. Most teams don't sucl because players are bad. Most teams that suck are because of communication issues. Say it, even if you think they know. They aren't mind readers and they damn sure don't see the same thing you are at the time. Mid has different priorities than support. If they miss a mid camp because you don't call it you are just as at fault as them.

Senior Member Chosen DirtyDiggler's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    You might be the worst player in the history of smite.
    “ Remember: What Cupid gives, Cupid takes away.”

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
    You might be the worst player in the history of smite.
    No, that's me

But there is this point.. we cant admire him for his sportsmanship neither when he calls everybody that happened to be in his team moron,stupid etc. this isnt one bit realistic and also rude. There is a vent thread if you want to say a couple of mean words and express your anger but advise threads are for logical sportsmen if you are really&seriously asking for advise.
    Last edited by Loulina; 02-25-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead boundedcrib's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    When I posted the video all I meant was to show you that not only is Athena played in high skill level play but her skills are very viable. I guess you missed the part where Hinduman says how the player is zoning people out by charging Athena's 1. After watching the video I started doing it as well and it actually does work! People get scared of a support going in and CCing them.and in the video Hinduman (I have huge respect for him) points out that the athena could rescue people ACROSS THE MAP with her ult. Tell me one other support that can get there as fast as athena? Oh none? Thought so.
    I don't have a cool signature.